Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed bug pest control firms (PCOs), Bed bug k9s, etc.

KILLERQUEEN, the answer to my prayers!

(85 posts)
  1. Newbeebugger

newbite

Posted 10 years ago
    Wed Oct 29 2008 21:53:28
    #

Login to Send PM

Hey KQ..we all know how busy you are! Even Superman needs to sleep you know. Peace Bro.!

2. KillerQueen

oldtimer

Posted 10 years ago
    Wed Oct 29 2008 22:25:41
    #

Login to Send PM

Yeah it's getting a little crazy over here ..... I have done like 8 bed bug treatments in the last 6 days. Not to mention my regular accounts. Up at 4:30AM today (after 4 hours or sleep) hit the road at 5:15AM got home at 9:00 PM ... I'll be up at 5AM to do it all over again! Only working till 10PM tomorrow =)

3. bugbait

newbite

Posted 10 years ago
    Wed Oct 29 2008 22:47:15
    #

Login to Send PM

Killer Queen...clearly you need to be cloned! You could start a Bedbug University and offer Kill Bedbugs Forever 101. Please send a clone or graduate to Cincinnati! We need help!
    Thanks, also, for the fun thread. It is great to laugh!

4. kipi51

newbite

Posted 10 years ago
    Thu Oct 30 2008 9:17:15
    #

Login to Send PM

Help me KillerQueen!

I'm from NYC. Well, I just noticed a bug crawling up my arm while I was lying in bed working on my laptop. But this was not under a covering, it was out in the open. I'm not sure if it was a bedbug. And I'm not sure if I've been bitten before. Yes, sometimes I have some red marks on my body, but that's always happened anywhere I've lived. I really need to talk to KillerQueen. Does anyone have any contact information for him?

5. bitten123

Posted 10 years ago
    Thu Oct 30 2008 9:25:28
    #

Login to Send PM

kipi, just pm him. To private message him you go to private messages, type in KillerQueen and then you can PM him and he will contact you.

6. kipi51

newbite

Posted 10 years ago
    Thu Oct 30 2008 9:32:11
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks, bitten123 !

7. theprey

Posted 10 years ago
    Thu Oct 30 2008 9:51:21
    #

Login to Send PM

Just wanted to add my voice to the hosannahs: KillerQueen is great.

As some of you may remember, Cesar of Freedom Pest Control treated my apartment (after a long ordeal involving moving and vikane, and crap treatments from Pest-Away). About a month ago his dog cleared my place, but I've continued to find myself scratching bite-like bumps, and was nervous, not so much for myself but because my sister is going to be visiting for Thanksgiving.

The other day I found some black spots on my bed frame, so, having read how thorough KillerQueen is, I hired him to come out and investigate.

He was here for a couple of hours, checked the entire bedroom, said the spots were not fecal matter, and ultimately gave the place the all-clear. He was patient with all my questions and took his time.

I would definitely recommend him to anyone who's looking for a thorough inspection and personalized approach.

8. Adele

Posted 10 years ago
    Thu Oct 30 2008 17:55:14
    #

Login to Send PM

Wow - so what are those spots on your bed frame and what the heck has been biting you?

9. lg1970

newbite

Posted 10 years ago
    Thu Oct 30 2008 20:20:54
    #

Login to Send PM

KILLERQUEEN.... i have bed bugs. how do i get a hold of you???? lisa

10. quentin

newbite

Posted 10 years ago
    Thu Oct 30 2008 20:29:40
    #

Login to Send PM

KillerQueen - 22 hours ago  » 
    Yeah it's getting a little crazy over here ..... I have done like 8 bed bug treatments in the last 6 days. Not to mention my regular accounts. Up at 4:30AM today (after 4 hours or sleep) hit the road at 5:15AM got home at 9:00 PM ... I'll be up at 5AM to do it all over again! Only working till 10PM tomorrow =)

And despite all this, KQ asked *me* to call *him* the first night I discovered my infestation so he could talk me off the proverbial ledge and go over all kinds of different treatments, educating me as to what worked, what didn't, what was a scam, what I should ask my own PCO when they performed the initial investigation.... if I could hire him I would, if for no other reason than that he sacrificed his Wednesday night to talk to someone he's never met, just some random guy on an internet messageboard hundreds of miles away, who was freaking out.

KQ is the bee's knees, cat's pajamas, and any other cheesy metaphor you wish to ascribe him. Seriously, KQ.... thanks. You're a true "good guy."

Peace.

11. KillerQueen

oldtimer

Posted 10 years ago
    Thu Oct 30 2008 22:12:22
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you for the kind words theprey it was a pleasure meeting and working with you. I’m glad you will be able to put this past you and continue on the road of a normal bed bug free life!

Quentin I’m glad I could be of assistance. I wish I was able to help you further along. If you ever need more info just let me know. I noticed you were thinking about fumigation treatments. If that is a possibility in your area, that would be en excellent option. Just thought you were under a very short timeline and therefore didn’t mention that option over the phone. But again best of luck in the battle.

Adele … The spots were actually fibers and debris on the bed slats and were in fact mixed into the spray of the urethane or on the surface when the spray was applied for finishing. There were also some dirt markings kind of like an ash type mark that often is seen when wood rubs together or against other surfaces.

