Looking for insite and professional opinion

(2 posts)
  1. Thebiggerbug

newbite

Posted 5 months ago
    Sat May 12 2018 23:04:36
    #

Login to Send PM

1 month ago I purchased and received a new twin mattress and bed frame for my 5 year old From Amazon, I opened and set up both pieces and immediately disposed of the packaging. 2 days later my 4 year old granddaughter came for a sleep over, I had an air mattress that I took out of the pillow case it had been in for 2 years and set it up on the floor next to my daughter's new bed, they slept, all was great, next morning collapsed the air mattress put it back in the pillowcase tied it up and threw it in my bedroom closet. 3 weeks later my granddaughter came for another sleep over, took out the air mattress and as soon as we started inflating it, there it was! A Bedbug!running for its life across the top. I caught it and put it in a container at the same time my husband was collapsing the air mattress and stuffing it back in the pillow case and I ran it outside to the dumpster. I also threw away all the contents on the floor of the closet the air mattress was in. Here is my dilemma, I think it came off the packaging of my daughter's bed, laid in wait and then climbed into the air mattress that my granddaughter was in,easy access on the floor. I had pest control here who confirmed she is a bedbug, but no one can find another one or any evidence. No more bedbugs in any stage, no fecal stains, no casings, no bites, no blood...NOTHING. What are the odds that she was the only one and we were lucky enough to find her and catch her? I feel so hopeless...this is my worst nightmare, I can't sleep I just obsess trying to find whatever population or evidence there would be after a month. 2 post control companies recommend I wait and see before I treat, but that's a big nope, I will be treated on May 24th. I am behaving as if I have an infestation with washing drying, baging, inspecting and trashing, but I am refraining from any self treatment because pest control says I could spread it, if it even exists, but the OCD in me will not allow me to do nothing. Please tell me I am not being crazy and that if there's 1 there had to be more, especially because it was 3 weeks from suspected exposure until we became aware. What does a high low estimate on population over a month look like?

2. Thebiggerbug

newbite

Posted 5 months ago
    Sun May 13 2018 18:32:50
    #

Login to Send PM

Is this a bedbug case?http://i.imgur.com/h8Q8VED.jpg/IMG Here is my 1 bedbug that started this...it has been 8 days since I found her, what are the odds it was only 1 and I was able to find her? Assuming she/they were introduced 1 month ago, why can't I or any PCO able to find any evidence? I have torn my house apart looking for anything.http://i.imgur.com/uTk00Zn.jpg/IMG

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

280,459 posts in 46,587 topics over 142 months by 20,548 of 21,414 members. Latest: Lubbocklady, Losingit1011, srbutler