Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Tales of Bed Bug Woe

Loosing my will to fight...

(8 posts)
  1. freakedoutandbroke

Posted 9 years ago
    Sat Feb 6 2010 17:34:31
    #

Login to Send PM

PCO visited again Monday, this time to treat just the bed frame (we went 1 month with no bites/evidence and then they started getting me again, mostly my shoulders- he thought a couple instars might have survived the first 2 rounds).

5 days later and I just realized I have a mosquito-type bite on my forehead. I didn't notice it earlier today as I was jogging or cleaning my house. But there it is... can't miss it if you're looking at me. Up to this point they have mercifully avoided my face.

I am not depressed or angry or freaked out, really... just tired and not wanting to start the neurosis again. We had just un-bagged (per PCO advice) before the bites started again, and I was so looking forward to living like normal people. I was disappointed to see the bites start again, and now disappointed that the work done on Monday doesn't seem to be fully effective (or could it take this long for the bite to appear from last night, and could it take longer than 5 days for the treatment to fully work?)

I wonder who in the forum has been battling the longest, and how they keep their chin up despite the hope/disappointment cycle?

2. wchicago

Posted 9 years ago
    Sun Feb 7 2010 11:28:21
    #

Login to Send PM

awww faob, i'm so sorry. i have no words of wisdom, but lots of sympathy. i've only been fighting since october, and i'm already tired tired tired of it - i know there are folks fighting/coping for waaaay longer. i think bait's been going since 2007? i honestly don't know how they do it (ooh, that is SO not helping you, sorry).
    but chin up, the fact that you're not depressed or freaked out <hee, despite the name> means you're doing great, despite the understandable weariness in thinking about starting it all up again. but don't fret about the bite after 5 days, depending on what the PCO used, it could def. take longer than 5 days. phantom takes like 10-14 days to kill 'em all, for example. i know some of the dessicants take time to kill too. i hope this time its over for you soon though. hugs.

3. Beth

account closed

Posted 9 years ago
    Sun Feb 7 2010 14:16:09
    #

Login to Send PM

hey freaked out, so sorry,

sounds like they were in the bagged items. i honestly am thinking of tossing all my clothes if they go away for awhile. slowly build a whole new wardrobe, start off with a pack of underwear, socks, couple pair of pants and a few shirts, cheap set of sheets and blanket, new from the store or donated from bugless friends. but i'd wait 55 days living out of bags before doing that. i'm getting more used to it though i hate it. the thicker blankets and sweaters and jackets i've tossed already. it is wearying. but the good news is you have a pco you trust.

good luck-
    amy

4. bait

Posted 9 years ago
    Mon Feb 8 2010 7:20:37
    #

Login to Send PM

freakedoutandbroke - 1 day ago  » 

I wonder who in the forum has been battling the longest, and how they keep their chin up despite the hope/disappointment cycle?

That might be me. I noticed my first bite just before Labor Day, 2007. My apartment building was infested, some apartments but not all.

I did the whole nine yards to a T, spending around $10,000. I live with near daily bites , although very few, and self treat. I can cope because I have very good control, but it is a lot of work. I follow all protection protocols. Also, by definition, I have a very different type of infestation (structural, not in my living quarters/stuff), and many argue that I don't have bed bugs at all and suffer from parasitosis, or an autoimmune disorder, or scabies, or chemical exposure. But if I don't treat, I get bit to hell.

This site helps, but as good as it is there's still a lot of unknowns and misinformation, here and especially out there.

You will not be in my situation. You are on the road to recovery and are nearly there. You will have your life back.

Bait

5. sandeepn81

newbite

Posted 9 years ago
    Mon Feb 8 2010 7:30:03
    #

Login to Send PM

I too am contemplating about dumping all my clothing/socks/undergarments/shoes and going for a new wardrobe.
    But how can we be sure that the new cloths from the shops won't be infested? Is it possible that the shops themselves be infested?
    Also, the bugs might be residing in some neighboring house/appartment (more likely in attached wall appartments) and creeping into the house at nights for feeding. How do we stop this by treating our houses alone?

6. freakedoutandbroke

Posted 9 years ago
    Mon Feb 8 2010 20:10:48
    #

Login to Send PM

Bait,
    I am sorry to hear that you've got such a severe infestation... you are a very strong person to still keep battling. Thank you for the encouragement, all. It means a lot to me especially coming from the experienced warriors out there.
    "Stay calm and carry on"
    FOAB

7. bait

Posted 9 years ago
    Mon Feb 8 2010 21:27:49
    #

Login to Send PM

Good. Now get back in the ring and fight to the finish. --Bait

8. Adele

Posted 9 years ago
    Fri Feb 12 2010 0:53:50
    #

Login to Send PM

The war can be won - it took me a very long time - like more than a year and almost 1.5 years until I finally moved (which was signicant because they were in the walls in my old apartment) and got rid of ineffective PCO and had thermal done - then it was over

but the war can be won - sometimes it just takes a very long time

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,649 posts in 49,518 topics over 153 months by 21,698 of 22,141 members. Latest: carterscott, ohkayiguess, shawnpayne1982