K9 says no, still getting reactions

(9 posts)
  1. ThomR

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Sat Sep 28 2019 15:30:33
    #

Login to Send PM

So about three weeks ago, I went to see a movie, came back home to my apartment to find my arms covered in hive like bumps (largely clear, not red). I've been having a lot of skin problems, including hives lately, so I didn't think much of it.

Fast forward to the past couple of weeks and my legs have been in bad shape. I started getting one or two red bumps (really tiny) on my right leg, that would itch and be warm to touch, but largely be okay after ten minutes. Then things started to get more severe, to the point that now I have like large red hives that itch when I wake up and then start to sting. And the stinging will go on for some time. Very painful. After the inflammation goes down slightly, I notice a couple tiny dark red blood dots on my skin, darker than your average cut healing. Obviously could be scratching, but seems odd. It has mostly been concentrated on my legs, with only one instance of an arm.

So I freak out and call in a K9 inspection this week, it comes up negative. But I'm still getting reactions. Most reactions have been upon waking up, say with a one to two day grace period in-between. Although I did get some reactions at work the other day and then one at a friend's show last night.

Now the bed and box spring have been in white encasements for months / along with having inceptors on the legs.....but everything is clean.

I'm asking for advice because I fear that the inspection missed something, and I'm so anxious that I could've carried or am still carrying possible insects. Dermatologists can't tell me anything, besides I'm allergic to something.....so I'm just not in a good place right now. What do I do?

2. ThomR

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Sun Sep 29 2019 18:05:56
    #

Login to Send PM

Any feedback anyone?
    I'm trying to calm my anxiety and trust that my reactions are something else, due to the K9 results, but still freaked out.

What should I do next?

3. Misty4554

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Sun Sep 29 2019 18:58:27
    #

Login to Send PM

I see that no one had responded to you. You are lucky not to have found any but maybe to be safe use diatomaceous earth ,,google it and order it. I have been battling a small infection and I know this can be helpful. I would encase your mattress too but sprinkle this on before you put it on

4. Misty4554

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Sun Sep 29 2019 18:59:27
    #

Login to Send PM

Infestation not infection

5. Misty4554

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Sun Sep 29 2019 19:01:24
    #

Login to Send PM

I dont understand how peoe view and do not respond,,people come here for advice

6. lalmaroad

Posted 1 month ago
    Sun Sep 29 2019 21:29:37
    #

Login to Send PM

It's the weekend. Not very much activity on here on the weekends. Skin reactions alone cannot tell you if you have bed bugs. If your not finding anything and dogs come up negativ then invest in some passive monitors and monitor for a few week's. If that is clear something else is causing your skin reactions.

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read. ~Groucho Marx
  7. Misty4554

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Sun Sep 29 2019 21:40:22
    #

Login to Send PM

Sorry it is the weekend,,guess us new people get anxious and freaked out,,😞

8. lalmaroad

Posted 1 month ago
    Sun Sep 29 2019 21:50:08
    #

Login to Send PM

I know all about that and it's no fun. Bed bug related anxiety is just awful. It does get better. I didn't believe it for a long time but it really does. Passive monitors and reading faqs on this forum really helped.

9. Somad

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Mon Sep 30 2019 21:37:08
    #

Login to Send PM

I have the same situation. K9 says no still get bites. If you are really nervous, maybe try Aprehend from
    https://store.doyourownpestcontrol.com/aprehend-biopesticide-treatments

I really don't know how to help you. Maybe use Aprehend will let you feel get protected somehow.

I still get not itchy bites now with no signs. I am also seeking the clue.

Hope you will feel better.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

296,900 posts in 50,059 topics over 155 months by 21,883 of 22,370 members. Latest: Mary Borges, Pleasebegone2019, aims6186