lonely, whining

(6 posts)
  1. goingaway

newbite

Posted 11 years ago
    Sat Jan 12 2008 9:02:54
    #

Login to Send PM

Just complaining. A good friend of mine offered to help me pack for my move. I would love nothing better than to accept, but I had to tell her I can't have visitors. We haven't told people about the bugs largely because spin control is impossible in our social group, and the friend in question is afraid of even harmless insects, so disclosure would not help.

Just so frustrated. I've helped so many friends move, and it's so much easier with company. I really don't want to do this alone anymore

2. pleasenotme

Posted 11 years ago
    Sat Jan 12 2008 9:34:48
    #

Login to Send PM

Sorry you feel so alone. Do you have any relatives who would be understanding? Hope you find someone to help.
    Heather

3. goingaway

newbite

Posted 11 years ago
    Sat Jan 12 2008 9:49:44
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks Heather. I'll be ok, just needed to vent, you know?. My family knows and are pretty understanding (though my mom is quietly terrified I'll bring them home by accident, but she tries to contain her fears) but they are too far away to help.

4. fightorflight

Posted 11 years ago
    Mon Jan 28 2008 5:20:42
    #

Login to Send PM

Um, this is a tired refrain from me, but have you read everything and anything about moving and bedbugs? It is quite difficult to move and not bring them. I don't know what your current situation is. Have you already been treated extensively and have not seen signs of bugs for a while? That would make your chances better. Just moving will not fix your problem, as I and friends of mine can attest to.

5. fightorflight

Posted 11 years ago
    Mon Jan 28 2008 6:29:22
    #

Login to Send PM

Oh - I just realized from another post that you are going to Vikane gas. That changes everything, so I hear. Excellent luck to you.

Don't know where you live, but I am in Colorado and we do not have sniffer dogs or Vikane gassers. But we do have a serious bedbug problem. Also tried contacting Colorado State University, with a faculty knowledgeable on pests, etc. and got no help, interest, response. Just wait until they get them up in Fort Collins!

6. stamps

Posted 11 years ago
    Mon Jan 28 2008 10:20:11
    #

Login to Send PM

FOF --

They DO have them up in Fort Collins

Just not reported on the BB registry. I have friends up there (went to CSU, just finished a couple years ago) who have had BB issues a couple years ago and had them taken care of (with 5+ treatments).

But I can't even imagine how horrible the problem might get in a college town where dumpster-diving is an end-of-semester tradition for many.

*shudders*

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,217 posts in 50,141 topics over 155 months by 21,920 of 22,415 members. Latest: Cain69, Bery10, plsnopls