(9 posts)
  1. Fallthebedbugs

newbite

Posted 6 months ago
    Mon Jan 29 2018 17:55:51
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

I have a serious bed bug problem and another post as well for other questions.

Question:
    I have an expensive leather jacket. I think it has bed bugs. Can I put it in the dryer? Is there a better way to kill them?

Thanks!

2. Pattycake

Posted 6 months ago
    Mon Jan 29 2018 21:13:14
    #

Login to Send PM

I've read that Murphy's Oil Soap is a good bedbug killer. I use it on my leather hot tub cover. Maybe a good scrubbing would eliminate the bugs on your jacket. Unvanquished strips in a sealed plastic container would work also. I put some leather pillows in one and they were fine.

3. Fallthebedbugs

newbite

Posted 6 months ago
    Tue Jan 30 2018 11:43:44
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks. I can't see them on the surface. But after I posted last night, i actually saw one come out of the stitching. I put the jacket in the freezer. Do you think this will work?

These bed bugs are ruining my life completely. We need to get to star trek levels of technology to get rid of them.

4. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 6 months ago
    Tue Jan 30 2018 11:53:55
    #

Login to Send PM

The freezer isn't going to work. Set the temp to low heat and throw it in the dryer for 30 minutes.

Killer of bed bugs for Homeless Empowerment Program
  5. Pattycake

Posted 6 months ago
    Tue Jan 30 2018 15:53:53
    #

Login to Send PM

That is suppose to read NUVAN . You can google it.They work.

6. Fallthebedbugs

newbite

Posted 6 months ago
    Tue Jan 30 2018 18:09:19
    #

Login to Send PM

Lol... That is quite an autocorrect. Just got home from work and was going to research it.

Thanks!

I have read about these and tried to order them off a few websites but apparently there are legal issues getting it in Canada.. I think I should probably try a little harder to be perfectly honest.. there must be a way to get them. A couple of sites I tried to order from said that.

The problem though is that re-contamination can happen so easily. From bed or couch to shirt to jacket. I would throw these things away but I have now had them treated many times and I have read this is the biggest mistake you can make- throwing stuff away. I have to move, I will throw away when I move for sure but for the moment I have to live with it.

I am really really fed up. I don't know what to do.

7. bedbugsbugme

Posted 6 months ago
    Wed Jan 31 2018 15:06:57
    #

Login to Send PM

When you throw stuff away make sure to spray paint on the item that it has bed bugs so no one tries to take it home.

I'm not an expert. Just sharing what I learned from my experience.
  8. Pattycake

Posted 6 months ago
    Wed Jan 31 2018 16:44:37
    #

Login to Send PM

Try searching for NoPest Strips. They have the same ingredients but are easier to find. They have been a blessing for me . I've treated my lamps pictures and other things that couldn't be dried or heated. Good luck. It is a whole lot of ass pain.

9. Fallthebedbugs

newbite

Posted 6 months ago
    Fri Feb 2 2018 19:52:15
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you for the tip! I will do anything at this point. I will search for those. But I am wondering if there is any point until I am totally ready to throw everything I can away and move. There are things that simply cannot be thrown away- diamond/gold jewelry, passport, things that have little monetary value but have been in the family for generations.

I think the only real option I have is to treat these things as best as I can, move (possibly to a temporary location to make sure I haven't got a bb problem) and throw everything else away (I am in a good position that way- a lot of my stuff is end of life anyway). In my other post, I mentioned I have just bought a brand new car about a month ago. I don't even know where to start with that issue. I will lose thousands of dollars if I sell it and I don't want to pass the problem to someone else.

I don't think I have ever been this depressed about anything in my life.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

277,669 posts in 45,842 topics over 139 months by 20,188 of 20,991 members. Latest: BBNewbiePlzHelp, akeller0293, califrnia