Just need to know Im on the right path

(6 posts)
  1. InsaneLexi

newbite

Posted 2 months ago
    Mon Sep 2 2019 21:53:40
    #

Login to Send PM

We just found out Monday that we have bed bugs in our kids room. Pretty sure I know where they came from. Let me break it down.
    Worst room had about 30 bugs all in the frame. Second in line had 10 & were spotted after room one was treated. Saw a single one in the room between them. All furniture has been taken apart & examined & no other bugs were seen. I'm confident they are just in the beds.
    Now what I did.
    All fabric had been bagged & is in the process of wash/dry. All beds have been isolated & treated with a Hot Shot bed bug spray. This has been killing them on contact & it's quite satisfying. Couch has also become isolated. I've put them in aluminum containers with DE in the bottom. All furniture has been taken apart vacuumed & wiped with 91% alchohol. Everything is at least 6 inches from walls. Tomorrow I plan on steaming all beds & couch. Sealing my house would be a huge cost I cannot afford at moment. All crevices have been vacuumed as well.
    Is this enough? I plan to vaccum & steam every 3days. Replace DE weekly. Spray beds again in 2 weeks. Then again in another 2 weeks. New encasements are arriving daily. Entire house has been vacuumed & will be mopped tomorrow. I have tile throughout entire home. Keeping dogs out of infested rooms.

2. InsaneLexi

newbite

Posted 2 months ago
    Tue Sep 3 2019 12:00:33
    #

Login to Send PM

No answer isnt reassuring.

3. Mawiwala

oldtimer

Posted 2 months ago
    Tue Sep 3 2019 12:50:09
    #

Login to Send PM

Do you use a residual or only a contact killer? A residual works for a longer time period and bb had to pass it. Maybe a expert here can make a suggestion.

Did you put DE in cervixes and screw holes? I don‘t know why but your approach sounds not enough for me. What if there are eggs left?

Cimexa works better then DE.

Not sure what moping the house will do against bed bugs.

4. InsaneLexi

newbite

Posted 2 months ago
    Tue Sep 3 2019 19:16:10
    #

Login to Send PM

So I heard Maggie's Dust was the same as cimexa. I grabbed 2 of those today bc after some research found it to be true. Is steaming every 3 days not enough to get the eggs?

5. Mawiwala

oldtimer

Posted 2 months ago
    Wed Sep 4 2019 0:05:06
    #

Login to Send PM

Where do you apply the dust? You only say in the interceptors.

6. InsaneLexi

newbite

Posted 2 months ago
    Wed Sep 4 2019 6:14:31
    #

Login to Send PM

I applied dust in all the cracks of the beds as well as the interceptors

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

296,909 posts in 50,061 topics over 155 months by 21,885 of 22,373 members. Latest: Delusionalparasitosis, kslone1006, Hex999