Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed bug pest control firms (PCOs), Bed bug k9s, etc.

London-2years fighting bugs-help

(7 posts)
  1. 2yearsandcounting

newbite

Posted 6 months ago
    Thu Jul 27 2017 8:51:10
    #

Login to Send PM

We have had numerous treatments by the same company for the last 2 years. Managed to get rid of the bugs from my room twice but the other room is still harbouring bugs. All bites stop for 2 months after treatment, we think we're in the clear then the bites start appearing very slowly at first, then more and more as the weeks go by. Having young children means it's quite difficult to stop the spread of eggs bug etc from 1 bedroom to the next, the rooms are close together. Now they are back in my room!! Had my first bites on the 17th of July, and more on the 27th! The company we used can't believe that they are surviving but they are!!!
    Can anyone recommend a company that has cleared your problem in London?
    I can't handle it anymore after 2 years

2. player

Posted 6 months ago
    Thu Jul 27 2017 9:10:56
    #

Login to Send PM

Not advertising but recommending.
    http://www.bed-bugs.co.uk

3. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 6 months ago
    Thu Jul 27 2017 10:00:31
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

I regularly have similar conversations with people. The best way to summarize it is that most people treat the symptoms of the infestation without actually tackling the cause.

In cases where people have previously treated we find the best way to proceed is with as much information as possible. The process we use to collect an analyse this can be found below:

http://www.bed-bugs.co.uk/previouslytreated

Once we have the facts we can look to see if this is something we need to visit and advise on or if there are things that need to be done first.

It is highly unlikely to be spread through eggs, its more likely that the infestation dynamics have not been identified and sources isolated.

Hope that helps.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

If you have found this information helpful please consider leaving feedback on social media via google+ or FaceBook or by like/loving the images.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about products.
  4. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 6 months ago
    Thu Jul 27 2017 14:07:59
    #

Login to Send PM

Is there a chance they were identified incorrectly? There are similar bugs that take a different treatment method. Can you post some images of what you're finding?

Killer of bed bugs for Homeless Empowerment Program
  5. 2yearsandcounting

newbite

Posted 6 months ago
    Thu Jul 27 2017 17:07:15
    #

Login to Send PM

bed-bugscouk - 6 hours ago  » 
    Hi,
    I regularly have similar conversations with people. The best way to summarize it is that most people treat the symptoms of the infestation without actually tackling the cause.
    In cases where people have previously treated we find the best way to proceed is with as much information as possible. The process we use to collect an analyse this can be found below:
    http://www.bed-bugs.co.uk/previouslytreated
    Once we have the facts we can look to see if this is something we need to visit and advise on or if there are things that need to be done first.
    It is highly unlikely to be spread through eggs, its more likely that the infestation dynamics have not been identified and sources isolated.
    Hope that helps.
    David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

Hi David, thanks for your reply, I will fill out the form. The bugs were cleared from my bedroom back in November, it's now July, so my room was clear for 8 months. So you don't think my son could have brought bugs in from his room? He tends to run straight from his bed into my bedroom in the mornings, he's only just 4 and tends to throw his bedding around the place, all over the floor, sometimes into the hallway! Also my 1 yr old naps and sleeps in my bedroom, do you think having a regular sleeper there would encourage bugs to walk the 1.5 metres?

We brought the bugs into flat unfortunately, we didn't realise we had them when we moved in almost 2 years ago Sep 2015. 2 weeks after we moved in my son and I started waking up with mysterious bites, I found a nymph on my son one night, exterminator came and he immediately found a lovely row of bug poop behind our headboard, following the treatment he said actually found a lot more in the bed. It took 3 months to get rid of them, during that time, the bugs found their way to the other bedroom, there had been no evidence of them being there until the 2nd treatment! How do we explain that one?! Surely that shouldn't have happened in a flat that had been completely treated 3 times in a 3 month period.
    So we we were blissfully bug free or so we thought, we stupidly left the other room unoccupied from Jan- mid June until my son started sleeping in there, in July the bites started to appear, unfortunately we had also moved items of furniture between the rooms at this time, it wasn't long before my bites started as well. We had the whole place treated end of August, activity stopped for a while, then bites started again, had another treatment in October just the 2 bedrooms this time. Since then the other room has been treated3 more times, all bites stop after the treatment, we think we might be in the clear then it starts again, always in the same pattern! Took my son to the Dr and he agreed they are bug bites, as if I didn't know already but I had to take him regardless, it worries me a lot that he's been exposed to the chemicals. My room was clear until now, July 2017.
    Needless to say it sucks living out of bags for 2 years, can't even have a babysitter over for fear that they will be exposed.

