Just need to vent feeling helpless

(9 posts)
  1. Paranoidbybugs

newbite

Posted 3 weeks ago
    Wed May 2 2018 23:26:40
    #

Login to Send PM

Anyone anyone else become discouraged or feel like the nightmare will never end?
    On going treatments in a single family home. Just went 10 days with no sightings or bites and just found one crawling on my wall. 😫

2. GothAngst

newbite

Posted 3 weeks ago
    Thu May 3 2018 13:08:03
    #

Login to Send PM

I know how you feel. We're in a two family home. PCO has inspected us twice and found no signs of BBs, feces, eggs, nothing... While our downstairs neighbors had been disguising an infestation for a long time that would have gone unfounded had we not had an explorer bug to bite my apparently very allergic self.

The very next day after our first spray, I got bitten again. We also found one on a sticky trap. It has made me feel hopeless because I'm certain my neighbors are not following protocol.

I've focused instead on what I CAN do. PCO said we could live normally since the issue isn't in our home supposedly, but due to my career I can NOT risk a single bug brought out with me. I have been living in bags for weeks. I take comfort in knowing that this forum is full of experts and that with calm reasoning and TLC, I can at least prevent the spread and keep the issue at bay to whatever end. And there will be an end! Do what you can and make sure not to self sabotage. That's the best any of us can do in the end.

3. Smkearns

newbite

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Fri May 11 2018 0:27:33
    #

Login to Send PM

For months, I been saying... Something is biting me. My husband kept saying I was delusional.. It's to the point not my hole body itches 24/7 and to be honest.... I dunno how bad our infestation is. In a month..... I've see/killed maybe 100 bugs. All in my kids beds. I vaccumm, spray, wash seats and pillow cases daily. I don't sleep because they scare me not to meantion the rash I get. Lately I've been curling up in a fitted sheet to avoid bites and covering couches with blankets. O stay up killing all the bugs I catch crawlin around my babies.. I'm literally going insane from lack of sleep, or chemical inhalation. Finally God blessed me with an exterminator I called in tears. Single mom... I can't pay 1500.00. No one gets it. Im secluded

4. Smkearns

newbite

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Fri May 11 2018 0:28:29
    #

Login to Send PM

For months, I been saying... Something is biting me. My husband kept saying I was delusional.. It's to the point not my hole body itches 24/7 and to be honest.... I dunno how bad our infestation is. In a month..... I've see/killed maybe 100 bugs. All in my kids beds. I vaccumm, spray, wash seats and pillow cases daily. I don't sleep because they scare me not to meantion the rash I get. Lately I've been curling up in a fitted sheet to avoid bites and covering couches with blankets. O stay up killing all the bugs I catch crawlin around my babies.. I'm literally going insane from lack of sleep, or chemical inhalation. Finally God blessed me with an exterminator I called in tears. Single mom... I can't pay 1500.00. No one gets it. Im secluded

5. Bloodsucker9000

newbite

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Fri May 11 2018 2:18:53
    #

Login to Send PM

man , i wish it was just a sighting on my wall. I've gone through hell these last 4 months and can't even get them out of my bed

6. LittleRin

newbite

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Fri May 11 2018 3:52:16
    #

Login to Send PM

Have any of you tried using Cimexa? If you're in the states, you can get it pretty cheap off Amazon. It's extremely promising. You just have to get the bed bugs to walk across it. Don't use too much, since it's very drying and you don't want to breathe in too much or get it in your eyes or on your skin. It might help turn back the tide a little if you're unable to afford an exterminator.

7. Paranoidbybugs

newbite

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Fri May 11 2018 21:45:26
    #

Login to Send PM

Our PCO has been using Cimexa and we are still getting bit. It’s been used twice now once of which was this last time. I previously told him I wanted him to spray vs using the powder. I’ve noticed quite a drop in sightings and bites however I just today noticed two new bites on my daughter. And I have also been battling these things since the beginning of February. It’s just a headache to deal with and has made me wary and not let anyone over and I prefer not to go anywhere. Kinda ready to call it a wash and burn this place down lol

8. Bbplagued

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Mon May 14 2018 20:43:38
    #

Login to Send PM

Yes, I am feeling doomed at this point. This is such an exhausting problem!! I am due for second spray treatment, tomorrow. My daughter just found three live bugs on the sofa, today. Guess, who is never sitting on it, again! Ever since, she told me that I have been hiding out in our spare back room. I am sitting on a lawn chair, back here. These things have made me highly neurotic! I will have PCO steam it, tomorrow. Then, I am thinking about going shopping on Wednesday for a new sofa. Yikes, the expense of this problem! Threw out two beds already. I was in a panic when I discovered them before I discovered this forum. I did all the "Don'ts" on the list. Used repellent, moved downstairs to sofa to sleep, and threw out my bed. Also, another bed, which was on its way out before BB discovery, anyways. But, my bed was the newest and the best. Our sofa is ancient. Good quality sofa from the early 90s. My mother worked in high end furniture store, and she got great employee discount.

I can not get over how my daughter can still sit on couch after her discovery. I am highly freaked out about it.

I am wishing for an act of God to happen to this house!

9. Paranoidbybugs

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Tue May 15 2018 17:51:02
    #

Login to Send PM

As odd as it sounds I feel like I am becoming sooo used to this. We have been battling these things since February. Our home is older so I am wondering if that’s the reason it’s taking so long. We are getting a new couch as well luckily. I’m just worried our pco will tell us to scratch eventually. Haven’t seen any adults as of late but found some babies today. Soooo discouraging

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

273,661 posts in 44,814 topics over 137 months by 19,670 of 20,375 members. Latest: Aryn, JASM, Tashagene