Killing Bugs with Heat

(17 posts)
  1. spideyjg

oldtimer

Posted 9 years ago
    Sun Nov 15 2009 14:49:40
    #

Login to Send PM

Dude! Thermal isn't a DIY treatment. based on your site you should know that.

Jim

2. buggyinsocal

oldtimer

Posted 9 years ago
    Sun Nov 15 2009 14:50:39
    #

Login to Send PM

Pestheat,

Have you read the site's guidelines for professionals in the industry? The ones located over here:

http://bedbugger.com/forum/topic/warning-bed-bug-professionals-please-read-this

Because my feeling after reading your post is that you either did not read them or you chose to ignore them.

Regular readers here know I'm a big fan of thermal remediation, having successfully gotten rid of my bed bugs by hiring a PCO to use it to treat my apartment (okay, technically, my landlord hired them and split the cost with me, but you get the idea.). However, much as I'm a fan of thermal, I am also quite clear that using thermal to heat a structure in a way that would kill bed bugs is as much art as science, and nothing on that website looks like it would provide the full service treatment that my apartment went through for substantially less money than you're asking for those heaters.

Moreover, I note that in your website's own disclaimer, you note:

Our Direct Heaters are Portable Heaters. They Are Meant to Be Used for Heat. It Has Been Reported They Work Great In the Pest Heat Industry. We make no claims out direct heaters will kill bugs.

If you want to reach the pest control pros here to market the devices to them, I suggest you edit the subject line to make that clear. They will likely be happy to engage in a lively discussion about the merits of these particular heaters.

If you are seriously marketing these devices to people with bed bugs who are often desperate and sleep deprived, I would respectfully request that you take your snake oil elsewhere, as people here don't take kindly to people who market products that are expensive, inefficient, and dangerous, which is exactly what trying to self-treat with these heaters would be.

3. watkinsnewan

Posted 9 years ago
    Sun Nov 15 2009 16:29:55
    #

Login to Send PM

you MUST HAVE some connection with the company....

4. watkinsnewan

Posted 9 years ago
    Sun Nov 15 2009 16:33:58
    #

Login to Send PM

FOUR PLUGS.. Where would you plug it in at .. in the home..Is the plastic cord heat resistant or is it going to melt...

5. watkinsnewan

Posted 9 years ago
    Sun Nov 15 2009 16:44:05
    #

Login to Send PM

You only posted two hours ago on A Sunday night I add.. And you never answered my question.. The whole reason for the forum.. For all to weigh in on The host of the site has not even weighed in on it yet..

6. watkinsnewan

Posted 9 years ago
    Sun Nov 15 2009 17:39:12
    #

Login to Send PM

buggyinsocal - 2 hours ago  » 
    people here don't take kindly to people who market products that are expensive, inefficient, and dangerous, which is exactly what trying to self-treat with these heaters would be.

Well What do you have to say about this?.....
    You have to remember that you are posting in this PUBLIC forum there are going to be the Educated one (not me) and the uneducated ones (ME) that are here looking at these post..
    Also another question When I see the Heat treatments taking place they are using A whole different set up.. I thought that you have to HEAT the WHOLE home you can only heat one room for that price you are charging unless I read the site wrong and you get more than one heater for that price.. which by the way is way pricey for my taste..
    Also what about Mold I know Heat kills mold too.. any comment..

7. watkinsnewan

Posted 9 years ago
    Sun Nov 15 2009 17:48:48
    #

Login to Send PM

The Website is posted above you don't have to keep posting it..

8. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 9 years ago
    Sun Nov 15 2009 18:29:19
    #

Login to Send PM

Spam removed.

Note to pestheat: this is a site for people suffering from bed bugs. While some professionals do take part, there are not that many of them and few are likely to be in the market for thermal heaters in the $2000-3000 range.

Furthermore, as others have tried to communicate to you, some users of this site may be thinking they can do their own thermal treatment, which as you seem to agree is not a good idea and is not safe or likely to work.

Please read the site's terms and conditions of use, and do not spam us with ads for products.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  9. pestheat

newbite

Posted 9 years ago
    Sun Nov 15 2009 18:32:02
    #

Login to Send PM

I was right. You don't want a product that works. This product is marketed to the professional pest industry only, not to the people as you put it to people to self treat. You say the Eliminator-Pest is expensive. That statement says it all, you have not priced Pest Heaters. You asked for information about the Eliminator-Pest. I answered your question and what I get back is nothing more than basically calling me a crook. I should have never answered you question. Heat is a big part of the pest industry and with the bed bug problem on the rise heat is a safe alterative to chemicals in killing bed bugs. It is Safe alternative to chemicals!!!!!

