Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Detection / Identification of bed bugs

looks like bedbug bites, but not itchy. ???? what are these???

(3 posts)
  1. timetokillbedbugs

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Thu May 4 2017 21:24:34
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi, I think my wife got some bites from bedbugs, but we just want to make sure that those are really bedbug bites, or not. So, I need some help for identifying these bites (or rash probably??).

Let me give you the full context of my concern.

We live in an apartment since Aug last year, and my unit has moderate BB infestation.
    Here is how it started. On January, we found one full-staged BB on our mattress, and called PCO for treatment. After the treatment, the PCO said there was no further sign of BB and we though it was just a hitchhiker.
    But, on February, we found one more adult BB crawling on the wall. PCO came and did the treatment and we also applied DE powder to the entire unit (of course we also did the other treatments in an integrated manner). I've done this until the end of March, and could not find another BB until the mid of April.

A one or two days after we stopped the treatment, we found where they lived. They came from the laundry room. We believed they were from our neighbor since we saw BBs coming out of creaks on the wall that is shared with our next unit. Since then, we found one BB every 2 days in the laundry room. I started doing the treatments (DE, alcohol, cleaning, drying, vacuum, trap, monitoring, whatever we could). But, unfortunately, it was going out of control. We saw BBs more and more coming out of the laundry room.

By the way, we couldn't call PCO since the apartment manager refused to do so by saying "its normal to see some living ones but they will eventually die" (ridiculous right? :D)

We finally decided to move out. But, before that we had some transition period. We stayed in a hotel for 3 days and then move to a new apartment.

Right after the move-out, my wife found something like BB bites on her belly. Since then, the number has been growing and now it seems to be quite serious. We're not sure whether those BB bites or not since she said those were not itchy at all. I thought those were some kind of postpartum rash because she gave a birth to our baby in early January. We talked with dermatologists, and they were also not sure.

What do you think about those spots on her skin? Do you think those are more like BB bites? or just some kind of rash?

2. timetokillbedbugs

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Thu May 4 2017 21:28:38
    #

Login to Send PM

some problem here. my post does no show up.
    Anyway, here are the pictures
    http://imgur.com/VEtLDft
    http://imgur.com/fbzoG7v

My wife got these recently. I'm not sure these are BB bites or just postpartum rash since she gave a birth to our child. We got BBs in our apartment unit, and moved out almost 2 weeks ago. Interestingly, the number of spot keeps growing but not itchy at all. What do you think of these spots?

3. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 1 year ago
    Fri May 5 2017 0:01:01
    #

Login to Send PM

Your post was in the spam filter. It's restored above.

Bed bug bites cannot be diagnosed visually, not even by a dermatologist.

You therefore need to look for visual signs (bed bugs, fecal stains, cast skins, eggs). A professional inspection is an option. Most people find fecal stains more easily than bed bugs. If bed bugs are present, they will feed, and they will defecate nearby every time they feed.

That said, based on your description of it as not itching, the rash may have another cause. Other causes should be explored by the dermatologist.

Also, since the skin reactions appeared just after you moved, they could be delayed reactions to bed bug bites in the infested apartment.

I would recommend bed bug monitors. If you moved away without taking precautions to avoid moving bed bugs, it's possible you brought some along and monitors may help you rule that out.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

275,891 posts in 45,388 topics over 138 months by 19,944 of 20,703 members. Latest: minhnguyen3014, davebentonn, Therseld1931@armyspy.com