Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed bug bites, skin, etc.

Little pinprick marks with tiny red scabs

(3 posts)
  1. Pleasehelp1

newbite

Posted 10 years ago
    Wed Jun 10 2009 0:47:03
    #

Login to Send PM

I am new to this site but I could really use some support.

Two weeks ago I helped my sister prepare her house for bedbug treatment. I was very very careful when I returned to my home but I think that I might have brought a bed bug infestation back with me (or possibly I brought the bed bugs back before we even knew that my sister had them).

Last Thursday (about a week ago) I woke up and noticed a number of small scabs (tiny, tiny marks) all over my arms. They were bright red in the morning and darkened throughout the day. I also had a few marks right under the skin on my arms that looked like I was touched with the tip of a red pen. They did not darken.

I searched my bed frame and have not found any bugs but I think I might have seen fecal matter (small flat black flakes of dirt).

Since Sunday I've noticed more and more of the marks on my limbs and now my shoulders.

Does this sound like I have bed bugs? I am so worried. I don't want to wait too long to start treatment since it seems so likely that I have bed bugs. What should I do? Do I have nymphs instead of adults based on the size of most of my bites? Will it make a difference if I treat sooner rather than later? Do a few days matter?

2. EffeCi

oldtimer

Posted 10 years ago
    Wed Jun 10 2009 2:52:01
    #

Login to Send PM

BBs faecal spots are not like "black flakes of dirt", they look like consolidated tar drops: here is a magnified picture of them on a cardboard piece

faecal spots

3. BugFreeForever

newbite

Posted 10 years ago
    Wed Jun 10 2009 11:57:56
    #

Login to Send PM

I am curious, then, about what really is a fecal spot. I am several weeks past my 2nd treatment (this has been going on since the last weekend in Feb) and still sometimes see what I would call a bit of black pepper in my bed. I also sometimes see tiny spots the size of a pin head or a bit larger that I can roll between my fingers and I can smear them into small dark brown smears. I also have cats and it is where they often sleep and groom that I find these. I think I might still have some BLD bites once a week or so but since I hardly react, I just can't be sure. I had been alerted to my initial infestation by finding a live bug.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,649 posts in 49,518 topics over 153 months by 21,698 of 22,141 members. Latest: carterscott, ohkayiguess, shawnpayne1982