Just need advice and reassurance..

(3 posts)
  1. notsosunshiney

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Thu Sep 15 2011 13:04:46
    #

Login to Send PM

It's been 7 months with dealing with bbs. I am now living back with my parents because this ordeal has cost me over $5000 (not even including treatment as my landlord pays for that). This is my third move and I am praying and hoping that I have goten rid of them. Posted last night about finding a blood spot on my brand new blanket. Double bagged everything that came with me from my old apartment and stored it outside. I only have mine and my sons clothes, blankets, books and papers from that place. And I took precations with everything (dryed on hot for 60+ mins, books were bagged in DE and Borax and put in freezer without being opened for a week.) All my other belongings are properly sealed and stored. This morning I was convinced there was bbs in my sons playpen (hes slept in it a fai amount) so I burned it. I am so paranoid of giving them to my parents. There house is huge and emaulate although they are by no means wealthy. I talked to my dad and told him I couldn't sleep because I'm so worried and he was understanding with how if he gets them then he gets them, its not my fault.

So here it is: I don't react to the bites. I have reacted once 6 1/2 months ago when this all began (my bite was how we came to the conclusion that we had bb.) My son has gotten bitten by SOMETHING (and its SO hard to tell in these summer months) a couple times since we moved in here 4 days ago. He doesn't spend much time outside as the weather hasn't been nice. The bites are small, sporatic and don't seem to bother him at all (hes 10 months). I woke up last night to check him over and found one on his belly but it was gone by morning (maybe I dreamed it?) I don't know. I did a quick check with my flashlight today after stripping the bed and crib (both brand new). Didn't find anything. What can I do to prevent these bugs? And should I call in a PCO just to inspect? I know we don't have a dog around here.

Oh, my parents have two large dogs that have the occasional flea, especially in the summer months. What are the chances of fleas biting my son?

2. OhNoes

Posted 8 years ago
    Thu Sep 15 2011 13:46:45
    #

Login to Send PM

I'd consider springing for a k9 check.

3. notsosunshiney

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Thu Sep 15 2011 14:22:06
    #

Login to Send PM

Unfortunalty the only dog around here also tests for mold . I have read that dogs sniffing for mold and bed bugs aren't effective. Maybe I'l try him anyway.. does any one know roughly how much they cost?

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,373 posts in 50,181 topics over 156 months by 21,932 of 22,430 members. Latest: Beachhouse, bbguy, Ladybug1993