Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed bug bites, skin, etc.

Long-term troubles with bed bugs! [ Please Help ! ]

(9 posts)
  1. sseeeeee

newbite

Posted 10 years ago
    Sun Mar 22 2009 22:06:22
    #

Login to Send PM

So I had the bed bugs about over a month or two ago and might still have them. But I need some advice and helpful information from experienced others. It's been over a month or maybe over two months but I was wondering, I still get red spots and what seems to look like bug bites. ( This is ONLY when I scratch parts of body, work out, am in high temperatured rooms or somebody hits my body ). Is this a rash after effect and will it go away eventually? I really am itching to know if I still have the bed bugs in my home or not. But the weird part is that these red spots and what seems to look like bed bugs disappear in cold areas and calm down when I don't touch them at all.

I really need to know and it's been such a while. Please let me know, anybody and everybody.

Please respond to this ASAP please!!

~ Thank You

2. yenko133

newbite

Posted 10 years ago
    Sun Mar 22 2009 22:32:53
    #

Login to Send PM

Bed bug bites do come back and disappear at times , Some will get red and swell and some will stay for weeks, While others will stay for a hour or under and never come back, The longest I had them was 3 weeks and shortest was an hour, So there is plenty of room for these things to pop up at anytime with heat hot water , sweat steam or go down in cold weather

3. sseeeeee

newbite

Posted 10 years ago
    Sun Mar 22 2009 22:35:18
    #

Login to Send PM

Yes but I'm pretty sure they've gone for good. Because my local exterminator has put chemicals all over my room twice already and the bites I USED to get would stay on my skin for good. These are temporary day to day and appear after hot showers, working out or when I'm in hot temperature areas. Do I still have bed bugs? I need answers please!!

The key part of what I'm trying to say is that the red spots and what appear to be bites appear and disappear throughout the day, I need answers and help please!

~ Thank You

4. nightmare

newbite

Posted 10 years ago
    Mon Mar 23 2009 10:37:49
    #

Login to Send PM

I know that after I take a hot shower or exercise, old bites become visible again. They just look like a red spot, disappear after a while and do not itch. Some marks are from bites I got months ago (I remember where they where on my body) weirdly enough, mostly old bites on my feet seem to reappear again.
    In you case, I can not say for sure that your bites are not new ones. I read that some people mostly notice their new bites after exercising or taking hot showers. Moreover, still having bugs after 2 treatment is not unusual (I had 4 even if my infestation was mild).
    I would add that from what I know, and still experience, bites are not the best way to know if you still have bedbugs. Look for marks and stains on your sheets or in your room. You can also try traps or tapes to see if you can catch some. If you still have them, they will show their presence sooner or later, you just have to look carefully for the signs. I know, it is upsetting and we really want to know they are gone, but I guess the only way of knowing is to be patient, wait and see.

5. BBcoukHome

oldtimer

Posted 10 years ago
    Mon Mar 23 2009 14:52:56
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

If the bites appear in the exact same locations and usually after the following:

• Raised body temperature through exercise
    • Raised body temperature due to bath or shower
    • Exposure to area of high air pollution

Then it is most likely a skin response rather than fresh bites. This condition seems to occur in about 1 in 10 people and often those who responded heavily to the bites when the bugs were present.

It does reduce with time and seems to linger most in people who also stress about the infestation.

If you suspect this type of reaction is occurring avoid the usual triggers listed above and inspect your home for the following:

• Faecal traces
    • Cast Skins
    • Live samples

If you don't find any of the signs listed above then it might be a lingering reaction. If this is the case please do not get the property treated again "to be on the safe side" as you may well find that the skin responses are also related to the amount of insecticide used. There is such a thing as too much and the side effects are oddly enough similar to pin pricks and bite like sensations (it can be a cruel and vicious cycle).

Hope that helps.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

6. sseeeeee

newbite

Posted 10 years ago
    Tue Mar 24 2009 22:04:41
    #

Login to Send PM

Okay, thank you for all your help.

So to be on the safe and smart side, I should just be patient with my condition and see what happens later on? Because lately, I haven't been scratching AS MUCH as I used to and it doesn't irritate as much. I will also be sure to check for the signs and if they're are none, I should just be patient with all of this?
    Please respond one last time, please and thank you~

~ Thank You

7. bitten123

Posted 10 years ago
    Wed Mar 25 2009 21:21:44
    #

Login to Send PM

ssee, I can not tell you if you do or do not have bed bugs. What I can tell you is that my skin went wacko crazy during the time I had them and during treatment. It was very common for my skin to breakout after every single shower. I got to the point where I dreaded taking a shower, and I'm a clean freak...my house stays squeeky clean and so do I. However, my skin just wanted to keep the old bites going, and I think that stressed me out more and made my skin worse, certain clothes that I had worn for years started to even cause the old bites to reappear. It took 3 months for mine to settle down, and just this past week after a very stressful week (non bed bug related) 2 of my old bite spots broke out again and stayed up for almost 3 days. One of my kids has a bite spot on their ankle that reappears almost like clock work every few weeks and has only just recently quit doing it. I believe it takes some of us some time for our skin to quit reacting, so give yourself some time for your skin to calm down. You could talk to a doctor or dermatologist about what you could possibly do, but for me time has been the best thing to stop my skin from being crazy. Hang in their, I do know the stress is very difficult, and I do promise you, it does get better.

8. sseeeeee

newbite

Posted 10 years ago
    Wed Mar 25 2009 22:24:02
    #

Login to Send PM

bitten123, thank you oh so very much haha.
    I've been stressing a lot but actually the spots have calmed down drastically because of my stress being lowered. It really does have a lot to do with it and I've just been relaxing praying that all of this will gradually go away. But thank you very much for your input and help. I will listen to your advice and best wishes to you and your kids.

~ Thank You

9. jackwalkinshaw

newbite

Posted 7 years ago
    Sun Sep 2 2012 0:36:18
    #

Login to Send PM

Great advise here. I just started taking two hot foot baths a day (don't ask) and my bed bug bites have come back all over my feet. Look and feel the same.

But the infestation is long gone. BTW it was one heat treatment that rid me of them.

Glad this forum was here to read. I was planning on doing a huge search for them tomorrow. Now I'll check the bed sheets when washing them, but nothing more.

Amazing that the allergic reaction can come back after several months.

Thanks!

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,655 posts in 49,519 topics over 153 months by 21,698 of 22,141 members. Latest: carterscott, ohkayiguess, shawnpayne1982