just need a little hand holding

(8 posts)
  1. ClutterFree

Posted 4 years ago
    Wed Dec 10 2014 22:09:14
    #

Login to Send PM

Hey y'all

It's been a while since I've been here, which has been good news. But I just got bit three times in a row on my tookus. Which is funny, partly b/c I was clothed at the time. But scary b/c, y'know, BB calling card...breakfast lunch & dinner. B/c I did have on clothes, albeit thin ones, and b/c I've been getting random bites, including one in the time it took to start this post and get to this line, and because I've seen a dead mosquito, I'm going to assume that it's a really ambitious mosquito. But still... After all the time it took to get rid of the last minor infestation this is 3-in-a-row, bite sequence, is kind of freaking me out. So I'm just looking for a hand to hold.

Thanks guys. Now open every window in my house and freeze the suckers out.

2. theyareoutthere

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Wed Dec 10 2014 22:43:17
    #

Login to Send PM

Clutter, a little tough love...you know you can't rely on bite marks. I'm sending good thoughts your way. You've been through a lot so you deserve a cyber hug every now and then. You'll have to wait for Abs for that. I'm not touchy feely, not even on the internet

They
    Are
    Out
    There
    = TAOT
  3. buggyblue

Posted 4 years ago
    Wed Dec 10 2014 22:44:24
    #

Login to Send PM

So you had an infestation before, and you were successful, right? I really hope that you don't have a bb problem once again. It's possible you're just hyper aware of certain triggers that you experienced with bb before, like bites or skin irritations, ya know? Having dealt with bb before, you are equipped with knowledge and are familiar with what to look for, so you are armed with that. Worst case, if you do have them, you will be in a position to treat sooner and better this time than last.

My sister had bb twice, at two different apartments in NYC over two years. The second time it happened was horrible, because it's like, "Really? Again?" followed by a huge meltdown. But! She did conquer the bb both times, and now feels empowered by it. She is knowledgeable and super calm about it.

Best of luck!

4. theyareoutthere

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Wed Dec 10 2014 22:46:32
    #

Login to Send PM

Very nice post, buggyblue!

5. ClutterFree

Posted 4 years ago
    Wed Dec 10 2014 22:55:47
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you, guys.

TAOT, my bites are actually pretty indicative of bb's, which is why I haven't freaked out sooner. I react very quickly and in a distinctly different way than I do to other insect bites. But the 3 in a row just triggered the fear in a real way. But you're right, I DO know that 3 bites does not a bb make. There's no blood, no fecal strains, no cast skins...just the over abundance of nearly useless traps my pco left in awkward places to make it look like they did a good job.

Buggyblue, yes I've had 2 infestations. The 2nd was very lengthy despite being small, and thus traumatizing for different reasons. And you are also right. I know stuff. I've survived crazy hours at laundromats, living out of bags, packing all my worldly goods, becoming an adhoc bb-expert to friends and family...I have no reason to fear an over-active skeeter with bb aspirations

6. buggyblue

Posted 4 years ago
    Wed Dec 10 2014 23:44:31
    #

Login to Send PM

TAOT- Thanks!

ClutterFree- I hate the thought of you going through it again. You sound like my sister though, a bb warrior! Are you/ have you been living in the same home during all infestations? Are you in an apartment, and is it possible you're getting reinfested by a neighbor? We're all here for you!

7. robinsmom

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Thu Dec 11 2014 0:14:06
    #

Login to Send PM

I hope this is a false alarm. In getting occasional welts but after hearing the description if my sisters ezcema, I'm hoping that explains things. Using Head n Shoulders mixed with a little water as a kind if lotion before bed, and I woke up not once. These "bites" don't go away. I've also found some kind of tiny fly--midge?--behind a picture. I also seem to have that chitin sensitivity that David Cain speaks of. Do you? As soon as they re sprayed at work? My skin calmed down. We had had a reinfestation here at work, and it's like I knew it before I saw them. I could smell them, feel my skin itch. So maybe that's all this is?

Keep us updated.

I'm not an expert just a dumb struggling bed bugger like every body else.
  8. ClutterFree

Posted 4 years ago
    Thu Dec 11 2014 7:08:35
    #

Login to Send PM

Buggy - thank you for your kind words! I don't much feel like a bb-warrior when I'm going through it. Yes, I'm living in the same place that was infested before. I'm assuming if there is something, it's from the neighbors. Luckily, sorta, the neighbors above me had bb's last round (I think they were the source) so at least they know what to look for this time. But I'm pretty sure it's a skeeter.

robinsmom - I'm pretty sure it's a false alarm. Other than my bites, which are not presenting "correctly" (for me, at least), there are no other signs of bb's. Heck, I even found a dead skeeter over the weekend. And I leave my windows cracked so... yeah. But I hear what you're saying about crazy false alarms! I had a bad eczema flareup on my hands last month. I'm glad it's happened before or I would have gone nuts trying to figure out where the bumps were coming from. Once you've had bb's, every strange itch/bump/lump on your skin is a potential new source of terror. I'm glad your problem was relatively easy to solve. I hope your job was proactive about spraying for the re-infestation, no fighting necessary.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

291,395 posts in 48,808 topics over 150 months by 21,434 of 21,838 members. Latest: dc8184, bedbugtoronto, stinson