linen closet

(3 posts)
  1. shiner

newbite

Posted 10 years ago
    Mon Apr 20 2009 9:42:06
    #

Login to Send PM

I was just changing the sheets the other day when I noticed what looked like rust spots on some of my sheets that were stored in my linen closet. I tested the spots with saliva and hydrogen peroxide and they didn't bleed out. The linen closet is located beneath the attic where we have a bat or two. So I'm not sure if this is 1) a sign of BB, 2) sign of a bat bug, or 3) a sign of some other critter resting in my sheets in the linen closet.

I've conducted a thorough inspection of the house, bedding, etc--no signs of black droppings, casings, shells, etc. I also have not had any bites, which I know I am allergic to--having been bitten in the past when visiting a relative. And yes, I completely washed, dried and sprayed after that incident.

Do BBs or bat bugs ever just go away? I only spend weekends at this house and am often not here for stretches of several weeks or months.

2. parakeets

oldtimer

Posted 10 years ago
    Mon Apr 20 2009 10:14:52
    #

Login to Send PM

To me, the best sign is that you don't have any evidence of bites, especially when you are highly sensitive to bites.

If you have been away as you say "for stretches of time" and then come back, most likely the bedbugs will still be there (unless you were gone more than a year and a half) and those hungry bugs will be quite interested in feeding! The fact that you are not being bitten is the best proof to me that there are no blood-feeding bugs there. Of course if someone else is in the house, they might be getting bitten and not show signs, but if you are alone, it sounds like it might not have bedbugs now. Other things can cause rust-like spots.

3. shiner

newbite

Posted 10 years ago
    Sun Apr 26 2009 14:47:40
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks for the reply. I'll keep you posted.
    I'm on my guard now.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,396 posts in 50,186 topics over 156 months by 21,933 of 22,434 members. Latest: Kimmmie46, esedndwi, Help123