Looking for victims, infestations, experts for news story

(4 posts)
  1. newsreporter

newbite

Posted 9 years ago
    Thu Aug 19 2010 12:23:05
    #

Login to Send PM

I'm working on a story on the bed bug infestation in New York - I'm a Manhattan-based TV News correspondent for an international news network RTTV (channel 135 on TWC in NY, or RT.com).

I need help finding victims who are dealing with the bed bugs who will be interviewed in New York City (we can hide your name/face if you would like), and/or who are getting their place treated or getting rid of their furniture and we can come get footage.

I'm also looking for tips on where infected mattresses/upholstered furniture are in the city, tips on infected buildings/apartments/businesses closed for bed bug fumigation, or really great NY experts/exterminators that would make great interviews.

Email me at llyster@rttvamerica.com or lauren.lyster@gmail.com. Thanks!!

2. bugnut

Posted 9 years ago
    Fri Aug 20 2010 6:59:52
    #

Login to Send PM

You can PM Killer Queen of this site - check out the posts from his clients - they can't say enough good things about him. He did not treat me, but spoke to me at length about my problem and gave me a lot of good advice - all on his dime.

3. paulaw0919

oldtimer

Posted 9 years ago
    Fri Aug 20 2010 7:08:29
    #

Login to Send PM

The best thing you can do before doing a news story is to do your homework and learn as much as you can about bed bugs before doing the interview. Though bed bugs are now in the news more and the word is getting out, there is much mislead information to the public basically because the reporter/news cast doesn't know their Faqs. Do yourself and the public a favor by reading the Faq's on this site and Bed bugs 101 on cooperpest.com at the very least before doing an interview.

4. spideyjg

oldtimer

Posted 9 years ago
    Fri Aug 20 2010 8:24:07
    #

Login to Send PM

We often *facepalm* after seeing or reading the latest story that has facts wrong or bad advice.

Please do what Paula suggested.

Jim

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

295,897 posts in 49,843 topics over 154 months by 21,812 of 22,278 members. Latest: jls954, bedbbg, Bolshoibooze88