12. KillerQueen

oldtimer

Posted 10 years ago
    Thu Oct 30 2008 22:14:17
    #

Login to Send PM

LG1970 I sent you a private message with my number. I'll talk with you soon. KQ

13. Adele

Posted 10 years ago
    Thu Oct 30 2008 22:56:49
    #

Login to Send PM

oh wow- well I hope theprey finds peace

14. Newbeebugger

newbite

Posted 10 years ago
    Sun Nov 2 2008 20:13:05
    #

Login to Send PM

Hey KQ...thank you for the bb advice again despite your busy schedule. As I read this particular posting about you that was started a month ago and is still going strong I think to myself 2 things.....1. There are so many people with bb's who need a bb exterminitor and 2. There are so few people who are as compassionate and gifted as you in this scary art of bb death. Truely this experience has been one of the worst in my life and I don't know how I'd get through it, along with all the other stuff going on in my life I shared with you, without your guidence and encouraging words. Thanks again KQ. Peace and prayers.

Newbeebugger

15. buggblues

Posted 10 years ago
    Sun Nov 2 2008 21:00:05
    #

Login to Send PM

KQ, since you have opted out of running for President.. any chance you might be a clearinghouse to advise us folks of PCO's who are as skilled as you in other areas of the states???

16. anash

newbite

Posted 10 years ago
    Sun Nov 2 2008 22:20:18
    #

Login to Send PM

Hey Killer,

I live in manhattan and definitely have bed bugs. Ive put a few in a clear covered container to hold onto. I need you man! I sent you a pm. Please help. My girlfriend wont stay over until I get this cleared up

Thanks

17. KillerQueen

oldtimer

Posted 10 years ago
    Tue Nov 4 2008 22:27:20
    #

Login to Send PM

Newbeebugger - 2 days ago  » 
    Hey KQ...thank you for the bb advice again despite your busy schedule. As I read this particular posting about you that was started a month ago and is still going strong I think to myself 2 things.....1. There are so many people with bb's who need a bb exterminitor and 2. There are so few people who are as compassionate and gifted as you in this scary art of bb death. Truely this experience has been one of the worst in my life and I don't know how I'd get through it, along with all the other stuff going on in my life I shared with you, without your guidence and encouraging words. Thanks again KQ. Peace and prayers.
    Newbeebugger

Very welcome Newbeebugger!! I hope every thing else is going ok for you. Stay strong .. and keep fighting!!!! Again .. If you need any other info .. you know where to get me.

18. KillerQueen

oldtimer

Posted 10 years ago
    Tue Nov 4 2008 22:28:32
    #

Login to Send PM

buggblues - 2 days ago  » 
    KQ, since you have opted out of running for President.. any chance you might be a clearinghouse to advise us folks of PCO's who are as skilled as you in other areas of the states???

=) I do have some small ideas in the works. I'll keep people posted here when the time is right.

19. tisIsaidthefly

Posted 10 years ago
    Wed Nov 5 2008 21:24:22
    #

Login to Send PM

I wish he had been the answer to my prayers. oh well.

20. Newbeebugger

newbite

Posted 10 years ago
    Wed Nov 5 2008 21:43:29
    #

Login to Send PM

KQ...I've a question. I've not been bitten in a week. How does one know when to stop treating? I read that some people continue to treat for years on a monthly basis...is this true? I want my family and I to be safe but the thought that they are gone only to come back after a rest is not what I want after all this work. Do you have advice for people who are having some success but don't want to assume they are gone for good?

Thanks KQ. Peace.

Newbeebugger

21. KillerQueen

oldtimer

Posted 10 years ago
    Fri Nov 7 2008 11:57:04
    #

Login to Send PM

It's a hard question because I did not do the treatment. I would do follow up baseboard applications monthly for 3 months then move them to bi-monthly for 8 months.
    Of course you will need to do visual inspections to all common areas every week for the first 3 months ... then every 2 weeks in the bi-monthly treatments. That would be my approach.

22. toughgetsgoing

newbite

Posted 10 years ago
    Fri Nov 7 2008 14:02:11
    #

Login to Send PM

What is KillerQueen's phone number? Has anyone used M&M exterminator located on Orchard Street? They want me to discard my carpet or steam clean it for 14 consecutive days after treatment. Did any of you have to do that?

[Admin note: phone numbers have been deleted from this thread in line with the site's policies. You can private message any user by clicking "PM THIS USER" next to their post. Professionals should not be contacting you to offer their services via PMs but you can contact them if you wish.]

23. Newbeebugger

newbite

Posted 10 years ago
    Fri Nov 7 2008 21:12:44
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you KQ.....wow that's a lot of chemicals.

Newbeebugger

24. Livingagain

Posted 10 years ago
    Fri Nov 7 2008 22:11:20
    #

Login to Send PM

toughgetgoing I would steam before the treatment, I thought I was told the steamer would break up the chemicals and wreck the residual effect.

25. bugginoutingp

newbite

Posted 10 years ago
    Thu Dec 4 2008 16:21:35
    #

Login to Send PM

My girlfriend and I first began noticing random raised bites on our skin about 2-3 months ago. We weren’t really sure what the cause was until one day I discovered a live bed bug crawling on my dresser. Needless to say, we were freaked out and panicked, as I’m sure all of you were when you first found out about your infestations.

Then it got worse…we spoke to neighbors and they told us that the entire building was likely infested – and had been so for at least 2 years! We tried to contact the landlord multiple times to get her to treat the building and she flat-out refused. She claimed that she had treated the building four times already in the past and it had been ineffective due to a lack of cooperation by other tenants in the building. We were at a loss for what to do and were considering breaking our lease and moving out.

However, before committing to such a drastic measure, we decided to fully research our options. We checked out many PCOs in the NYC area and ultimately settled on KillerQueen based on the ecstatic reviews on this board. And we’re happy to report that the hype is justified. KillerQueen is amazing!

