Los Angeles PCO Recs

(3 posts)
  1. LosFelizBuggedOut

newbite

Posted 10 years ago
    Tue Jul 15 2008 4:48:30
    #

Login to Send PM

Help! I'm 2 weeks in and getting an inspection tomorrow from Terminix -- are they any good? I haven't read too bad things about them... but not great either.

Would love to get any Los Angeles area recs (I live in Los Feliz) to help me in the War!! Thanks in advance for your help.

2. LosFelizBuggedOut

newbite

Posted 10 years ago
    Tue Jul 15 2008 13:20:47
    #

Login to Send PM

I was approached by someone concerning Thermal -- I haven't done as much research as many of you have, so was hoping to get some opinions on the optimal treatment process.

Thermal seems appealing because there is less prep work involved -- but I am not afraid of hard work and will do what it takes to get rid of these f'ers!

Also - hm - this is the best way to ask this:

What are the best stage by stage treatments that you guys agree yield the best results?

e.g. (I am making this up but an example of format I was thinking might be useful for everyone -- didn't see something like this in the FAQs):

Initial Treatment -- Thermal
    Treatment 2 (2 Weeks Later) -- Chemical (listing names of chemicals)
    Treatment 3 (3 Weeks Later) -- Chemical (listing names of chemicals)

Thanks so much in advance guys!

3. buggyinsocal

oldtimer

Posted 10 years ago
    Wed Jul 16 2008 0:46:28
    #

Login to Send PM

I had a slightly unusual situation in that my treatment was scheduled for the day I was leaving town, so I wasn't on site for all of the set up.

They did a thermal treatment on the same day as chemical. I think chemical was first, which some people here have expressed some skepticism about. I had the thermal/chemical double whammy about 2.5 weeks ago. Since then I am pretty sure that I have seen no bug response. (I have two itchy spots on my legs, but they don't seem the big, giant bites like I had before. I'm waiting to see if they're nymphs biting or razor burn, which I'm prone to.)

My PCO, Hydrex, does not routinely follow up with chemicals after a first treatment. They seem to be terribly confident that the thermal will kill everything. I'll keep updating as things develop. (I should add that they give a certain length of time of guarantee of bug free life after the treatment, and if the bugs reappear during that time, they'll come back. We used them before for ants, so I trust them in terms of coming back.)

My general sense in these fora is that there's still a very, very small sample size of people using thermal, so I'm not sure that there's a lot of data on the whole how well it works part. I'm terribly curious to see what develops.

(I should also add, I'm wondering if there's a preference for thermal treatment out here because the PC Industry is already used to using thermal to treat other pests. But we certainly don't have to talk about that here.)

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

277,863 posts in 45,896 topics over 139 months by 20,212 of 21,020 members. Latest: Lima Rosa, afraidofbugs18, Bbt25