Larvae stage = worms, or little nymphs?

(5 posts)
  1. 123bugs

Posted 9 years ago
    Sun Sep 26 2010 12:30:40
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi -
    I thought, from the lifecycle pictures , that bedbugs hatch from an egg as tiny, clear, nymphs - ie bugs. Is this incorrect?

This week saw a news report on tv with people with bedbugs in their apartment, and they showed the live bugs they had caught, as well as worm-like larvae that they said were re bedbugs. Do bedbugs go through a worm-like larvae stage?

I have had little potato or carpet beetles in my house the odd time (not really sure what they are but never have many), and they start out as little wormy things. Do bedbugs as well?

2. spideyjg

oldtimer

Posted 9 years ago
    Sun Sep 26 2010 12:35:45
    #

Login to Send PM

The life cycle chart is right. BBs hatch as 1mm translucent versions of the adults. OK they do have a drastic color change before adult.

No wormy larvae stage.

Jim

3. 123bugs

Posted 9 years ago
    Sun Sep 26 2010 12:45:17
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks Jim!
    I sure did a double-take when I saw that on the news!
    Appreciate the quick response.

4. Dismayed

newbite

Posted 9 years ago
    Sun Oct 24 2010 17:10:38
    #

Login to Send PM

Where can I see the pictures? I'm seeing LOTS of beige, gel-like things. Some look like miniature bed bugs. Some look like just lumps, roundish or oblong. Eggs? Newly hatched bugs? The ones shaped like bugs squish easily. The oblong lumps are more gel-like. None of them are moving around. They are in the carpeting where it meets the baseboards. Also, I'm seeing them everywhere my cat goes. He seems to be carrying them around and dropping them all over. What to do? I spent $1800 to have a professional heat-treat my home. So are these things dead?

5. socraticlogic

newbite

Posted 9 years ago
    Sun Oct 24 2010 21:17:25
    #

Login to Send PM

@Dismayed: I think that this would be a good place to check out. I think some new pictures have been recently posted.

http://bedbugger.com/photos-of-bed-bugs-and-signs-of-bed-bugs/

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,196 posts in 50,137 topics over 155 months by 21,918 of 22,413 members. Latest: Peachyy92, Bigworm, Cain69