He spoke to us by phone several times and patiently answered our many questions before we even talked about hiring him. Eventually, we decided to bring him in for a full treatment of our unit. After the treatment, I did some extensive caulking and sealing all around the apartment to prevent any bugs from re-entering from other units. We also tossed our old wooden bed frame in favor of a four-legged metal bed frame. We then wrapped double-sided carpenters’ tape around each leg of the frame to prevent any bugs from reaching us. And we’re also planning to bring KillerQueen back for a few bi-monthly treatments to keep killing any bugs that might somehow make their way in to our unit.

We literally haven’t had a single bite or seen a single live bug (a couple dead ones, though! Hehe) since KillerQueen treated our apartment over a month ago. Of course, we’re still in “wait and see” mode as to whether or not the bugs will ever return, and we will of course continue to explore our options for pushing the landlord to treat the building, but as of right now we’re feeling confident and very happy with the treatment that was done for us by KillerQueen (and the prevention/protection actions he recommended).

I can’t thank and recommend KillerQueen enough for what he did for us. After his thorough treatment and thoughtful, patient responses to our many questions, we went from panic and despair to hope and confidence. Thank you, Killer!

26. KillerQueen

oldtimer

Posted 10 years ago
    Fri Dec 5 2008 13:15:29
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you bugginoutingp,

I'm glad I was able make your new home a pleasant place to live. I'm happy to see the first treatment went as planned. I'm sure you have the upper hand now with the work you and I have both done. Again best of luck and I'll see you soon for your follow-up!

Thanks Again,
    KillerQueen
    BOOT A PEST Inc.

27. ineedrelief

newbite

Posted 10 years ago
    Sun Dec 7 2008 10:10:54
    #

Login to Send PM

I know everyone is looking for your help, and I would be one of them, but I'm in southeastern PA. Alsso I'm in A government housing hi-rise. We had an infestation 3 months ago that resulted in two floors getting rid of all their stuff (which I can't afford to do) and all other units were inspected, but notreatment other than getting rid of all harboring furniture. It was supposedly "only" on the 7th and8th floors of a 9 floor building ( i'm on the 5th floor). Anyway my apt was supposedly ok and I had no problems. Now a couple of weeks back I started to notice what I believe to be bites and horrendous itching. Even if I can just treat my unit there is no way I can seal it off. Do you have any suggestions on how I can get the Housing Authority to do anything???? I'm at my wits end. I,ve complained to Housing, but they don't seem to care. I've also brought it up in Resident meetings and to a social worker assigned to the building. What else can I do??? I'm thinking in a big city like New York you have maybe dealt w/ the city gov't maybe??? Anything you might know or if you know of anyone else on this forum who might know would be greatly appreciated!!!

28. ineedrelief

newbite

Posted 10 years ago
    Mon Dec 8 2008 14:06:39
    #

Login to Send PM

Sorry KQ I was so tired from lack of sleep that I passed out (literally). Will try you same time today (Mon) if that's ok.

29. KillerQueen

oldtimer

Posted 10 years ago
    Mon Dec 8 2008 17:01:00
    #

Login to Send PM

ineedrelief - 2 hours ago  » 
    Sorry KQ I was so tired from lack of sleep that I passed out (literally). Will try you same time today (Mon) if that's ok.

Any day after 5PM is fine

30. confusedaboutbugs

newbite

Posted 10 years ago
    Fri Dec 12 2008 22:40:38
    #

Login to Send PM

I do not know if I have bed bugs, but after reading about how great KQ is, I thought I should post my situation and see what he thinks. About every 3-6 months, I get bitten at night -- I go to bed fine, and wake up in the morning with bites. The first few times I had 4 or 5 bits on my upper leg (only 1 leg). The bites are about the size of a quarter, very red and swollen, and look like they have a "tail." Then a few months later, I woke up again with bites, but this time I had a few on my face, one on my arm and another on my leg. Again, the bites were very red and swollen, and looked like they had a "tail." The same thing happened when I was away on vacation a few weeks later. Then yesterday, about 3 months since my last attack, I woke up with bites on my face -- 4 bites that are again red, swollen and itchy. I went to the allergist twice, and both times he said that he knows they are bugs, but doesn't know what kind. I also saw a dermatologist, who said they might be bed bugs but just as the other doctor, she can't confirm what type of bug the bites are from.

I just moved apartments a few weeks ago, but brought my furniture and bed/box spring with me. I have looked at my mattress and do not see anything at all. There are definitely no bugs the size of appleseeds (as I saw posted on many sites), and I have never seen a bug in my bed ever. I did, however, look very closely with a flashlight and found a handful of brownish/orange-ish "things" that are definitely not strings or fuzz, but I don't know if they are anything related to bugs. I have read on many sites that the bed bugs molt as they grow -- could these brownish things be the molting shell? Would I definitely be able to see something more obvious if I had bed bugs? I do not have any black stains on my mattress like I've read about, and my bites occur every few months, definitely not every week or ever day.

Can you help? Any insight is greatly appreciated!!

