Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » General Topics

Life after bed bugs

(10 posts)
  1. Jenn28

Posted 9 years ago
    Sat Oct 16 2010 23:23:26
    #

Login to Send PM

I was at a nice restaurant tonight and I looked down at the table at one point and thought oh my god is that a bug? It was a drop of chocolate, A DROP OF CHOCOLATE for crying out loud!!! This is my life post bed bugs! Everything looks like a bug and now drops of chocolate are too! Bed bugs have really buggered me

2. bugnut

Posted 9 years ago
    Sun Oct 17 2010 7:01:20
    #

Login to Send PM

Wait until you see a ladybug in its back - the underside looks like a bb!

I know what you mean - I am happy we are rid of them (3 months and counting) but still cannot be comfortable. Not when they are still out there= in Lincoln Center now too!

Until EVERYONE has access to treatment we all have them. It is not just the "little" people or apartment dwellers - it is everyone. The fact that I don't have them today but go to a public place or ride on the subway I may have them tomorrow.

Very scary!

3. BedBugPanic

Posted 9 years ago
    Sat Nov 27 2010 14:52:37
    #

Login to Send PM

bugnut - 1 month ago  » 
    Wait until you see a ladybug in its back - the underside looks like a bb!

Or a ladybug without its wings (dead of course) with the head almost all off. My scare this past summer, after having gotten the all clear was just that... then I saw the head... then I looked up lady bug body on line and lo and behold, there was my answer!

4. Jenn28

Posted 9 years ago
    Sat Nov 27 2010 16:36:48
    #

Login to Send PM

My new black uggs stain my white socks, so I bought some black ones. Hello black fluff all over the place! Oh my god is that a bug? No, it's sock fluff. Oh my god is that a carpet beetle? No, it's sock fluff! Keeps life interesting!

5. BedBugPanic

Posted 9 years ago
    Sun Nov 28 2010 1:47:06
    #

Login to Send PM

@ Jenn 28 Oh man I hear ya on that one (I have black socks as well)... Or this one... the duct tape on bed frame wearing off and the metal beneath making rub marks on the box spring encasement that look like tiny black specks and to my untrained eye at the time, looked like fecal... thought I brought the buggers with me during my move... looked closer, the black specks were in perfect lines, which when matching it up with the duct tape, had the same linear pattern with little dots...

6. bushbugg

Posted 9 years ago
    Sun Nov 28 2010 2:14:12
    #

Login to Send PM

I am a brave man. Let me tell you why: on the subway, I SIT.

...but only after feeling every discoloration on the seat.

7. BedBugPanic

Posted 9 years ago
    Sun Dec 12 2010 1:35:50
    #

Login to Send PM

I hear you bushbugg... I sit on the bus, but that is because I broke my toe this month... but I do take a quick look before I sit down... or I cringe when someone brushes up against me, or a backpack hits me...

8. brookiered007

newbite

Posted 9 years ago
    Sun Dec 12 2010 14:54:09
    #

Login to Send PM

I totally understand all of you! I battled them for 4 months before finally giving up and moving.
    I went to counseling for a while and it helped. I HIGHLY recommend counseling if you are feeling "crazy". I know that without counseling and without my faith in God I would have been knocked completely off my rocker. I haven't seen a bed bug since the end of September when I moved out...but it took me 2 months to catch up on sleep and I'm just now starting to wake up without feeling itchy and checking my body for bites. The nightmares have finally stopped.
    I still "see" bugs out of the corner of my eye sometimes and YES a lady bug about scared me half to death!
    I am a huge traveler but am petrified to travel now.
    Who knew such a little pest would cause such huge problems even down the road? I read that they caused phycological problems when I first got them...never thought it would effect me this bad.
    Glad I can relate to some of you...no one else I know understands!

9. victimized

new username: help_me

Posted 8 years ago
    Wed Dec 15 2010 23:22:36
    #

Login to Send PM

Here is yet another person who understands.
    Granted I was borderline neurotic before all this started, can you imagine my insanity now?? Everything looks like a bug and bug bite. NYC was the love of my life until I started learning about the bed bug epidemic and then I started second guessing taking trips there. The weekend I discovered I had them I had actually been planning to go with a school trip back when life was still normal. Oh how fast things can change.
    Now I get repulsed by the thought of any large city now, old homes (unless really really sweet) antique shops, thift stores, flea markets... Mind you I am a Victorian reenactor who was putting together a pretty 19th century style home. I was also on my way to becoming a hoarder, because I love buying stuff and now that has got to change. No one else really understands cept the people here. When my family tries to tell me I am getting a little too ridiculous and obsessive I try to tell them other people do the same things!
    There was a point when I was taking regional rail to and from school and in winter was wearing this full length down coat and realized one day that in ym travels the static charge was making it a magnet for whatever it came across, especially on the train. Inside the bottom edge was all sorts of other peoples hair and ugh. Not only that, where I go to school the computer lab has upholstered chairs and carpeting. I was spending every lunch break on Tues and Thurs in there with all m stuff and my rolling bag before I realize I had bugs and then the bag went into indefinite retirement. But I needed to print a paper last week and this girl comes in schlepping her coat and back bag and just drops it all down into a pile ON THE CARPETED FLOOR!

10. WestSide22

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Thu Dec 16 2010 17:31:55
    #

Login to Send PM

I've had several mini-heart attacks over a piece of lint, or a crumb. The only way I've been able to get some kind of handle on my paranoia is be as pro-active as possible to ensure that I don't reinfest. I packtite pretty regularly (example: packtite all new purchases and anything that I order online; packtite coat and purse after going to the movies, etc.), keep my coat in a ziplock at work and only recently stopped carrying a small bottle of 91% rubbing alcohol with me. (I would spray the crevices of movie theater seats. I know.) It definitely scars you.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,306 posts in 50,168 topics over 155 months by 21,929 of 22,426 members. Latest: MaryPoppinsYall, nomorecreepycrawlies, buggerboo