Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » General Topics

last night's Verminators

(12 posts)
  1. fightorflight

Posted 11 years ago
    Tue Apr 29 2008 20:40:02
    #

Login to Send PM

Okay well… on to another topic. Last night’s episode of Verminators on the Discovery Channel showed a bedbug infestation so bad it messed up my mental circuits and I don’t know what to think. I have no opinion on the infestation, the treatment or bedbug current affairs. Can you believe it?

2. fightorflight

Posted 11 years ago
    Tue Apr 29 2008 20:47:50
    #

Login to Send PM

Oh alright, one thing. The PCO said he always wanted a job where he could help people, and then something along the lines of, maybe in this job he was helping people. I just wanted to hug him and say, You have no idea!

3. paulaw0919

oldtimer

Posted 11 years ago
    Tue Apr 29 2008 21:52:12
    #

Login to Send PM

OMG. Wow. is all I can say. I wonder if that shot of a bed bug letting out that blood meal was real or not. That fresh blood spot on the bed sheet is what I remember seeing and is what I saw on my son's crib. Did anyone else see spots on their bedding like that during their infestation?

4. fightorflight

Posted 11 years ago
    Tue Apr 29 2008 22:08:04
    #

Login to Send PM

That's a good question, Paula - how do they get all that pest action footage?? CGI, claymation, do they have pest puppets or do they just lie in wait?

5. bugaphobic

Posted 11 years ago
    Wed Apr 30 2008 6:53:19
    #

Login to Send PM

fightorflight-
    Your post made me laugh!! When I read it I kept thinking about the old claymation Christmas movies, like Santa Claus is Coming to Town & Rudolph! (Totally showing my age here) and then seeing something like that with bb's. lol

6. bugaphobic

Posted 11 years ago
    Wed Apr 30 2008 6:55:37
    #

Login to Send PM

By the way....I didn't watch it. If I watch a show about bugs I get the heebie-jeebies, and think something is crawling on me......now we don't want that, right? LOL

7. preston place

newbite

Posted 11 years ago
    Wed Apr 30 2008 20:16:31
    #

Login to Send PM

I don't know about you guys, but I think I'm in love with that man! He actually cared!
    He's much, much more a hero than Superman, besides tights are silly.

"Changing the world one bed bug at a time"

tee hee hee!

8. paulaw0919

oldtimer

Posted 11 years ago
    Wed Apr 30 2008 20:25:11
    #

Login to Send PM

I would have loved him more if I seen him take back the cloth of the back of the box spring instead of spraying through it. That, and I want to know what that can he was using that he said kills bed bug eggs and all. I didn't know there was such a thing. I'm under the impression that pesticides don't kill eggs, thus the reason for numerous treatments.

9. DougSummersMS

oldtimer

Posted 11 years ago
    Wed Apr 30 2008 23:17:17
    #

Login to Send PM

If anyone missed the first two shows or wants to watch them again, The full episodes are available online on the Discover Channel website.

Go to the following link to download the full episode player & watch the shows

http://video.discovery.com/

The second episode called "Rookie Mistakes" features a segment on a bed bug infested apartment.

10. MixedFeelings

Posted 11 years ago
    Thu May 1 2008 11:07:30
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks for the link, Doug.

For those who are interested, the BB segment is around the middle of the video.

BTW, there is no way 1 treatment solved that super heavy infestation!!

For the record, I noticed the PCO used "Konk" and "Cykick". And possibly others not shown.

MF

11. angie

Posted 11 years ago
    Thu May 1 2008 11:44:24
    #

Login to Send PM

I just watched that new episode and was appalled by the amount of chemical they sprayed on the beds. OMG!!! Why did they spray so much on that bed, not the bug itself cuz that was for dramatic effect but the seams of the mattress was soaked. I thought that you were not supposed to soak the mattresses? I may be wrong but that would make me sick! That was a really bad infestation and I am also surprised that the techs were doing the prep? Mine never did. But I cannot believe that it was allowed to go that long before them tenants reported it. This show gave me the creepy-crawlies and brought back some really unwelcome feelings. BUT...I still watched it all! Leave it to the obsessive to watch! Even though I believe we have beat our bugs, I still am interested in the advancements in "cocktails".

12. buggy

newbite

Posted 11 years ago
    Fri May 9 2008 12:47:09
    #

Login to Send PM

I watched that too. I thought the BBs were in an apartment, but they didn't mention treating ajoining apts, or returning for future treatments of such an extensive infestation. But he was spot on when he talked about the phsycological anguish caused by BBs. The rest of the show was interesting too. Lots of icky pests.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,274 posts in 50,155 topics over 155 months by 21,924 of 22,420 members. Latest: duracell, Parawail, Quiltergirl