Losing My Mind

(3 posts)
  1. Angelgirl4573

newbite

Posted 3 weeks ago
    Wed Sep 26 2018 14:27:38
    #

Login to Send PM

Hello all. So around 8 months ago my nightmare with Bed Bugs started. My husband and I moved my mother into a new apartment building and around a week later my 2 year old daughter started waking up every single morning with 5-6 insect bites. At the time she was the only one being bitten because I was pregnant and slept on the couch in another room as my bed was uncomfortable. After 2 weeks of continuous bites, we called an exterminator to check our place out. He searched high and low and found no evidence of bed bugs or any kind of bug for that matter. Fast forward 2 months later..I have my son and begin sleeping in my bed again. Now, I am waking up bitten all over just the same as my daughter. Only mine are turning into huge painful welts. So we call the exterminator again. This time I show him my bites and he agrees that they look like bed bug bites. So again, he inspects and again he finds nothing. He left us with the advice of vacuuming our floor several times a day and washing and drying EVERYTHING on high heat. He said to us in total confidence that if we had bed bugs, they were the best hiding bed bugs he'd ever encountered in his entire career. So I did everything he said and the bites completely stopped. We had 5 1/2 months of total bliss. No bites. Then..my mom comes to stay at our place due to her water being off and not long after she returns home..BAM..biting happens again. I woke up from a nap with NINE bites. From my eyelid down to my shoulders. My husband immediately checked our bed and for the first time EVER we found an adult bed bug hiding under my pillow. The trainwreck is..we just closed on a new house..and I really don't want to take these things with us. Both my bed and my toddlers bed are encased. Since then my daughter and myself have been getting bitten EVERY night. My husband and son never get bitten. So we called the exterminator again..he confirmed our bug was indeed a bed bug and searched again..he found nothing..no more bugs and no sign of eggs. He suggested it was a lone adult. Only problem is, we're still being bitten. So I know it wasn't one lone bug. I am losing my mind here because I literally CAN'T find them. I've done Diatomaceous Earth, Harris Bed Bug Spray, Vacuuming, Washing & Drying, Throwing Stuff Outside in Plastic Bags on super hot days, Alcohol..etc etc etc...to no avail. I am still being bitten nightly. My daughter doesn't get bitten when she actually sleeps all night in her bed..so it seems to be isolated to my bedroom. Does anyone else have any suggestions on what I can do?? I really don't want to bring them to my new house. The exterminator has done nothing because he claims he cant until he finds a bed bug himself. I am literally losing my mind here. Why can't I find them?? I have checked my bed, chairs, couches, walls, windows, curtains, wall hangings, nightstands, etc etc and have found NO bed bugs. I am literally losing my mind...

2. UKbugs

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Wed Oct 10 2018 16:14:35
    #

Login to Send PM

Did you find anything? I can't imagine how hard it must be if you have children too, I am the only one being bitten but my bites aren't welts, they are light spots that fade or pimples or pin prick marks, I've only found what I think could be partial skin casts but without finding a bun the pest control people won't do anything. (I did find bugs before we had treatment). After treatment I also found a large adult which stressed me out but I've not found any others since. Still being bitten though.. I have tried to convince myself it's the chemicals they sprayed or stress but then some in particular really look like bites so I don't think so.. I wish I could find where they are hiding, I hope you are doing ok.

3. UKbugs

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Wed Oct 10 2018 16:15:53
    #

Login to Send PM

Ps That should say without finding a 'bug'!

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

280,524 posts in 46,599 topics over 142 months by 20,553 of 21,419 members. Latest: pestbreaker, TRAY, tjg