Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Detection / Identification of bed bugs

Keep finding single bed bugs but can't find any more? help!

(3 posts)
  1. deerpark

newbite

Posted 6 years ago
    Thu May 23 2013 18:08:57
    #

Login to Send PM

So about 8 months or so ago we had an infestation, bed bugs were harboring in the headboard. We called the exterminator, thew out the matress/headboard, and all seemed well.

About a week ago, I found a single bed bug crawling on a pillow in the middle of the night. I caught it, and called the exterminator. We didn't show him the bug, but it was indeed one as I did triple check it and compare to photos/what we had before. After washing everything/drying at a high temp, he came and said there were no signs of bed bugs, sprayed, and left.

Last night I found one bed bug on my pillow again, filled with blood. In the day I lifted up my mattress and managed to catch 2 more adult ones. We are currently in the process of washing EVERYTHING again, and can't seem to find any more. We checked inside the boxspring, behind wall hangings, the mattress, chairs, couches, dressers, desks, the second bedroom; nothing.

Are we missing something? I found 3 so s far and have had previous infestations so I don't think this could be a strangler. I am literally out of ideas.

2. KillerQueen

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Thu May 23 2013 23:21:14
    #

Login to Send PM

If you found more then 1 then you can't say "keep finding single bed bugs".

Unfortunately, it sounds as if you still have a problem and I would suggest you start looking into new PCO's to help resolve your issue.

If you live in a building - be sure surrounding apartments get inspected.

If you live in a stand alone home - be sure this is not reintroduction.

Good Luck!

3. 89lilangel

newbite

Posted 6 years ago
    Fri May 24 2013 0:44:28
    #

Login to Send PM

maybe its in another room or living room

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

293,305 posts in 49,236 topics over 152 months by 21,584 of 22,005 members. Latest: Robbysee, Elephant88, Nobugsplsto