Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed bug pest control firms (PCOs), Bed bug k9s, etc.

Kansas city area PCO

(3 posts)
  1. Bluedolphin

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Sat Nov 12 2016 3:48:29
    #

Login to Send PM

Need recs for a KC area PCO. Spoke to 2 different ones so far who have very different info. We found one live bed bug in a bed in the morning, it was engorged with blood. First PCO inspected all bedrooms and found no fecal stains, casings or eggs in any room. Recommended just treating the one room in which we found the bed bug. Second did not come out to the home, but based on what I told him, recommended whole house treatment. First PCO did not feel mattress covers were necessary, was not worried about clothing hanging in closet. Second one said to get mattress covers right away. Not sure what to do! Any help would be appreciated!

2. CleaningToDeath

Posted 1 year ago
    Sat Nov 12 2016 9:05:50
    #

Login to Send PM

Did you get a picture of the bed bug, or the first PCO? You want to make sure you have positive identification. You can post a picture on the forums, and there are some, one in particular that can identify it for you.

Did the first PCO also flip the mattress and most importantly check underside the box springs?

Can't make a rec for you, not from the area. However, with the cost of mattress and boxsprings, in my opinion I will keep a mattress encasement on mine and any future mattresses for the rest of my life.

3. Bluedolphin

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Sat Nov 12 2016 13:47:44
    #

Login to Send PM

Just spoke to a company locally who says they will treat the entire house with Bayer Temprid for $325. They also offered the chemical followed by heating room by room for around $800. The other two companies I spoke to either quoted me much higher or were only going to treat one room. This most recent one did not strongly recommend mattress covers because he felt pretty confident they would be successful. Also offered 90 day guarantee. Does this seem reasonable?

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

274,592 posts in 45,046 topics over 137 months by 19,776 of 20,508 members. Latest: Mousehead, AnxietyCentral, Ohhmichasia