Landlord's PCO is not professional and will not provide report or business card

(3 posts)
  1. Nycnightmare

newbite

Posted 6 days ago
    Wed Aug 8 2018 18:43:12
    #

Login to Send PM

My husband I moved into an apartment we found in Astoria at the beginning of July. We moved from California and brought only 3 suitcases with us and started buying everything new here. We found this apartment through an agent and we were not provided any disclosure about the bed bugs( we didn't know it was the law). 2 weeks into our move, my husband started having itchy hives like bumps on his arms and legs. My husband is having a very difficult time at his new job. He needs to look presentable and trying to hide these bite marks, itch like crazy and try to show performance while serving in an upscale restaurant is not easy. He is also in his grace period and his insurance has not kicked in yet. We thought it was stress and the heatwave related, but one night we spotted a BB on our bedframe. I have been suffering from chronic hives for years now and so I have hives and itchy reactions every day. It's hard to tell if I react to these bites. We informed our landlord and he sent his PCO the next day. Next day our landlord came in with his PCO and told us this never happened before, but the person living above us didn't let anyone in for years and when they finally kicked him they saw a horrible scene. He said he is ready to pay as many treatments as it will take. The PCO did a very bad job of inspecting. he didn't even look into the closet and wardrobe, saying it was not necessary. He only sprayed the parameters with an unknown chemical he said was really good. The same night my husband had more bites on the bed the PCO said was clean. We called him and were told to wait a few days. Bites didn't stop. I caught one crawling on my shirt when I was typing something on our sofa in our living room. We called the landlord and he scheduled another treatment. When we asked if the PCO is qualified enough to do this job and his full business name, address and a copy of his first inspection and treatment we were told ask the PCO when he comes. Our search about his so called company name and mobile number stuck on a printed paper by the mailboxes showed no results and we filed a complaint with 311 and still waiting to hear from them. The so called PCO came this morning in his shorts and tank top and 2 cans of Bedlam plus and spayed some furniture and parameters and wiped with a paper towel ( really Professional !). He did nothing to the closet and wardrobe, saying they just don't go into those unless there are hundreds of them. This guy also told us he spent 4 hours yesterday, at the apartment below us ( one bedroom apartment !) When my husband asked for his business card he said he didn't have one with him... 30 minutes later our landlord knocked on door with a cheap vinyl mattress disposal cover and told us to put it on our mattress. We paid a tones of money for this mattress and it already has a cover ( we closed the zipper part with duck tape). We also steam it with a steamer.
    We can't use our new furniture at peace and some items we bought are still in their packages and we can't buy some other things we were planning to buy.
    We really don't know what to do but to try and get an attorney. Do landlords have to get a licensed PCO or can they try and treat themselves or use just random PCO who has no idea what they are doing?
    Any help and advice would be very appreciated
    thank you

2. loubugs

old timer

Posted 5 days ago
    Thu Aug 9 2018 4:26:58
    #

Login to Send PM

Required in NY state to have professional PCO.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.
  3. Nycnightmare

newbite

Posted 5 days ago
    Thu Aug 9 2018 12:46:45
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

277,541 posts in 45,811 topics over 139 months by 20,174 of 20,973 members. Latest: busbugs, jklyczek, Thisguy97