It's still happening

(6 posts)
  1. sleeplessinbc

newbite

Posted 7 years ago
    Mon Oct 17 2011 18:42:15
    #

Login to Send PM

Found the first bug( nymph) after being bit numerous times on 09/18/11, Management called in exterminators, apparently they are on stand by for this building.PCO came in and identified the bug I found, confirmed it was BB nymph, treated on the 20th. Continued to get bit although all clothing, bedding, and linens were washed.All drawers emptied in bedroom and treated with 99% alcohol, and wiped. All clutter removed and inspected. Apartment is vacuumed daily. PCO returned 09/30 for second treatment. Apartment then treated with CIL house and Garden.Headboard and foot board Steam treated and re sprayed with CIL.Found another one in bed,(nymph) Still getting bites. Spoke to PCO and was told the bites can appear 3 to 4 weeks after being bit.
    PCO returns 10/07/11 treats bed again, by the way, the bed was sealed on 09/21/11. Bed also has 2 way tape on legs. 10/10/11 found adult bug in bed, bit again.Going to get Diatomaceous Earth.
    10/11/11 Watched videos on how to apply DE, and dusted apartment. 10/13/11 removed all drawers from dressers and dusted DE inside, I have also dusted inside the couch, which is leather. 10/15/11 new bites have appeared on right foot. I am at my wits end, surviving on 2 hours of sleep at a time, and living on Benadryl. Doctor has prescribed a steroidal lotion for bites. HELP!!!!!!

2. sleeplessinbc

newbite

Posted 7 years ago
    Thu Oct 20 2011 20:29:42
    #

Login to Send PM

Yesterday I spoke with my PCO after finding another live BB in my bed. He will return next week and treat again. He also informed me the apartment above me has a BB problem as well. I don't know who's started first, guess it really doesn't matter now. I asked him if I should dismantle my headboard and foot board, it is wicker weaved, and a sleigh bed, so I can't just remove them. I wanted to make sure I didn't do anything that may scatter them. He said it was a good idea. I started with the foot board yesterday, it wasn't easy but I got most of it done. I found no bugs, castings and not to sure about eggs.(Funny because the last few bites I have gotten have all been on my feet) Today I did the headboard, and low and behold a live bug was hiding in the first section I started on. Scared the beejeepers out of me. I kept going though as the sun was shining right on the headboard giving me courage. I did find a couple casting, but no other live bugs, thank goodness. I am sure I removed eggs as well. It has given me some peace of mind knowing that part is gone, and those little vampires will never get me. I will sleep in the living room again (third night) I know not a good idea, but there is so much DE spread around it will surely get any looking for me. I still have some wicker to remove from the headboard( the sun went down and I lost my courage) and the two way tape needs replacing. Then I will return to hopefully the sanctuary of my bed!

3. sleeplessinbc

newbite

Posted 7 years ago
    Sat Oct 22 2011 0:08:02
    #

Login to Send PM

Well I removed the rest of the wicker, and yup found another BB, and casts. So happy that is cleared away and any eggs that may have hatched out soon. I re dusted with DE after vacuuming up the mess I made. I still have to replace the tape. Got a message from the Manager of the building, the PCO won't return til Friday. I am seriously upset that this seems to be a non problem with the management. If I hadn't taken it upon myself to educate myself to this problem, I'm not sure how many blood suckers would be crawling out of here and into the other 200 some odd apartments. I have shelled out so much of my own money I am having a hard time coming up with my rent. Has anyone ever handed their landlord a bill? They are paying for the treatments, but it's not enough, they know they are in the building BB that is, and yet they are not warning anyone or advising people to set up barriers. There are alot of older people in the building and children. It's disgusting that they don't care.

4. laststrawsue

Posted 7 years ago
    Sat Oct 22 2011 10:20:08
    #

Login to Send PM

I have a crappy landlord who purchased the bldg I live in. A lawyer advised me to move as quickly as possible... which may be a few months or more for me, unfortunately.
    I don't know what the landlord/tenant laws are where you live... but you should look into it, particularly if you don't have the ability to move, or if you don't have enough money to handle things.

5. sleeplessinbc

newbite

Posted 7 years ago
    Tue Nov 1 2011 20:29:13
    #

Login to Send PM

On Friday I had my 4th treatment. I have not had any new bites for three weeks now, and have not found any bbs either. Dare I say, I beat it?? I sure hope so. I have been sleeping a lot better, and I have even returned to sitting on my couch. I have enough DE dusted around everywhere including the couch that if there are any still lurking, the DE will surely get them!!
    I also spoke with the building super. Because they did their part in calling in a PCO company, they will not refund any of the money I have spent battling the BBs. Although they are willing to let me pay my rent in increments with no penalties. i will always be diligent, vacuuming daily or at the least every second day, and checking everything that leaves this apartment. Apparently the apartment above me was inspected when I found the bugs here. That is when they discovered them there, so I am told. Wish me luck that this nightmare is over, and I wish you all the same!!!

6. sleeplessinbc

newbite

Posted 7 years ago
    Sun Nov 13 2011 10:05:31
    #

Login to Send PM

Well here it is November 13 and still no signs of bb's and no bites in a month, YIPPEE, I think I won, and it feels sooooo good!! I truly believe the DE was the answer, and I will always have it as a barrier around my living space. This is a success story as far as I can see. I hope you all are winning your battles as well. It can happen!! Catch it as soon as possible, and educate yourselves. This forum has been extremely helpful for info and just to vent. Thank you for that!

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,690 posts in 49,530 topics over 153 months by 21,699 of 22,141 members. Latest: carterscott, ohkayiguess, shawnpayne1982