31. KillerQueen

oldtimer

Posted 10 years ago
    Fri Dec 12 2008 23:27:46
    #

Login to Send PM

This does not sound like, and probably is not a bed bug problem. I could cover more ground with you if you would like to talk via phone. Let me know ..KQ

32. omisbliss

newbite

Posted 10 years ago
    Sat Dec 13 2008 4:14:25
    #

Login to Send PM

Hello again everyone. I'm so happy the thread i started is still alive and i do hope it helped many in finding a true professional KILLERQUEEN!
    I just wanted to stop by and let everyone know how i am doing. KILLERQUEEN came to my rescue back in September. He performed his first treatment then and left no stone unturned. Two and a half weeks later he came back for a follow up and felt very confident that i was free. I had gone through so much agony that i asked if he could come back the following month to inspect and spray (due to my own paranoia and not any evidence whatsoever). KILLERQUEEN did come a month later saw no evidence at all but still did his thorough inspection and sprayed. I then scheduled to have him come back two months from then and he did that this past week. Once more he inspected and sprayed and being the honest man that he is told me to stop wasting my money.
    I AM FREE!
    I have not had a single bite since his frist visit, i have not seen any evidence of bed bugs anywhere in my apartment. I am living the life i once knew and was so afraid i would never get back and the person i have to thank is KILLERQUEEN, the woman on this board who recommended him and the person who runs this board.
    I just want to let everyone know that their is a light at the end of the tunnel and my light was KILLERQUEEN!
    I also would like to mention that their is another PCO in the NY area that has been mentioned on this board. I had a consult with him before i knew of KILLERQUEEN. Unfortunately this person never returned calls and was not someone you could access easily. KILLERQUEEN returns calls, makes time for you and takes no shortcuts. A true professional in every way.
    Best of luck to everyone, don't lose the faith and KILLERQUEEN YOU'RE AMAZING!

33. KillerQueen

oldtimer

Posted 10 years ago
    Sun Dec 14 2008 0:37:28
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks for the update and kind words omisbliss. Again, glad I could help! Regards, KQ

34. KillerQueen

oldtimer

Posted 10 years ago
    Thu Dec 18 2008 1:26:53
    #

Login to Send PM

KillerQueen - 2 months ago  » 
    Announcement! After thinking about it and going back and forth in my head ... Today I hold in my hands an application for a reciprocal license to do work in New Jersey. Yes Connecticut I contacted them also, but they have not returned my call as of yet. I will contact them Thursday. SO THE QUEEN WILL SOON BE ABLE TO HELP THOSE IN NEED OVER NY STATE LINES! I'll keep everyone updated when things are a go.

Just wanted to update the info from this post as I recieve messages from people in Connecticut & New Jersey.

While I am still working on the reciprocal license from NJ, Connecticut will not allow me to work in the state with my NY license. They want licensing from their own state and this I just can't do. I hold 4 different pest control sub category licenses for NY and that alone requires a lot of my time with recertification credits. I would need to keep my CT license going with the same type of credits and this would not be possible at this time. Sorry CT =(

35. BrooklynNurse

Posted 10 years ago
    Sat Dec 20 2008 17:39:19
    #

Login to Send PM

I wanted to thank you KillerQueen for all your help on the phone. I don't know if you remember me, I have spoken to you on the phone about thermal treatments and dusting my home afterwards. I will probably need you after the thermal treatment to bed bug proof my coop.
    Thanks Again for your time and patience.

36. KillerQueen

oldtimer

Posted 10 years ago
    Sun Dec 21 2008 16:36:19
    #

Login to Send PM

I do remember you and sent you a private message a couple of days ago. You were talking about doing chemical and thermal treatment in another thread. You had mentioned products that I don't use, so I just wanted to make sure we were clear. Also if you are going the chemical route after a thermal, why? I thought you didn't want these types of chemical treatments. I think this is going to cost you more money then you need to spend if you are in essence looking to treat with both.

37. BrooklynNurse

Posted 10 years ago
    Wed Dec 24 2008 12:26:14
    #

Login to Send PM

Yeah I just did thermal treatment yesterday. I'm thinking of dusting my home in 3 weeks. The bed bug dog is going to check my home in 3 weeks to make sure I'm clear. KillerQueen can I have your cell phone again, I kind of lost alot of my papers while doing thermal.

38. KillerQueen

oldtimer

Posted 10 years ago
    Wed Dec 24 2008 23:36:16
    #

Login to Send PM

I sent you a private message that you did not open. My number is posted on this thread up top a bit. Just give me a ring when your ready.

39. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 10 years ago
    Mon Dec 29 2008 23:48:07
    #

Login to Send PM

BrooklynNurse,

Click the green "messages" button below or go to http://bedbugger.com/forum/pm to read your messages.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  40. BrooklynNurse

Posted 10 years ago
    Tue Dec 30 2008 0:16:48
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks Nobugsonme for your help. I didn't know how to read my messages.

41. bugsinbrooklyn

newbite

Posted 10 years ago
    Thu Jan 1 2009 8:50:07
    #

Login to Send PM

Happy New Year everyone! I think I need Killer Queen...but at the very least I need help. I've had one bite every now and then for the past 6 months. I thought a spider or mosquito was biting me, but now I'm not so sure. About three weeks ago I was bit about 10 times--all consistent with bed bugs, on an artery, three in a row, etc, but I still wonder if I have bb's. I have, however, been finding what I describe as white little seed looking things on my mattress and especially in my cat's bed. Are these bedbugs? I haven't found any bugs and my bites, with the exception of the ones a few weeks ago, are one here and one there.

I am a chronic vacuumer and mopper and don't have a lot of clutter is it possible that I'm keeping a major infestation at bay because of these two things?

Also, I live in an apartment building and my landlord is a slum lord so I'll be handling getting rid of these things on my own.

Any help from the masses or Killer Queen will be greatly appreciated!

42. KillerQueen

oldtimer

Posted 10 years ago
    Thu Jan 1 2009 12:00:08
    #

Login to Send PM

Greetings Bugsinbrooklyn,

It sounds as though you may have a flea problem and that your cat may in fact have worms. The seed you describe coupd be a type of egg associated with worms from your cat.

