Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Reader questions (do not fit into other categories)

leather a terrible idea for a new couch?

(2 posts)
  1. avoidbb

newbite

Posted 7 years ago
    Fri Sep 14 2012 17:06:15
    #

Login to Send PM

Am in love with a leather couch that I want to purchase tomorrow. Will occasionally be used for sleeping, and I live in a town and in a building where there have been infestations. Kind and friendly PCOs and other experts out there: is it completely stupid to purchase this? If it does end up infested, will it be possible to treat? Or does the vapor, for example, kill not only the bugs and eggs but the couch as well? Other furnishings in the room or blinds, a rug, a piano, a tv, lucite chairs, various pieces of wood furniture. Thanks in advance for advice.

2. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 7 years ago
    Fri Sep 14 2012 17:19:44
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

It may come as no surprise to many of the regulars that I am a leather fan and especially on sofas and seats. It may be that they tend to be better made and therefore easier to treat if you know what you are doing.

Interestingly they tend to only get infected on the under side which is much easier to treat than pulling bedbugs out of a velour type material.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

If you have found this information helpful please consider leaving feedback on social media via google+ or FaceBook or by like/loving the images.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about products.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,655 posts in 49,519 topics over 153 months by 21,698 of 22,141 members. Latest: carterscott, ohkayiguess, shawnpayne1982