#

Login to Send PM

2. hoo2677

Posted 10 years ago
    Wed Mar 4 2009 1:19:00
    #

Login to Send PM

GROSS!

since we are looking at magnified images. The first few, are those screw holes? Those little round holes you found em in, Mr. Killer, Sir.

3. red-magic

newbite

Posted 10 years ago
    Wed Mar 4 2009 1:26:22
    #

Login to Send PM

LOL wooooooooow man :(:(:(

4. bedbugdude

Posted 10 years ago
    Wed Mar 4 2009 8:25:47
    #

Login to Send PM

Nice pics Killer.*cough* windows movie maker *cough*

5. losingit

Posted 10 years ago
    Wed Mar 4 2009 9:06:04
    #

Login to Send PM

KQ, what's the roundish white/beige particle?

6. KillerQueen

oldtimer

Posted 10 years ago
    Wed Mar 4 2009 9:44:34
    #

Login to Send PM

hoo2677 - 8 hours ago  » 
    GROSS!
    since we are looking at magnified images. The first few, are those screw holes? Those little round holes you found em in, Mr. Killer, Sir.

Yes they were screw holes from the bed frame.

7. KillerQueen

oldtimer

Posted 10 years ago
    Wed Mar 4 2009 9:51:17
    #

Login to Send PM

losingit - 39 minutes ago  » 

Nothing special, just organic debris
    Thanks bedbugdude!
    I'm still have to read up on the camera. I have an extension tube that I want to use, it will make the close up shot twice as big. The problem is I know nothing about all the settings, ISO, depth of field .. all that good stuff.

And when you shoot with macro lenses you should be using a tripod.. And even if possible a remote switch for the shutter. I have them but the tri-pod I have is a bit too big to lug around with everything else. I may pick up a small one today & also figure out how to program the remote. Not enough time in the day to become a photo geek =)

8. spideyjg

oldtimer

Posted 10 years ago
    Wed Mar 4 2009 12:29:56
    #

Login to Send PM

KillerQueen - 2 hours ago  » 

Thanks bedbugdude!

And when you shoot with macro lenses you should be using a tripod.. And even if possible a remote switch for the shutter. I have them but the tri-pod I have is a bit too big to lug around with everything else. I may pick up a small one today & also figure out how to program the remote. Not enough time in the day to become a photo geek =)

Forget the remote switch, use the self timer on a tripod instead.

Heck for not being a photo geek you are doing awesome!

Jim

9. paulaw0919

oldtimer

Posted 10 years ago
    Wed Mar 4 2009 12:55:27
    #

Login to Send PM

Nice work KQ. I noticed how the eggs are about the same size as the letter "I" in "In God we Trust." in the shot with the dime for size comparison. Also notice the feces is also about the same size as the eggs but round. Small poop.
    And people wonder why some one who went through an infestation never looks at a little dirt or dust on the floor molding the same way again.

10. bedbugdude

Posted 10 years ago
    Wed Mar 4 2009 14:09:22
    #

Login to Send PM

KillerQueen - 4 hours ago  » 

Thanks bedbugdude!
    I'm still have to read up on the camera. I have an extension tube that I want to use, it will make the close up shot twice as big. The problem is I know nothing about all the settings, ISO, depth of field .. all that good stuff.

Yeah getting used to a new camera takes time specially when you have a super duper one like yours. Hey I got a really nice tripod for like $22.00 at CVS lol. It's got folding legs and weighs nothing. Pretty sturdy too. And man, if you put down the cash for the optical tube lense your going to get some killer pictures. Keep posting so we can see you develpoe your camera skillz n stuff

11. spideyjg

oldtimer

Posted 10 years ago
    Thu Mar 5 2009 0:02:10
    #

Login to Send PM

Screw pics like that are why I took these....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v186/spideyjg/BBs/Cams004.jpg

And did this.....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v186/spideyjg/BBs/Cams002.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v186/spideyjg/BBs/Cams003.jpg

Little beeches will find no harborage there and even if they could get below, there is DE under all that.

Jim

12. OutOutDarnBugs

Posted 10 years ago
    Thu Mar 5 2009 7:13:05
    #

Login to Send PM

spideyjg - 7 hours ago  » 

Screw pics like that are why I took these....
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v186/spideyjg/BBs/Cams004.jpg
    And did this.....
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v186/spideyjg/BBs/Cams002.jpg
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v186/spideyjg/BBs/Cams003.jpg
    Little beeches will find no harborage there and even if they could get below, there is DE under all that.
    Jim

Jim, what did you cover those with? I'm currently caulking all of mine with clear caulk, just as extra protection. I don't want to give them any new places to hide!

13. spideyjg

oldtimer

Posted 10 years ago
    Thu Mar 5 2009 9:23:51
    #

Login to Send PM

That is DAP Dynaflex 230 in the proper color. I put a dab on it then using a flexible caulking smoother I mooshed it into the thing then removed the excess.

Down in the Weapons Ideas section I detailed all the BB resistant furniture assembly things I did.

Jim

14. KillerQueen

oldtimer

Posted 10 years ago
    Thu Mar 5 2009 11:55:50
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks Jim, Paula, BedBugdude,
    Why would the timer vs the remote be better?
    I'm very anal .... I'll get much better shots soon.