And you may be getting bit by fleas. If you had Bed Bugs for 6 months, I think you would have found this site before today. Do you know how to check the cat for fleas? Do you know about checking for the worms mentioned?

43. bugsinbrooklyn

newbite

Posted 10 years ago
    Thu Jan 1 2009 12:15:24
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks for your reply,Killer Queen. I really, really wish it were fleas. But my cats are and always have been indoor cats and I have not seen any fleas. I just collected the little seed like things that very pretty much look like the bb casings or eggs and put them in a baggy. If they are bed bugs eggs, they should hatch in there right?

Like I said, I vacuum and mop my floors a lot and have hardly any furniture. If I do have bed bugs do you think that those habits might have kept the infestation at bay longer? Many thanks!

44. KillerQueen

oldtimer

Posted 10 years ago
    Thu Jan 1 2009 12:28:07
    #

Login to Send PM

Why don't you give me a ring on my cell phone listed about. I could cover more ground with you that way. I don't think you would be keeping bed bugs at bay for 6 months with just vacuuming and mopping.

45. bugsinbrooklyn

newbite

Posted 10 years ago
    Thu Jan 1 2009 13:48:29
    #

Login to Send PM

These are the best pictures but the best my camera would allow. Look familiar to anyone?

Thanks in advance!

http://i424.photobucket.com/albums/pp329/bedbug_2009/bugs.jpg

http://i424.photobucket.com/albums/pp329/bedbug_2009/bedbug2.jpg

46. spideyjg

oldtimer

Posted 10 years ago
    Thu Jan 1 2009 21:05:36
    #

Login to Send PM

The photo isn't good enough to say 100% but the fact they are mainly in the cat's bed points more towards worm eggs. My cat had those worms once so it sounds real familiar.

Good that you have some in bags to monitor if they hatch. Sharp move.

Leave them in the bag but gather some others to take and schedule a vet visit.

At the very least eliminating the cat's worms makes them healthier and eliminates these non BB eggs from the equation.

Jim

47. bugsinbrooklyn

newbite

Posted 10 years ago
    Sun Jan 4 2009 9:00:10
    #

Login to Send PM

Yup, you and Killer Queen were right, they are worms from the cats which is strange because they are indoor cats but I'll take that. I still don't know where I got the string of mysterious bed bug like bites but it's been about 5 days since my last bite. Fingers crossed. Thanks for your help!

48. KillerQueen

oldtimer

Posted 10 years ago
    Sun Jan 4 2009 15:40:00
    #

Login to Send PM

You are welcome! I'm glad that you have that confirmed now. I'm no vet but as I said, you should try and rule out fleas as they could very well be the reason the cat has worms. You could have a very mild case and the flea that caused the worms also caused the bite marks you are describing.

49. KillerQueen

oldtimer

Posted 10 years ago
    Sun Jan 4 2009 15:43:32
    #

Login to Send PM

I should also tell you that I have treated homes where fleas were in a house and the people didn't even have pets nor had they been around any. Just remember anything is possible.

50. hoo2677

Posted 10 years ago
    Sun Jan 18 2009 7:07:56
    #

Login to Send PM

Killer Queen, I wanted you to know that I have paid tribute to you tonight on my little radio program (shameless plug - kboo 90.7 fm, portland) by playing your "theme song" by Queen. Good thing the dj following couldn't seem to smell the alcohol soaked chair I left for him for his protection). Didn't say a word 'bout it. http://kboo.fm/node/11570

Thanks for helping so many people, i wish you were in Oregon. Maybe someday you can have an army of skilled technicians like yourself in every state.

sterilized for your protection

51. KillerQueen

oldtimer

Posted 10 years ago
    Wed Jan 21 2009 0:54:35
    #

Login to Send PM

hahah ... Thanks, Sorry I missed this post!! Working on something fresh for you!!
    Is this the bugs life?
    Is this just fantasy?
    Caught in a high rise,
    No escape from KillerQueen.
    Open your eyes, Look up at my flashlight and see,
    I'm just a PCO, I need no sympathy,
    Because I'm easy come, easy go, Little high, little low,
    Any way my bellows blows doesn't really matter to me, to me.
    Land Lord just killed a Bed Bug,
    Put a B&G against his head, pulled my trigger, now he's dead.
    Land Lord, life had just begun,
    But now I've gone and thrown it all away.
    Land Lord, ooh, Didn't mean to make you cry,
    If I'm not back again this time tomorrow, (**That’s a good thing**)
    Carry on, carry on as if nothing really matters.
    Follow up, my time has come,
    Sends shivers down their exoskeleton, body's aching all the time.
    Goodbye, every bed bug, I've got to go,
    Gotta leave you all behind to face my poison.
    Land Lord, ooh, I don't want to hear your s%*t,
    I sometimes wish I could just exterminate you.

I see a little silhouetto of a bug,
    Gunna squashem, Gunna Squashem, do you wanna taste some Phantom.
    Thunderbolt and lightning, very, very fright'ning nymph.
    (Galileo.) Galileo. (Galileo.) Galileo, Galileo figaro
    Magnifico. I'm just a PCO bed bugs don’t like me.
    He's just a PCO from a Long Island Company,
    Spare him his life from this monstrosity.
    Easy come, easy go, will you let me go.
    Bismillah! No, we will not let you go.
    (Let him go!) Bismillah! We will not let you go.
    (Let him go!) Bismillah! We will not let you go.
    (Let me go.) Will not let you go.
    (Let me go.) Will not let you go. (Let me go.) Ah.
    No, no, no, no, no, no, no.
    (Oh mama mia, mama mia.) Mama mia, let me go.
    Beelzebub has a devil put aside for me, for me, for me.

