Lease is up soon, will I be okay?

(4 posts)
  1. Damnbugs22

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Mon Mar 12 2018 23:58:31
    #

Login to Send PM

So Saturday March 3rd after my babies 6mo shots we came home took a nap and as I was getting up noticed I had gotten bit by something. It was a red bump that went completely away an hour later. I thought it was a mosquito so I brushed it off. The following night I noticed 2 more bites. One on me one on my baby. Monday night I had one new bite. Then Tuesday I decided to search high and low and found nothing. Frustrated I called a PCO who came Thursday March 8. He confirmed we had a mild infestation. He used bedlam plus and Alpine dust. He instructed us to dry all clean clothes for at least 30 minutes and wash and dry all dirty clothes and the bed sheets. He also said not to vacuum for 10 hours . So far no bites. He will be back next Thursday for a second treatment and is confident we don't even need it, but since our lease is up April 6 he's going to do a second treatment for us. He said I won't have to throw anything out but I already declutered my apartment and plan to keep all clothes in plastic bags since we're moving soon. I've inspected our pictures frames and cleaned them with 91 proof alcohol. I was instructed to wait a week before throwing out the couch. How can I make sure my appliances are safe? Can I just use a steamer on my wood bedframe and crib? Should I throw out my sheets for the move? Will I really be okay to move by April 6 using bedlam plus and Alpine dust??? Should I just buy a metal frame for the move? Please help. I'm really stressed trying to keep my baby safe.

2. Damnbugs22

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Tue Mar 13 2018 1:56:15
    #

Login to Send PM

Anyone?

3. thirdusername

oldtimer

Posted 1 year ago
    Wed Mar 14 2018 0:04:05
    #

Login to Send PM

Your "appliances", fridge and stove?
    Are they near your bed?

Why are you throwing out your couch?

Did your PCO say it is safe to move?

Read the FAQs on this site about steamers.

Just wash your sheets on hot (or just dry them on hot).
    Bag them and don't use dirty ones after you move.

Make/buy some passive monitors.

I am NOT an expert.
    My opinions are just opinions, they may NOT apply to yours or any situation.
    My advice is to always do a LOT of research.
    A lot of what I read contradicts other stuff on the Interweb.
  4. Damnbugs22

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Wed Mar 14 2018 11:36:45
    #

Login to Send PM

I told him we were moving in 4-6 weeks he said it would be fine. I just want to be extra careful. The appliances are in another room. I do have a TV and PlayStation in my room. We had planned on getting a new couch for our new apartment so we went ahead and threw out our old one anyway. The PCO said we didn't need to but could for peace of mind. I've read the FAQ on dryer steamers, but how long should I be steaming and when? Right before the move as in day of?

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,846 posts in 49,561 topics over 153 months by 21,714 of 22,159 members. Latest: Guardian4, bughelpplz, defeatthem45