(5 posts)
  1. MG1

newbite

Posted 6 years ago
    Sat Jan 12 2013 19:28:58
    #

Login to Send PM

Hey Guys,

I had these critters a year ago... once again I'm warding off potential doom.

Crashed at a friend's place. Getting dressed in the morning, what do i find but a little bed bug crawling from the wall towards the bed...

Having had them, I know what the look like, caught it with some clear tape, and showed him.

... so I get home, wash my clothes, clean my boots. What do we think my doom ratio is here?

I'm about ready to call the PCO just for peace of mind.

Thanks in advance.

Matt

2. arianacassie

Posted 6 years ago
    Sat Jan 12 2013 20:29:02
    #

Login to Send PM

I dont think i would use any pesticides unnecessarily, maybe a good investment would be some passive monitors just my opinion but im not an expert

3. Demoralized

newbite

Posted 6 years ago
    Sat Jan 12 2013 20:57:27
    #

Login to Send PM

You have to eliminate the source of fleas if they complicate the matter. WHy doon't you set up some traps.

I had (and still have) a hard time convincing my landlord I had bed bugs (a few months into the new apartment). But I eventually caught one. I was gone for two weeks, so the had a chance to develop an appetite. I caught one crawling on me at 3am. So you could starve them and then set youself as bait to see if you can catch them attacking you.

4. WoopsBadIdea

newbite

Posted 6 years ago
    Sat Jan 12 2013 22:20:09
    #

Login to Send PM

Well, if you washed the stuff, hopefully you'll be just fine? Idk. They're not like, wizards. So hopefully the heat killed them!

*crosses fingers *

5. bedbugsuptown

Posted 6 years ago
    Sat Jan 12 2013 22:20:25
    #

Login to Send PM

MG 1, pleased to meet you and happy to add some support. I too am an ex-bugger. Had a fairly mild infestation, but this is about you.

... so I get home, wash my clothes, clean my boots. What do we think my doom ratio is here?

Not a pco, (Required by bedbugger.com and a possible misdemeanor to skip lol.) bit MG 1, I think your doom ratio is very low. Straight-up.

so I get home, wash my clothes, clean my boots.

I'm not here just to stroke you. Based on the above quote is what I based my opinion on. As a former bugger I imagine you made a thorough job of it.

I'm about ready to call the PCO just for peace of mind.

It can't hurt and if it gives you the peace of mind that your lookin for--go head. At the least your giving your pco a heads up, right?

Now, my 1 guestion--what is Demoralized talkin about?

You have to eliminate the source of fleas if they complicate the matter. WHy doon't you set up some traps.

Is there any reason you know of that would make Demoralized post about fleas ??? You both joined the forum in January 2013. Perhaps Demoralized has been reading a lot of threads and got you mixed up with another poster since you've thus far only posted once. Some many buggers stressed out and going a little buggy, it's easy to picture a mix-up.

My money says your gonna be just fine. Copacetic--better than alright in regards to crashing at a friends. It is sad though. Once you've been baptized an official bugger, life is never quite the same to a certain degree, depending on a buggers temperament.

Please keep us informed. We wanna hear you--give it a little time, be vigilant to any signs (assuming you know the drill, but one can always take some time to re-boot.) Yeah, lightning can and does strike twice but this is bedbugs not a flash of lightning. Luckily you saw the bug in yer friends crib. I'm not an actuary but I think like one. I say the odds are strongly in your favor.

God Bless

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

295,776 posts in 49,800 topics over 154 months by 21,797 of 22,262 members. Latest: Laura07, n4mn3p, ireallydontwantbedbugs