So you think you can dust me and spray in my eye.
    So you think you can encase me and leave me to die.
    Oh, PCO, can't do this to me, PCO,
    Just gotta get out, just gotta get right outta here.

Nothing really matters, Anyone can see,
    Nothing really matters,Nothing really matters to me.

Any way the bellows blows

52. needingknowledge

newbite

Posted 10 years ago
    Wed Mar 11 2009 21:58:38
    #

Login to Send PM

I have found the hot thread finally.
    Two surprises in one night. nobugsonme is a she and killerqueen is a he. Why do we make these assumptions?
    Anyway I was going to pm you but I couldn't figure it out. I'm a bit of a luddite.

Urgent question. I have the monthly roach spray scheduled this friday. Should I have them avoid the infected apartments(3) or the whole 10 (includes adjacent)I forgot what they use I can get that info if necessary.
    I own 60 units in Houston and am getting qoutes,reading all I can get my hands on also feel I am unable to pco treat all ten as it will further bankcrupt me. Have given printed info to the affected tenants in spanish.Have found a knowledgeable sounding DIY pest place will sell me products and guide me. I am really torn but $2000.00 is just not an option. It might sound like I'm a cheapskate landlord but these apts lose us money monthly. beginning to improve when the bed bugs hit. God it sounds like a great subject for a sitcom.Thanks for all you do.
    nk

53. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 10 years ago
    Thu Mar 12 2009 0:11:35
    #

Login to Send PM

needingknowledge - 2 hours ago  » 

Anyway I was going to pm you but I couldn't figure it out. I'm a bit of a luddite.

If you are logged in, look at any post by anyone. Under their post, you see how old the post is ("one day ago" for example) on the bottom left of the post. All the way on the right of the same line, you see "PM this user". Click that button under anyone's post to private message them.

Also, scroll down on this page or look to the left side of the main page for a green "messages" button. That's how you read your PMs.

And when you login, you will see a little note at the top of the main page saying how many you have.

54. hoo2677

Posted 10 years ago
    Thu Mar 12 2009 0:54:26
    #

Login to Send PM

OK KQ, with those lyrics you and the family an all-expense paid working vacation in Portland, OR. In between work, we can get you into the station to record and edit your new Theme Song.

We are all soooo glad you are here. You help so many people in multiple ways. Thank you.

Portland, OR

55. KillerQueen

oldtimer

Posted 10 years ago
    Thu Mar 12 2009 22:58:53
    #

Login to Send PM

hoo2677 - 21 hours ago  » 
    OK KQ, with those lyrics you and the family an all-expense paid working vacation in Portland, OR. In between work, we can get you into the station to record and edit your new Theme Song.
    We are all soooo glad you are here. You help so many people in multiple ways. Thank you.
    Portland, OR

lol thanks ... I can't even tell you how busy things have gotten since bed bugs have been in the news. I wish I could take a working vacation =) anything with the word vacation sounds good to me. Keep fighting, stay strong, and win the war! Best of luck, KQ.

needingknowledge ... If you still need info PM me and I'll help how I can. With a building that size I don't think you should be doing "on the job training". If you think $2,000 is a problem, you aint seen nothing yet if this does not get done ASAP. Do your research and find the best professional you can. Best of luck KQ

56. Swollen

newbite

Posted 10 years ago
    Wed Mar 25 2009 14:47:09
    #

Login to Send PM

KillerQueen,

Any word on NJ? We just had our first sighting of the dreaded things after a while of doctors thinking I was having severe allergic reactions to...something else. Yikes!

57. brooklyngirl

newbite

Posted 10 years ago
    Wed Mar 25 2009 16:20:49
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi Killer Queen, I've tried to look for a way to PM you but I am unable to find the link even with Nobugsonme's instructions. If you are somehow capable of PMing me I'd love to ask you a quick question. Thanks!

58. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 10 years ago
    Wed Mar 25 2009 16:27:54
    #

Login to Send PM

brooklyngirl,

PM functionality will be returned shortly.

59. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 10 years ago
    Wed Mar 25 2009 16:41:42
    #

Login to Send PM

And you can now click "PM this user" under the person's message, to send a PM. Do you see it?

60. KillerQueen

oldtimer

Posted 10 years ago
    Wed Mar 25 2009 22:26:55
    #

Login to Send PM

"Any word on NJ? We just had our first sighting of the dreaded things after a while of doctors thinking I was having severe allergic reactions to...something else. Yikes! "

Sorry Swollen , but I decided against getting licensed in NJ so I cannot work there.

61. KillerQueen

oldtimer

Posted 10 years ago
    Wed Mar 25 2009 22:27:42
    #

Login to Send PM

brooklyngirl I sent you a PM with my contact info.

62. Swollen

newbite

Posted 10 years ago
    Thu Mar 26 2009 12:28:13
    #

Login to Send PM

Sadness. Thank you though!

I'm hoping to hear back soon from one crowd about setting up a time for inspection. I swear, these PCOs can be pure superheroes if they can help us rid our dwellings of these persistent things.

63. KillerQueen

oldtimer

Posted 10 years ago
    Fri Jul 3 2009 22:46:23
    #

Login to Send PM

Well, 1 year in business for myself. BOOT A PEST Inc. Opened in July of 08 ..... And I just wanted to thank all of the people here for my success. I picked this thread because it probable has the most kind thinks ever said about me. I truly thank all of you for taking the time to write such nice things.

Thanks Nobugs for putting up with my sometimes heated PM's in the past.

