Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed Bug Treatment

Limestone and the bb dogs?

(6 posts)
  1. prayforamiracle

Posted 10 years ago
    Thu May 8 2008 19:34:35
    #

Login to Send PM

Okay, I have been using Limestoe after 4 pco and all the proper prep for 2 months now. No bites for 25 days now... I am having the dogs come in to stiff and tell me if it is bb free.
    I have a question about the limestone. Of course, I will mop it up, I don't have it around my cat.
    Only in one area where I put platstic over in on the very old wood floor. Now, like i said I will clean it up before they come but what about all the things, I have in bags , like a tv etc. Don't think they should be sniffing the limestone or the DE? Not good for there noses or it probably give a false scent.
    All this is so confusing...

2. DougSummersMS

oldtimer

Posted 10 years ago
    Thu May 8 2008 21:13:14
    #

Login to Send PM

The dusts you mentioned (limestone & DE) should not affect the K9s ability to detect bed bugs, but these dusts are an irritant for the dogs eyes & nose. Talk with the dog handler about the dust products that you have used & any pesticide agents that were used by your PCO.

It is very important to apply these dusts properly...We really only want a very light coating of dust in voids & crevices where it won't be disturbed... It should not be visible or lying out in the open.

You should clean up any excessive dust that is visible on surfaces or in a location that the K9 will get into during the search. Be sure to use a vacuum cleaner that has HEPA filters to keep the dust from being disbursed back into the air & protect your health.

3. prayforamiracle

Posted 10 years ago
    Thu May 8 2008 22:51:46
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks for that advice. You know we get alittle crazy and freaked and think its natural and spread it all over.
    Yes, Probably done me some harm. All this has really messed me upvin the head. What a baby, some would say...
    It's just the so creepy. I can't deal some times.

4. DougSummersMS

oldtimer

Posted 10 years ago
    Fri May 9 2008 5:40:51
    #

Login to Send PM

Prayforamiracle

I understand, it just seems counterintuitive that a light coating actually works better than an application that looks like beach sand. We mainly want to try to avoid inhaling the dust or getting it in our eyes.

Don't be so hard on yourself. It may just be a little bug, but anyone that has dealt with them knows how they can turn your life upside down.

I am praying that the K9 visit will bring you good news & confirm that you have eradicated the problem.

Once you feel safe your mental health will start to return to normal.

5. angie

Posted 10 years ago
    Fri May 9 2008 11:21:56
    #

Login to Send PM

My mental health returned to normal until yesterday!! It is amazing what a f****g bug can do to a persons mind!

6. laureneliz

newbite

Posted 10 years ago
    Fri May 9 2008 12:11:03
    #

Login to Send PM

I'm right with you there. No bites in weeks and I think a mosquito got me... I hope.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

279,442 posts in 46,329 topics over 141 months by 20,416 of 21,255 members. Latest: nu2bedbugs87, ndjur, Krazybugger