Landlord likely won't treat, need advice on self treatment with Cimexa

(4 posts)
  1. Kak7127

newbite

Posted 2 months ago
    Mon Sep 2 2019 17:16:21
    #

Login to Send PM

Kind of long, sorry! My partner and I just moved on Friday. No previous experiences with bed bugs (I thought I had them 4 years ago, but I threw out all my stuff and moved apartments and had had no issues since). I became extremely depressed and anxious during that experience though; safe to say it was the worst few weeks of my life. Towards the end of our move Friday, we saw a live bed bug in our rented moving truck. I freaked the heck out, basically had a panic attack, crying, etc. But all of our stuff was already in the truck. We continued the move and I inspected everything as closely as I could before bringing it into the apartment, and while unpacking so we could swiftly throw out the boxes if they were hiding in them. Nothing suspicious happened until the next night when I saw a dead one on the carpet of our bedroom near the wall. It looked like it had been dead for a little while, as it was a bit dried up and didn't appear to have legs, just a top, but head/eyes still in tact (did not look like a shell/shed skin though). It was confirmed a bed bug by Mawiwala; the pic can be seen in my last post.

Anyway, I saved the bug and brought it to the apartment manager who said it did look like a bed bug but that they had to wait for an exterminator to be available which wouldn't be until Tuesday (tomorrow) with the holiday weekend, for him to inspect. She said they would likely not treat for bed bugs if the only evidence I had was the dead one. So I am probably going to have to treat myself (though I am waiting for the exterminator to inspect tomorrow...don't think he will find anything new since they just got in the apartment and there may not even be any more). In the mean time, we have isolated the bed so I can sleep and we are washing/drying clothes on hot and putting them in sealed bags. Some things that have already been in place such as shelves, tv stand, coffee table, books, couch, we are leaving untouched for now since I know that we need to draw the bugs out of items if there are any there. Please let me know if this is the wrong way to do things. We also wanted interceptors for the couch, but it has very wide legs and I can't seem to find any that will fit. I don't want to drive bugs to the couch, but not sure what else to do before I can treat.

After reading reviews, I have bought Bedlam Plus which should arrive tomorrow and Cimexa, which will not arrive until Friday MAYBE (in NC so we are waiting on this hurricane). Does anyone have experience treating with these two products together and if so, what steps did you take? Would you suggest something different? I have a basic game plan ready, but would love other opinions, as I want to prevent an infestation from building. If anyone can also offer any advice on anxiety/depression, please do (I will check out the psychological forum too).

THANK YOU!

2. Kak7127

newbite

Posted 2 months ago
    Tue Sep 3 2019 19:23:26
    #

Login to Send PM

Please help! I am having mental breakdowns multiple times a day over this. I need some reassurance.

3. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 2 months ago
    Tue Sep 3 2019 19:37:18
    #

Login to Send PM

You're letting fear cloud your mind. A dead bed bug out in the open does not make an infestation. See what the pco finds and go from there. Isolating furniture at this point is counterproductive and could prolong things.
    In the end they are just insects, and there are plenty of qualified people you can turn to so that you don't discard your belongings a second time. I would strongly suggest monitoring only at this point, letting loose with the chemicals before you know what you're up against will most likely do no good.

4. Kak7127

newbite

Posted 2 months ago
    Tue Sep 3 2019 20:29:18
    #

Login to Send PM

BigDummy - 49 minutes ago  » 
    You're letting fear cloud your mind. A dead bed bug out in the open does not make an infestation. See what the pco finds and go from there. Isolating furniture at this point is counterproductive and could prolong things.
    In the end they are just insects, and there are plenty of qualified people you can turn to so that you don't discard your belongings a second time. I would strongly suggest monitoring only at this point, letting loose with the chemicals before you know what you're up against will most likely do no good.

Thank you. I’m sure there is no infestation now, I just have this feeling of impending doom that we will end up with an infestation if I don’t take steps now. It’s just really scary not knowing if we did or didn’t bring in any live ones. I saw my therapist about it today and will continue to see her and monitor. Thanks again for the reply.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

296,768 posts in 50,035 topics over 155 months by 21,875 of 22,358 members. Latest: weluckyfew201, questioning_bugger, Mikayah