I'm officially shot but everyone thinks I should expand the business but I worry about so many things that go along with that like customer service and effective results being the two biggest.

I have done a ton of bed bug treatments for people on this site, and making New York Magazines best of NY list ... has really helped me meet people from all walks of life. Each person is unique with a different situation but we share the same goal ... Getting rid of this monster of a pest.

I’m glad I could help so many …… Monday starts a new year for me ….. Here’s to a 1 year anniversary ass kicking !!! West Village bed bugs … you don’t know what you’re in for….. Bit*h!!!!

Thanks Again Guys!!! KillerQueen ... aka John, aka BOOT A PEST

64. stricken

Posted 10 years ago
    Fri Jul 3 2009 23:25:08
    #

Login to Send PM

John, KillerQueen, a bedbug nemesis by any other name.....
    Congratulations on your first year, I hope to be one of your success stories soon!
    We are lucky to have you!

65. KillerQueen

oldtimer

Posted 10 years ago
    Mon Jul 6 2009 23:28:38
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank You stricken,

As I read in another post ... save the Vodka for the right reasons =) Help is on the way .. I'll cya soon!

66. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 10 years ago
    Tue Jul 7 2009 0:00:03
    #

Login to Send PM

Congratulations, John.

Expansion is tricky, but there may be other pros here who can advise on how to train others to help you without sacrificing quality.

The alternative is you eventually turn most clients away.

67. Emmm

Posted 10 years ago
    Tue Jul 7 2009 9:07:19
    #

Login to Send PM

Nobugsonme - 9 hours ago  » 
    Congratulations, John.
    Expansion is tricky, but there may be other pros here who can advise on how to train others to help you without sacrificing quality.
    The alternative is you eventually turn most clients away.

And as bed bugs continue, more Killer Queens would be invaluable.

So if you ever expand, perhaps you can train someone up in Toronto.

68. stricken

Posted 10 years ago
    Tue Jul 7 2009 9:41:13
    #

Login to Send PM

I can see it now: Bedbug University. The t-shirts alone would be worth the price of admission.

Heck, how many people these days can say they work in a growing industry?

Thanks for the encouragement John. I'm not mainlining the vodka just yet but I'm close!

69. BBsonme

newbite

Posted 10 years ago
    Fri Jul 17 2009 18:00:03
    #

Login to Send PM

I have some understanding now of why certain chemicals, although I don't know which ones. What I don't know and would love any PCO (or anyone for that matter) to answer is how do I know if the products that the PCO spreads is causing the same effect. Since the guarantee is for 12 months, the same amount of time that the OTC labels claim residual effect, how do I know that I won't be causing a village to form?

70. KillerQueen

oldtimer

Posted 10 years ago
    Fri Jul 17 2009 19:49:24
    #

Login to Send PM

BBsonme

I'm a little confused with your question. Am I missing something you are responding to?
    In short, no product above ground is going to give you a residual for 12 months. Unless we are talking about a dust formulation.

71. goawaybugs

Posted 10 years ago
    Fri Jul 17 2009 23:51:09
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi KillerQueen,

You probably don't remember me, but I'm one of many that you inspected and pronounced clear. You were very reassuring, and having you do the inspection gave me great relief. I haven't returned completely to normal life (I did for a while, but, it being summer, I've since gotten a new set of skin reactions) but now every time I get worried, I remind myself that you're out there. Congratulations on your first year of business. I wish you every success in the future (so long as you continue to have time to help us out when we need you!)

Thanks again.

72. KillerQueen

oldtimer

Posted 10 years ago
    Sat Jul 18 2009 21:16:45
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks goawaybugs!!

I remember the name but can't recall your details. Life is good without bugs .... go out and enjoy .. better yet, stay in! =)

73. BBsonme

newbite

Posted 10 years ago
    Sun Jul 19 2009 17:50:47
    #

Login to Send PM

The problem is worse than I thought, the bugs are also affecting my typing skills now. The question was supposed to read something like this 'I have some understanding now that certain chemicals have repellency effect, although I don't know which ones. How can I be sure that the treatment that my PCO uses doesn't have the same repellent action since the guarantee is for 12 months, the same as the OTC counter label reads.' Since posing that question I re-read the pco contract, the guarantee is only for 30 days for BBs, 12 months for other pests. The OTC that I was speaking of are Ortho, and flea treatments, although I realize they are not labeled for BBs. My question however; still stands. How do I know that the PCO isn't just sending them elsewhere in the home? First PCO inspector stated only my bedroom and living room needed to be treated. What about the rest of the rooms? What about the basement?

74. KillerQueen

oldtimer

Posted 10 years ago
    Mon Jul 20 2009 21:41:33
    #

Login to Send PM

BBsonme,

The question can be answered in many different ways... leading you in many different directions.
    I would need more details to help understand everything you're dealing with. If you would like to discuss things further I could cover more with you over the phone. PM me if you would like to talk.

75. BBsonme

newbite

Posted 10 years ago
    Thu Jul 23 2009 6:21:55
    #

Login to Send PM

KillerQueen, thanks for taking the time to answer my question. I pm'd you with a more detailed question. Thanks again.

