Landlord Suspicious why I'm... [expert ID needed]

(7 posts)
  1. BugKilla

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Sun Mar 6 2016 1:25:09
    #

Login to Send PM

.. the only one reporting bed bugs in the building. I found one on the first floor 5 months ago high up on the wall by the elevator (but they never found anything), and I reported one this morning on my baseboard (On the third floor) that I found which shares the hallway near the elevator and the baseboards are totally not sealed if something wanted to come in from the hallway.

I searched my room top to bottom and only found the one bed bug and he's a 3rd or 4th stage nymph and I only ever had one bite which was probably from him.

There is absolutely nothing on my mattress which is double encased and I even checked to make sure there were no holes but the case is still sealed. The landlady is gonna get a dog in to smell but I'm not confident in that since there are dogs who have missed them sometimes.

Do these sound like hitchhikers or does it sound like people in the building aren't fessing up? Because this building is only about a year old with most of them still the same tenants. Why am I the only one noticing them? Do people maybe think they're beetles so they don't say anything?? Augh.

2. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 2 years ago
    Sun Mar 6 2016 2:49:40
    #

Login to Send PM

It may be that a neighbor has them and is afraid to report it, doesn't care, or doesn't recognize the issue.

Has your ID been verified by an expert? If not, you can post a photo for ID.

Did you save the samples?

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  3. BugKilla

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Sun Mar 6 2016 3:02:09
    #

Login to Send PM

That's what I'm thinking... this building is full of people who break the rule all the time or something happens and they don't say anything until it's too late. Sorry if the image is too small I can reupload it bigger.

I'm 99% sure it's a bed bug, I had them almost 3 years ago at my first apartment but I've been bb free since then because the place I moved into had them. I caught this guy and put him in a ziploc bag.

4. BugKilla

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Sun Mar 6 2016 3:03:44
    #

Login to Send PM

It has the flat semi transparent thorax where you can see it's organs as well.

5. BugKilla

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Sun Mar 6 2016 3:07:42
    #

Login to Send PM

6. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 2 years ago
    Sun Mar 6 2016 3:16:07
    #

Login to Send PM

I am not an expert, so wait for one to confirm, but it looks like you're right.

If you are in Vancouver (per your profile), then it sounds like the landlord is responsible for professional treatment.

See BC landlord/tenant resource. Vancouver Coastal Health has some good info. for tenants and landlords also.

7. BugKilla

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Sun Mar 6 2016 3:26:24
    #

Login to Send PM

Ye she's bringing the dog sniffer in which I'm disappointed with since that doesn't actually kill anything that may have been missed. Instead of doing "Here let's treat the room" if the dog doesn't pick up anything they're gonna just shrug it off, especially if the dog's owner doesn't inspect any surrounding suites. (Thank you for the tenancy links)

Like I said I just saw the one and I even have my mattress propped against the wall which I'm leaning on and so far nothing's dropped on my head lol The mattress case is sealed, I checked the zipper lining and the zipper end which is covered in strong velcro that hasn't budged in a year. Everything is tight tight but I sprayed it down with a mix of water, rubbing alcohol, and dishsoap.

Right now just garbage bagged dryer treated clothes, my mattress, and the blanket I'm using to camp out on the floor with.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

274,686 posts in 45,068 topics over 137 months by 19,788 of 20,523 members. Latest: Starsky30, Sayitaintso99, bid