Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Tools/ideas for fighting bed bugs

Just need a bit of advice please... DE and passive monitors?

(6 posts)
  1. Damnbugs22

newbite

Posted 5 months ago
    Sat May 12 2018 4:02:22
    #

Login to Send PM

Long story short we started treatment March 8 had one follow up treatment for a mild infestation. We were clear from March 22- last Friday almost 6 weeks... Then I saw a dead bug full of blood on my sheet. Not squished just dead. I checked my baby and husband for bites. I found none. Three days later I randomly get a welt on my wrist...

My neighbor is a hoarder and her bed room is right on the other side of my bedroom wall. Turns out she only allowed one treatment and decided it wasn't safe for her kitty.
    We're moving out next Friday only taking clothing, shoes, dishes, the baby crib, a brand new plastic wrapped crib mattress, a new wood toy box, toys and Electronics. The baby items were in my bedroom were the infestation was.
    We did have the PCO dust just incase. he was sure the bite was delayed reaction and the bug was rouge.
    I've rewashed and dryed all clothing and double bagged them and sealed them so I can just peel the outside bag off right before the move. I've washed all plastic toys in dilluted bleach water and then soapy water and put them in double plastic bags. Toys that couldn't be washed or dryed I tossed. Dishes will be run through the dishwasher and placed in brand new boxes. Electronics will have screens wiped down with Windex and vacuumed (directions from the PCO)
    Shoes were run through the dryer for 30minutes, but when I took them out they weren't as hot as the clothes. So I put them in a bin witha dust of DE.
    My question here is should I run the shoes in the dryer again since they were not as hot as the clothes?? And I have an expensive baby Nemo jumper I really want to take. I've taken off the cloth parts and put them in the dryer. The rest is metal and plastic how can I clean this Killing anything that might be on it? Will bleach water work ? The crib matress is wrapped in plastic still will it be safe to take ? The crib and wood toy box... Can I also wash them down sith soapy water or bleach water to kill any bugs and to also get any pesticide off??
    Will dusting DE before we move in and using passive monitors prevent an infestation in the new apartment??
    If you have gotten this far thank you so much.
    Any advice is welcome.

2. Pattycake

Posted 5 months ago
    Sat May 12 2018 21:35:43
    #

Login to Send PM

Might I suggest a hand held steamer. Sounds as if most of the things you are worried about could be steamed.

3. Damnbugs22

newbite

Posted 5 months ago
    Sun May 13 2018 0:51:43
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you!

4. hidingbugs

newbite

Posted 5 months ago
    Sun May 13 2018 8:30:01
    #

Login to Send PM

If you want to use dusting in new apartment, I recommend using Cimexa instead of DE, it works much faster...24-48 hours.

5. Damnbugs22

newbite

Posted 5 months ago
    Mon May 14 2018 20:45:06
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you! Where can I purchase this?

6. notmebutmaybe

newbite

Posted 5 months ago
    Fri May 18 2018 17:04:14
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi, can I add a comment here. Should I put down DE in new bed we just installed?

https://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/00372788/

Had no idea captain beds/storage beds were a bad idea for bed bugs until I moved into my new apartment building which has a history of bed bugs.

Any way I can make this bed less of a bed bug haven should we get a little bed bug from a neighboring unit?

Thanks!

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

280,568 posts in 46,605 topics over 142 months by 20,555 of 21,422 members. Latest: tjg, jm1985, Me33