Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed Bug Resources

Looking for a bed bug info pamphlet geared for children

(4 posts)
  1. Canuck

Posted 6 years ago
    Wed Apr 17 2013 21:39:18
    #

Login to Send PM

Does anyone know of a bed bug info pamphlet or poster designed for children? I have a community service client with a need for such a product and have found lots of half-decent products in any number of languages but nothing in very plain language. Thank you. Sheree

Sheree Swindle / certified K9-assisted bed bug inspector
  2. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 6 years ago
    Thu Apr 18 2013 0:44:13
    #

Login to Send PM

No! Please let us know if you find one.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  3. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Thu Apr 18 2013 7:28:48
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi Sheree,

One of the reasons why we went down the cartoon based graphics route is to have the ability to do exactly that.

Its far from the top of my list of things that need doing but I am happy to help contribute if you get a group together willing to work on it.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

If you have found this information helpful please consider leaving feedback on social media via google+ or FaceBook or by like/loving the images.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about products.
  4. Canuck

Posted 6 years ago
    Thu Apr 18 2013 14:15:19
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you David for your offer. I think a collaborative team effort is the way to go here as there is a need in the marketplace. Perhaps we will have some more volunteers chime in 8).

All I came up with is a pesticide info page and Pest World for Kids

To get the ball rolling - some parameters to kick about:

target audience - children 12 and under and/or mentally challenged adults
    message - bare basics of what to look for, what to do if spotted and/or ?
    tone - fun, playful,
    medium - info poster (letter size page is easier to download and print) or ?
    price point - free for anyone to download, distribute and print

At the back of my mind, is the idea of a simple game to drive home the main points contained in the child friendly fact sheet, e.g. where to look, pick out the bed bug, etc.

Ideas and 'pen to paper' welcome. Sheree

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

293,319 posts in 49,236 topics over 152 months by 21,584 of 22,005 members. Latest: Robbysee, Elephant88, Nobugsplsto