Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed Bug Treatment

Just discovered bed bugs: getting heat treatment - advice?

(1 post)
  1. NewMove

newbite

Posted 6 years ago
    Thu Oct 11 2012 14:04:07
    #

Login to Send PM

I'm going crazy. I recently bought a condo in a 4 unit structure. I've been there a month, and have been getting very small raised red bites in the typical breakfast, lunch, dinner pattern. My bites have been very mild though; I must not react very strongly.

Anyway, four evenings ago, I was getting ready for bed, and found a bed bug crawling on my quilt. A closer inspection revealed a few black specs on my fitted sheet and dust ruffle. A flip of the box spring revealed one more bug.

I only found two. Since then, I have not seen anymore. I've been sleeping on my couch (probably not the best idea, I know, but I'm terrified of my bed right now), and am getting an air mattress tonight.

I had an inspection done, and verified it is indeed bed bugs. The inspector said that both were adults... one had recently just had a meal, yuck. I've decided to get the thermal heat treatment since I want to fully eradicate this problem without trying various things first that might not work.

My question is... based on only finding two bugs, does this sound like a mild case? My mattress is pristine... no marks or anything on it; same with my box spring...except for that lone bed bug hanging on to it. Also, I probably only had a handful of black specs on my sheet and dust ruffle.

Will the heat treatment work, or am I in store for a long road ahead? I am suspecting that the bugs came from the moving truck.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,684 posts in 49,527 topics over 153 months by 21,699 of 22,141 members. Latest: carterscott, ohkayiguess, shawnpayne1982