Just got treatment, now what?

(2 posts)
  1. MichiganBedBugs

newbite

Posted 5 years ago
    Thu Apr 3 2014 21:05:40
    #

Login to Send PM

I just moved into an apartment about 2 months ago. Its an older building with just 11 units. I got a new couch and rugs and just started feeling settled when I started waking up with bites and realized I had bed bugs! After catching one and sealing it in a plastic bag I called by landlord who acknowledged that they had this problem before. Buzzkill. I got my car cleaned and vacuumed out, then loaded up all my clothes in plastic bags and went to the laundromat. I washed everything washable in my apartment and ran the rest through the dryer for a while, re-bagged everything in clean bags and have had it loaded up in my car since. I only bring up what I need to my apartment. I vacuumed my rugs and mattress and got a mattress encasement. A pest control company came out today to do the first treatment and told me to keep an eye out for about a month and if I see any signs of bed bugs to have them come out for a second treatment. They also treated the units directly next to mine and below mine. I'm trying really hard to do everything I can to keep my stuff/unit bug clean but I'm worried I can't rely on my other tenants to do the same. I'm trying to keep it together and stay positive, this forum has been extremely helpful! Does anyone have any words of advice , for what I should do or expect next?

2. Rose411

newbite

Posted 5 years ago
    Thu Apr 17 2014 21:14:14
    #

Login to Send PM

At least your landlord acted quickly!! I agree about other tenants. I found one in my last place, didn't get treated. Found another still didn't get treated. Moved and have since found two. The good news is that i haven't had a serious infestion Knock on wood! I'm new to this as well, I was going to wash, dry and reseal everything but wasn't planning on storing... Hope they stay away!

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,610 posts in 49,509 topics over 153 months by 21,693 of 22,135 members. Latest: mrssachvz, mandy717, Lodo956