Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Psychological and Health problems caused by bed bugs (besides bites)

Logic Check Needed

(4 posts)
  1. WeltsAbound

newbite

Posted 3 days ago
    Fri Nov 9 2018 14:54:11
    #

Login to Send PM

Hello,

I'm hoping someone can help me logically assess the likelihood of a BB hanging out inside of my clothes while I'm at work. About an hour ago, I felt a sudden, concentrated, intense pinching/biting sensation on my back. When I looked at the spot in the bathroom mirror, it had a bright red streak.

This could easily be because I itched it, and my skin is more and more sensitive as this infestation persists. Every item of clothing on my body was put through the dryer for 3 hours and immediately placed on my body before leaving the house. My shoes live in Ziploc bags and don't come out until I'm in my car.

Also, I know people don't really feel the bites, SO: help me logic through.

No matter what my panicked lizard brain is thinking, LOGICALLY it is very unlikely a BB hitched a ride to work through all of these precautions, yes? And LOGICALLY that intense sudden itch was a reaction to a bite from last night, not me actively getting bitten in that moment, right?

I feel significantly calmer about this mess that I was a few months ago--I'm much more annoyed than scared. But occasionally I do need these checks to make sure I'm acting from a place of LOGIC, not panic.

Thanks!

2. thirdusername

Posted 2 days ago
    Sat Nov 10 2018 3:04:59
    #

Login to Send PM

Some people claim to feel the bites.
    It doesn't sound likely that your scratch is the result of a bite at work.

I am NOT an expert.
    My opinions are just opinions, they may NOT apply to yours or any situation.
    My advice is to always do a LOT of research.
    A lot of what I read contradicts other stuff on the Interweb.
  3. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 20 hours ago
    Sun Nov 11 2018 21:49:19
    #

Login to Send PM

How many confirmed cases of this situation have you read about on this site? Why would your bed bugs act any differently?

4. WeltsAbound

newbite

Posted 20 hours ago
    Sun Nov 11 2018 22:16:22
    #

Login to Send PM

Yep. Exactly the questions I need to remind myself to ask--thanls for the back-up.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

281,256 posts in 46,757 topics over 142 months by 20,629 of 21,513 members. Latest: Ento1, jungr, laurwes