Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Introductions

Just found out have bedbugs - Questions.. Empty egg sacks?

(5 posts)
  1. tinypest

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Sun Sep 25 2016 16:31:07
    #

Login to Send PM

So yea i just found out i have a little bit of a bedbug problem and we do not know how long it has been going on. I found a 2nd stage nymph? last night another 2nd stage nymph this morning then upon remove my mattress cover along the underside in the seams a large what appears to be adult female maybe? along with egg sacks another stage 2 nymph, stage 1 nymphs, fece and exoskeletins.

I have been putting these suckers under my scope and noticed some of the sacks are full and the others look to be popped open on the end. Any idea when the creatures departed? How long do the egg shells last?

2. tinypest

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Sun Sep 25 2016 16:41:22
    #

Login to Send PM

- Im seeing more of these than filled sacks. Doesnt seem like a good sign to me.

What is the easiest way to remove all of the crap when cleaning up an area? I was thinking clear box tape for some then not sure what to do with rest. I just have a small 1inch by 1inch area where it seems to be all concentrated for the most part. I dont want these eggs dropping somewhere and hatching. We havent checked out the rest of the cover or night stand behind the bed either..

3. misery

Posted 2 years ago
    Sun Sep 25 2016 16:51:21
    #

Login to Send PM

I used packaging tape, slowly, then folded it in half, and ziplocked it. That is how I picked up everything I found.

Not a pro here. Call me Jon Snow...... for I know nothing, except what I've experienced.
  4. tinypest

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Sun Sep 25 2016 17:31:37
    #

Login to Send PM

Yea thats what im doing im bagging any live ones i find in a small ziplock as we speak.

I suppose a good next step would be to buy one of those traps with pheremones and a sticky substance to trap them? I figure that way i can see just how big of a problem im dealing with while figuring all of this sh*t out and getting ahold of a Pro.

5. tinypest

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Mon Sep 26 2016 15:30:32
    #

Login to Send PM

Decided to move post to new thread.

RSS feed for this topic

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

291,395 posts in 48,808 topics over 150 months by 21,434 of 21,838 members. Latest: dc8184, bedbugtoronto, stinson