Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed bug bites, skin, etc.

Latency in reaction of bite

(7 posts)
  1. Gahhh

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Mon Feb 2 2015 0:18:08
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

I was at a family member's home and after being there about three or four hours, I experienced an itchy feeling on the left side of my neck. I looked at it and noticed it was red, and I felt a bump. The swelling of the bump went down, and the redness was gone within 15 minutes or so. In fact, it's hard to identify the bump now. I have had similar experiences in the recent past.

Could this have been a bite I received earlier, and I felt a delayed reaction?

I do have bed bugs in my apartment, but it SEEMS to be a relatively light infestation in that I have only seen bed bugs a few times, and have never found evidence of them when I have looked for it. I received treatment on 1-12, and was supposed to receive treatment on 1-30, but I question whether treatment was done, as white powder was left on the floor the first time, and there was no evidence of it this time.

Anyway, I have worried that I have them in my car, at work, and I only go to the one family member's home because she needs help and companionship, and she is aware of the situation.

Thanks, fellow sufferers in HELL.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
  2. robinsmom

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Mon Feb 2 2015 0:27:44
    #

Login to Send PM

It's 12 hours to 3 days for me, as far as I can be sure. But can anyone really be sure? I've only SEEN them bite me twice. The very worst bitrs I cauggt the bugs immediately. The other times I felt hot, felt funny, but felt and felt nothing in suspected area...which broke out later. Yea, it stinks.

I'm not an expert just a dumb struggling bed bugger like every body else.
  3. theyareoutthere

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Mon Feb 2 2015 6:18:59
    #

Login to Send PM

I believe some of the experts say reactions can be delayed for as long as 3 weeks. Someone may find the link and post it.

They
    Are
    Out
    There
    = TAOT
  4. theyareoutthere

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Mon Feb 2 2015 6:19:13
    #

Login to Send PM

I believe some of the experts say reactions can be delayed for as long as 3 weeks. Someone may find the link and post it.

5. scared_and_uncertain

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Mon Mar 30 2015 18:10:32
    #

Login to Send PM

I'm dealing with something similar. There is a faqs link in another recent topic here. I'm on my phone otherwise I'd link you up.

6. ItsJustABug

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Mon Mar 30 2015 18:26:12
    #

Login to Send PM

7. trinimami

Posted 4 years ago
    Mon Mar 30 2015 19:41:06
    #

Login to Send PM

My daughter had delay reaction few days ago they only last 15 mins than went away I think they was old bites

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

295,940 posts in 49,855 topics over 154 months by 21,816 of 22,282 members. Latest: bobtheworry, Whiskeygirl, bbquest19