Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Tales of Bed Bug Woe

Landlord refusal after PCO checked ( live bugs trapped)

(6 posts)
  1. Slythr

newbite

Posted 3 weeks ago
    Mon Oct 29 2018 18:57:50
    #

Login to Send PM

Hello, I'm in a situation I;ve been battling bedbugs in my unit for about a month now, and knew I was getting bitten by them even though I was finding no evidence eg. blood stains fecal matter etc. I informed my landlord which he had his PCO come in and inspect and said I had nothing because he couldn't find any visible evidence.

I exclaimed that I had seen live ones but due to the dark carpet i have I could never get to the in time when they were on my baseboards. My landlord left it at that thinking that I had nothing and I continued to get eaten alive in my apartment. I ended up hiring my own PCO to treat my unit and he did which was about 3 weeks ago even though he also said I had nothing because he couldn't find any evidence but I showed the bites and he treated my place. I invested in bedbug beacons and some passive monitors which has caught stage 2 bedbugs.

After finally being able to get a couple bedbugs I contacted my landlord and informed him that I had some, but he informed me that it was now between me and my PCO I used and that pretty much wasn't his issue and what the PCO I used did was illegal because when he spoke to my PCO he said that he couldn't find anything but my place was treated anyways as a precaution which my landlord exclaimed was illegal apparently..is this true?

So I'm apparently on my own with this now because I chose to get my own PCO because he wouldn't take his tenant get bitten by bedbugs and what my PCO did being illegal apparently is now being held over my head?

Any advice on this situation? Did I make the wrong decision? I really don't know what to do now..my PCO is coming back for a second treatment but I'm not sure where to go from here any advice would be appreciated.

2. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 3 weeks ago
    Mon Oct 29 2018 19:51:20
    #

Login to Send PM

The PCO should not have treated without positively IDing the target. Post up some images so that book lice can be ruled out. Finding activity in the carpet but nothing on your bed makes me think it may not be bed bugs.

Without a sample your landlord is correct, your place should not have been treated, nor is he obligated to treat without any physical evidence.

3. Slythr

newbite

Posted 3 weeks ago
    Mon Oct 29 2018 20:28:05
    #

Login to Send PM

I have photos of both the bites I have been getting and of the bugs I've caught..I'm just not sure how to upload them, how do I do so?

I wasn't sure about if my landlord was right or not, but I thought bites alone and being able to see them in my unit though not being able to get a live one at the time was good enough.

4. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 3 weeks ago
    Mon Oct 29 2018 20:56:12
    #

Login to Send PM

Upload them to a host site and post a link. Make sure it's not set to "private."

5. Slythr

newbite

Posted 3 weeks ago
    Mon Oct 29 2018 21:26:03
    #

Login to Send PM

I hope that works. I uploaded a few of the bites I have been getting as well as the bugs I have caught. The one in the white like dish was caught tonight using the bedbug beacon co2 trap.

6. anonabug

newbite

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Sat Nov 3 2018 10:10:06
    #

Login to Send PM

You're clearly having an allergic reaction to some kind of bite. I cannot enlarge the bug pix enough to get a look at what the insect is. Can you post a few greatly enlarged closeups of the bugs?

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

281,578 posts in 46,826 topics over 143 months by 20,660 of 21,557 members. Latest: Dread Bugs, gbbedbug, BuggedOUTinOH