76. KillerQueen

oldtimer

Posted 8 years ago
    Fri Oct 8 2010 23:50:19
    #

Login to Send PM

omisbliss - 1 year ago  » 
    Hello again everyone. I'm so happy the thread i started is still alive and i do hope it helped many in finding a true professional KILLERQUEEN!
    I just wanted to stop by and let everyone know how i am doing. KILLERQUEEN came to my rescue back in September. He performed his first treatment then and left no stone unturned. Two and a half weeks later he came back for a follow up and felt very confident that i was free. I had gone through so much agony that i asked if he could come back the following month to inspect and spray (due to my own paranoia and not any evidence whatsoever). KILLERQUEEN did come a month later saw no evidence at all but still did his thorough inspection and sprayed. I then scheduled to have him come back two months from then and he did that this past week. Once more he inspected and sprayed and being the honest man that he is told me to stop wasting my money.
    I AM FREE!
    I have not had a single bite since his frist visit, i have not seen any evidence of bed bugs anywhere in my apartment. I am living the life i once knew and was so afraid i would never get back and the person i have to thank is KILLERQUEEN, the woman on this board who recommended him and the person who runs this board.
    I just want to let everyone know that their is a light at the end of the tunnel and my light was KILLERQUEEN!
    I also would like to mention that their is another PCO in the NY area that has been mentioned on this board. I had a consult with him before i knew of KILLERQUEEN. Unfortunately this person never returned calls and was not someone you could access easily. KILLERQUEEN returns calls, makes time for you and takes no shortcuts. A true professional in every way.
    Best of luck to everyone, don't lose the faith and KILLERQUEEN YOU'RE AMAZING!

This is the person who started the thread, the person I just quoted. I didn't count but I see newbeebugger at the start of the page. Is that who you see also? I have seen this with other old threads but could never figure out if it was my PC or the thing was just too old. I have found older threads though without this ... so Im still stumped.

77. Sleepless in NYC

Posted 8 years ago
    Sat Oct 9 2010 0:35:01
    #

Login to Send PM

Long live the Killer Queen!!!!

78. DeedleBeetle

oldtimer

Posted 8 years ago
    Sat Oct 9 2010 7:30:08
    #

Login to Send PM

i loved this thread! Thanks for bumping it up to the top so all us "new" guys can enjoy!

KQ Rules!!

By the way....i think i read somewhere that KQ even rid someone's apt from roaches??? Is that reeeally possible, KQ?

79. BuggyMomma

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Wed Nov 10 2010 17:01:09
    #

Login to Send PM

Killer Queen...Pennsylvania needs you!

80. DeedleBeetle

oldtimer

Posted 8 years ago
    Wed Nov 10 2010 18:42:23
    #

Login to Send PM

Hey KQ...

i read a while ago that you recommende combat traps for roaches....and i just got them two days ago...i haven't seen one of those critter since. My husband who stays up much later than i do and ventures into the kitchen for snacks late at night wanted to know "where i put" the roaches!

I used to hate roaches more than any insect...but now if i see a roach wandering around in the bathroom, i look at it carefully to be sure it ain't a bb, and when i see it's just a roach, i'm so happy!!

Thanks KQ for the combat recommendation. it seems to be working!

81. KillerQueen

oldtimer

Posted 8 years ago
    Thu Nov 11 2010 18:22:43
    #

Login to Send PM

I don't remember honestly deedle .. but if its working .. go with it =)

Thanks BuggyMomma ... I Don't know your history .. but I hope you're on the road to success.

82. itchyinqueens

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Tue Dec 7 2010 18:40:06
    #

Login to Send PM

I have nothing but great things to say about KillerQueen. Called him in a panic after a few mystery bites. He was so patient, extremely knowledgeable, answered all of my questions, and was so giving of his time- encouraged me to get confirmation and be thorough before moving forward- definitely NOT your typical PCO that charges first and asks questions later. If it turns out that we DO have bedbugs (shudder)- KillerQueen will be the first and only person we call. Thank you!!!!!

83. scaredsilly

Posted 8 years ago
    Tue Dec 7 2010 21:32:53
    #

Login to Send PM

Itchyinqueens, I am so jealous. I really need a KQ. Hope your treatment is a quick success!

84. KillerQueen

oldtimer

Posted 8 years ago
    Wed Dec 8 2010 22:25:08
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks itchyinqueens! Some times we toss common sense out the window when we panic. My wife is always looking to toss me out the window, but I tell her all the time it makes no sense, I'll just come back in the front door. OK sorry, bad joke.

Hang in there scaredsilly! You'll win the war!!

85. imbugginout

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Thu Feb 10 2011 14:15:01
    #

Login to Send PM

Anyone know how much he costs? We're three young girls living in a small 2BR in the Heights and we are *barely* able to make rent. We called a cheap guy to come inspect and he did a lame 10 min job (I did a more thorough inspection myself beforehand) and didn't find anything, but suggested we treat anyway. I know we have bbs. We haven't seen any yet., but we've all been bitten, with mine being the worst. But I don't trust this dude's company to treat us if he can't even be bothered to do a good inspection. I've thought about trying to follow all of the how-tos on here and do it myself, but that just sounds costly and seems an insurmountable task. I'm flippin' out here, psychologically. I've been sleeping in the tub for a week, but it's been days since I've slept more than two consecutive hours. This all began about a week and a half ago, so it can't be a full-blown infestation, right? Wouldn't we be seeing lots of feces and blood stains, etc? My fear is that we have a fast multiplying few and that we're now infested with nymphs (which is why we haven't been able to see any). Is this possible? We've each only been bit about three or four times - I'm the most sensitive to it, welting up and stinging throughout my arm. Buuut - day before yesterday I was digging through a box of things and as I removed my arm I immediately saw/felt that I had about thirteen bites in a zig-zag on my wrist. I never saw anything in there, so is it possible they were just hungry nymphs and I was their first meal? I don't know what to do. I'm seriously freakin' here. =(

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

293,483 posts in 49,273 topics over 152 months by 21,594 of 22,016 members. Latest: evil11, Airbnbug, junojunk