10. KillerQueen

oldtimer

Posted 9 years ago
    Sun Nov 15 2009 18:34:22
    #

Login to Send PM

pestheat - 1 minute ago  » 
    It is Safe alternative to chemicals!!!!!

Until You drop the heater on your foot.

11. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 9 years ago
    Sun Nov 15 2009 18:42:53
    #

Login to Send PM

pestheat - 9 minutes ago  » 
    I was right. You don't want a product that works. This product is marketed to the professional pest industry only, not to the people as you put it to people to self treat. You say the Eliminator-Pest is expensive. That statement says it all, you have not priced Pest Heaters. You asked for information about the Eliminator-Pest. I answered your question and what I get back is nothing more than basically calling me a crook. I should have never answered you question. Heat is a big part of the pest industry and with the bed bug problem on the rise heat is a safe alterative to chemicals in killing bed bugs. It is Safe alternative to chemicals!!!!!

pestheat,

I deleted this and your other 8 posts.

Then you ignored my response and re-posted this.

Seriously, read my post above yours, and heed it.

You need to listen. MOST of the people here are not professionals, therefore, you are barking up the wrong tree.

Read the terms of site use, also.

Or go away forever!

12. spideyjg

oldtimer

Posted 9 years ago
    Sun Nov 15 2009 19:08:35
    #

Login to Send PM

Dude,

Obviously as a maker of heaters used by the thermal providers your knowledge of the thermal process can be helpful around here.

Lemme ask you this, is there anyone to the best of your knowledge using something akin to your pallet system to do thermal chamber treatments?

Vikane is about the only chamber treatment for folks on the move.

Jim

13. btaggart

Posted 9 years ago
    Sun Nov 15 2009 20:28:17
    #

Login to Send PM

spideyjg

there are companies that do thermal treatments for moving trucks and containers. it is a great option for people who are moving and trying not to bring bugs with them as well as people who are buying furniture and want to make sure they are not bringing home any bugs.

14. pestheat

newbite

Posted 9 years ago
    Sun Nov 15 2009 20:54:40
    #

Login to Send PM

spideyjg - 1 hour ago  » 
    Dude,
    Obviously as a maker of heaters used by the thermal providers your knowledge of the thermal process can be helpful around here.
    Lemme ask you this, is there anyone to the best of your knowledge using something akin to your pallet system to do thermal chamber treatments?
    Vikane is about the only chamber treatment for folks on the move.
    Jim

I could help with more information, but I have been asked to go away forever!

15. cilecto

oldtimer

Posted 9 years ago
    Sun Nov 15 2009 21:03:09
    #

Login to Send PM

The original poster's web site is in his profile. Just visited the site and its various sisters. It is interesting to know what variety of equipment is out there for heating and drying. But the best part of the sites are the "stunning" late-20th-century web design!

Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night...
    - Psalms 91:5-7

(Not an pro)
  16. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 9 years ago
    Sun Nov 15 2009 21:43:21
    #

Login to Send PM

pestheat - 44 minutes ago  » 
    I could help with more information, but I have been asked to go away forever!

pestheat,

With respect, you are not reading my posts carefully.

I said

Please read the site's terms and conditions of use, and do not spam us with ads for products.

and then I said,

Seriously, read my post above yours, and heed it.

You need to listen. MOST of the people here are not professionals, therefore, you are barking up the wrong tree.

Read the terms of site use, also.

Or go away forever!

The key word being "or."

You are welcome to participate in a thoughtful discussion of what your product can do, and to answer questions.

17. watkinsnewan

Posted 9 years ago
    Sun Nov 15 2009 22:10:59
    #

Login to Send PM

I saw the OR ... and if I saw it you should of too. dont you see that is the host of the site.. Kinda like MAMA bear...you better follow her rules.. or you are outa here .. and start answering questions about it.. And STOP wearing your heart on your sleeve.. ..... There are a lot of ppl waiting for answers... Like me... an many others.. IM still waiting...
    KQ---hahaha... they do look heavy.....it would hurt...maybe even break a toe.. then you would have an ER bill on top of the cost...

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

295,692 posts in 49,781 topics over 154 months by 21,790 of 22,255 members. Latest: bedbugsonthebrain, Worried-bedbugger, Smacker82