6. 2yearsandcounting

newbite

Posted 6 months ago
    Thu Jul 27 2017 17:17:29
    #

Login to Send PM

BigDummy - 3 hours ago  » 
    Is there a chance they were identified incorrectly? There are similar bugs that take a different treatment method. Can you post some images of what you're finding?

Hi bigdummy, thanks, they were properly identified when it all started, the exterminator showed us the horrible infestation on our headboard and he found far more throughout the bed. So we know that's what caused our bites two years ago. Our bites are identical now, almost always 2 or 3 close together, intensely itchy, and they tend to match up with the bugs life cycle. Had my first couple of bites on the 17th, had another 2 on the 26th so 9 days later. When you've had them for 2 years you can tell when it's bed bugs. I wish it was something else every single time!

"Hi David, thanks for your reply, I will fill out the form. The bugs were cleared from my bedroom back in November, it's now July, so my room was clear for 8 months. So you don't think my son could have brought bugs in from his room? He tends to run straight from his bed into my bedroom in the mornings, he's only just 4 and tends to throw his bedding around the place, all over the floor, sometimes into the hallway! Also my 1 yr old naps and sleeps in my bedroom, do you think having a regular sleeper there would encourage bugs to walk the 1.5 metres?

We brought the bugs into flat unfortunately, we didn't realise we had them when we moved in almost 2 years ago Sep 2015. 2 weeks after we moved in my son and I started waking up with mysterious bites, I found a nymph on my son one night, exterminator came and he immediately found a lovely row of bug poop behind our headboard, following the treatment he said actually found a lot more in the bed. It took 3 months to get rid of them, during that time, the bugs found their way to the other bedroom, there had been no evidence of them being there until the 2nd treatment! How do we explain that one?! Surely that shouldn't have happened in a flat that had been completely treated 3 times in a 3 month period.
    So we we were blissfully bug free or so we thought, we stupidly left the other room unoccupied from Jan- mid June until my son started sleeping in there, in July the bites started to appear, unfortunately we had also moved items of furniture between the rooms at this time, it wasn't long before my bites started as well. We had the whole place treated end of August, activity stopped for a while, then bites started again, had another treatment in October just the 2 bedrooms this time. Since then the other room has been treated3 more times, all bites stop after the treatment, we think we might be in the clear then it starts again, always in the same pattern! Took my son to the Dr and he agreed they are bug bites, as if I didn't know already but I had to take him regardless, it worries me a lot that he's been exposed to the chemicals. My room was clear until now, July 2017.
    Needless to say it sucks living out of bags for 2 years, can't even have a babysitter over for fear that they will be exposed."

7. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 6 months ago
    Fri Jul 28 2017 6:39:12
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Once I get the data in the format where I can start to see patterns I will have a better idea how this could be happening and why. However, I need to try not to get too bogged down with the what has happened and to focus on how we take things moving forward.

Outside of providing us with the information int he pack the other good thing would be to check with all adjoining neighbors to make sure they are not the source. There are communication sheets here and on my site to help do this.

The good news is that once you start doing things logically the situation does rapidly improve and I am not a fan of the bagging things up approach, I prefer people to live as normally as possible and to focus on taking simple steps to avoid bed bugs.

David

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

270,513 posts in 44,038 topics over 133 months by 19,284 of 19,912 members. Latest: Aegis_, paulsinn, emeralddragonfly