15. spideyjg

oldtimer

Posted 10 years ago
    Thu Mar 5 2009 12:27:15
    #

Login to Send PM

KillerQueen - 27 minutes ago  » 
    Thanks Jim, Paula, BedBugdude,
    Why would the timer vs the remote be better?
    I'm very anal .... I'll get much better shots soon.

Getting away with the self timer allows long exposures for greater detail without having to buy an extra gadget.

Focus, frame it, set the timer, step back.

I'm a cheapskate and never bought the remote for any camera and just used the timer instead.

Jim

16. KillerQueen

oldtimer

Posted 10 years ago
    Thu Mar 5 2009 13:05:37
    #

Login to Send PM

Ahh thanks Jim,
    This thing is like trying to learn how to man the space shuttle. I have macro lenses, extension tubes,3 other types of lenses, flash ring light.. blah blah blah lol.

Killing the bugs is easier for me then taking pictures of them. lol I bought three books to read on photography and a DVD .. I'll get it .. just not enough time in the day. I'm tired

17. spideyjg

oldtimer

Posted 10 years ago
    Thu Mar 5 2009 15:22:16
    #

Login to Send PM

KQ, oftentimes just use the automatic modes. Figuring shutter speed, ISO, and aperture settings for a shot will give you brain tumors.

I used to shoot 35mm and occasionally on my digital I will go manual but 90% of the time automatic cuts it.

What kinda camera did you get anyhow? Your shots above are excellent as is.

For greatest detail use ISO 100 or 200 on a tripod, no flash, with long exposure on stationary objects.

Did that here with a flashlight down on the lower left for illumination. These are 8/32 screws shown.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v186/spideyjg/Tech/Screws.jpg

Jim

18. KillerQueen

oldtimer

Posted 10 years ago
    Fri Mar 6 2009 20:50:51
    #

Login to Send PM

I bought an Olympus E-3 I also bought a 300mm lens, 50mm Macro lens, and a bunch of other junk. I have to use manual focus in order to use the extension tube. It will not auto focus with it on. From what I read they say the ring light is the way to go for macro shots... I have it but don't know how to use that yet either.

I just touched up the original pics in this thread. I also put my business tags on the pictures as I'm sure others will use them for their sites without permission.

19. dottie

Posted 10 years ago
    Fri Mar 6 2009 21:04:33
    #

Login to Send PM

Boot A Pest!

20. BugBoy911

Posted 10 years ago
    Tue Mar 24 2009 17:05:03
    #

Login to Send PM

YAAAAWWWWWNNNN!!! Can't wait to take a nap hahahaha... I can't wait to get a digi camera...!! Sick!

21. KillerQueen

oldtimer

Posted 8 years ago
    Sun Oct 17 2010 0:41:51
    #

Login to Send PM

22. loubugs

old timer

Posted 8 years ago
    Sun Oct 17 2010 1:15:05
    #

Login to Send PM

I normally use manual focus because the automatic mode sometimes can't really focus on small objects, although I've tried other cameras and the newest ones do a great job. The built-in flash might not function in macro mode on those small flat cameras - the one I use has a built-in pop-up version, but a Konica Minolta that is no longer produced. Has a manual zoom lens and automatic or manual settings for the focus. Sometimes use a remote button to take the picture; this way you can use the shutter speed to capture it if the bug is moving. Long exposure good, but not good (obviously) if bed bug is doing something or is crawling around too much.
    Next camera will be a digital SLR, probably a Canon with special macro lenses and flashes.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.
  23. KillerQueen

oldtimer

Posted 8 years ago
    Sun Oct 17 2010 1:24:52
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi Lou,

I have a DSLR with all the bells for macro shooting. I have a macro lens already with a tube of some kind to magnify the image even more. I have a flash ring with a controller that goes on the front of the lens that will take perfect pics without shadows. Its a sick setup, I just have to figure out how to use it correctly w/ no time to put in. I just ordered a smaller tripod because all these shots are from holding the camera and the one I have is to large for field work.

I also just picked up a HD camcorder so im going to be filming feeds and other fun stuff. I have some macro things to go along with that .. so I should be getting some good film footage soon. I couldn't really get to into the camera thing today because I was in a heavy infestation and I had bugs finding there way on me while I was trying to work. My client who had an inspection didn't mind me canceling today after we spoke about that. =)

24. nycyn

Posted 8 years ago
    Sun Oct 17 2010 1:41:49
    #

Login to Send PM

Lou, whatever you are doing other, than showing your age with the SLR (single lens reflex) lingo, you are doing it very, very well. I saw that in that infested bed and headboard pics you took.

25. thosedamnbugs

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Mon Oct 18 2010 23:51:29
    #

Login to Send PM

KQ- those photos look great. If you need a quick lesson on manual settings, let me know and I'd be happy to help. Doesn't look like you do though! Hope you guys got to use that gc!! And I'm afraid to even type it but we are 4wks + 4days past last treatment and still looking bb free. Thanks again for all your help with that!! Especially for the psychological councelling.

26. scaredsilly

Posted 8 years ago
    Sat Oct 23 2010 10:18:22
    #

Login to Send PM

Fantastic photos. Thanks for sharing! Helpful for folks trying to figure out what bugs they have and helpful hints for where to find.

27. nycyn

Posted 8 years ago
    Sat Oct 23 2010 16:53:18
    #

Login to Send PM

KQ: You going for that 1890 bed bug potion bottle with label on ebay?

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,748 posts in 49,541 topics over 153 months by 21,704 of 22,148 members. Latest: germanhippie, Sportbb42, Katieaus