Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed bug bites, skin, etc.

Likelihood of bed bugs re: bite(?) on scalp

(4 posts)
  1. cafeidon

newbite

Posted 6 months ago
    Thu Jan 24 2019 8:59:08
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi all, I had just moved from a bed bug infested place, to a temporary place, and then to a new place. Yesterday as I came home from work I noticed a lumpon my scalp where there is quite a bit of hair. The lump does not sting or itch, and would only hurt if I put pressure on it. I don’t have any other lumps or welts anywhere else. I do realize it’s impossible to identify if it’s bed bugs just from the bite, but from a likelihood perspective what do you guys think? My reaction to bed bugs last time was it itched quite a bit and there was burning pain, and it lasted for a month. Any thoughts on this would be much appreciated. Thanks!

2. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 6 months ago
    Thu Jan 24 2019 9:07:33
    #

Login to Send PM

cafeidon - 6 minutes ago  » 
    I do realize it’s impossible to identify if it’s bed bugs just from the bite,

Search for live samples, cast skins and fecal deposits.

3. cafeidon

newbite

Posted 6 months ago
    Thu Jan 24 2019 13:50:37
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks for your reply. I’ve been searching my bed sheets for the usual fecal matter and stains but nothing so far. Also looked through the closet and walls

4. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 6 months ago
    Thu Jan 24 2019 14:25:56
    #

Login to Send PM

Check the piping on the mattress and any flaps, joints or hardware on the box spring, but it sounds like no bed bugs, that's a good thing.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

293,277 posts in 49,227 topics over 152 months by 21,578 of 21,999 members. Latest: Cc8656, bb3784738, Buggingout111