Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed Bug Treatment

Just found bedbugs - do foggers realy work?

(4 posts)
  1. buggedwayout

newbite

Posted 9 years ago
    Fri May 7 2010 10:53:59
    #

Login to Send PM

Found out we have bed bugs this past weekend! Actually saw them. We bombed our house, encased our mattress and box spring and washed everything. They were under our box spring and found remnants of the in my closet. Not as bad in my ones son room and did not see any in my other sons room. But we fogged every room.
    Does anyone know if the Hot Shot foggers really work? Or do I need to call someone? I still cannot sleep and night. Still think they are crawling all over me (see no dropping in my bed).

2. buggyinsocal

oldtimer

Posted 9 years ago
    Fri May 7 2010 12:01:37
    #

Login to Send PM

I don't want to alarm you, but generally speaking, foggers are not only ineffective in treating bed bugs, these products can make the problem worse.

Fighting bed bugs can be a tough job, and it's generally best carried out by a professional because of a number of factors that make bed bugs esp. difficult to treat.

I would start by reading the frequently asked questions linked to at the top of this page--the three that it notes everyone should read.

Then I would look at the second, third, and fourth link on this page. Those three links include information on why foggers are not suggested as treatment, what questions to ask to help you find a good pest management professional, and why self-treatment of bed bugs is so difficult.

Hang in there. Bed bugs can be beaten.

3. EnvirocarePestControl

newbite

Posted 9 years ago
    Sat May 8 2010 19:22:27
    #

Login to Send PM

I would absolutely not recommend foggers under any circumstances. Foggers may kill a few bed bugs out in the open but, the problem is that bed bugs have a very cryptic behavior (meaning that they hide very, very well in crack and crevices throughout your home). Another issues is that foggers may cause bed bugs to disperse deeper into their harborages or into adjacent units if you live in an apartment building. It is a problem that is best handled by a qualified Pest Control Operator. Check out my posting in the 'sticky' forums regarding hiring a qualified PCO. This is definitely not a do-it-yourself project. Best of luck to you.

4. buggedwayout

newbite

Posted 9 years ago
    Mon May 17 2010 13:16:42
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you for your replies. I wish I found this site before my husband fogged. (I can spend hours and days reading on this site.) He is convinced that they are gone. But I know they are not. I keep getting bitten and see dropping and shells of the bugs. I have saved everything that I have found.

I have started washing everything in hot water (140F) and drying even after they are dry. I placed them is storage tubs but now am not sure if that is good enough. Do they need to be in Zip bags?? Also, I am now concerned about the thing I placed in my attic before I knew I had bed bugs. Should I be worried they are now there?

I also read about steamers and thinking about purchasing one to help. If I get a steamer do I take my cover off to steam the mattress and box spring? Will encase their beds after I steam.

I have not told my kids (10 and 7). Afraid if I tell them they will not want to sleep in their rooms let alone their beds. There is no way I can get them to bag their clothes and close them tight afterwards.

I would love to call a POC in NJ (I have read good and bad things about everyone.) But do not have the money for that. I know we have them and it just stinks I can’t afford a POC. (Live in a free standing house)
    Thanks again for everyones advice.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,649 posts in 49,518 topics over 153 months by 21,698 of 22,141 members. Latest: carterscott, ohkayiguess, shawnpayne1982