Live bugs found in my motel room

(3 posts)
  1. Kinkybugger

newbite

Posted 5 months ago
    Mon Apr 9 2018 23:08:23
    #

Login to Send PM

Over the weekend I stayed at a motel with a friend and she became covered in bites that we thought was an allergic reaction until we found live bugs in her bed. There was a lot of googling done and everyone is sure they are bedbugs. We had separate beds and I didn't find any bugs dead or alive in my bed but there were some behind my headboard when a friend took it off the wall. I don't think I have any bites on me but my skin is sensitive and I think I'm itchy from dry skin because I've been showering like crazy because I feel icky.

We put all our clothes into garbage bags and sealed them up and put them into my car. We went straight a laundry mat and washed and dried our clothes but we hadn't done enough research and dried the clothes to almost dry because we ran out of quarters. I thought letting the clothes stay in my car during our hot days would be good enough. I also has a small bag of stuffed animals I thought I could treat that way, I didn't dry them and left them sealed in a garbage bag.

When I got home and did more research I found that wouldn't work. My plan now is to take the clothes from my car straight to the dryer. I'm mostly concerned about how possible it is that they have infested my car now and also is it possible that one rode in on my clothes and have I now infested my home? I have still not seen a bug on me, my clothes, or any of my things but I know that doesn't mean a lot.

2. FayeState

oldtimer

Posted 5 months ago
    Tue Apr 10 2018 2:08:39
    #

Login to Send PM

I am really sorry you have to deal with this. I don't know the answers to your questions, but I was wondering if you reported it to the motel management and what they said. Did you keep any samples of the bugs your friend found? If you have a picture of the bugs, you can post that and an expert can identify it for you. Good luck and I'm sorry you're going through this.

3. Kinkybugger

newbite

Posted 5 months ago
    Tue Apr 10 2018 9:26:14
    #

Login to Send PM

We told the management and they were basically like oh okay and gave us our money back for the rooms. But my friend had booked the rooms and paid cash which I wasn't aware of and basically the front desk person said we only stayed one night and pocketed the rest of the money. But we did get all our money back.

I really wish someone could help me. I'm freaking out about what to do exactly. Today I'm removing the bags from my car one at a time and drying them 20 minutes past dry but I really don't know what to do with them after that because I don't know if my house is infested or not.

I have some pics yes but we are pretty positive they are bed bugs.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

279,327 posts in 46,290 topics over 141 months by 20,404 of 21,244 members. Latest: Bedbughelp, Anxietykilledme, Jwag0327