Its never going to end [question for experts about placement of fecal stains]

(7 posts)
  1. yikes_bugs

Posted 3 years ago
    Sun Jan 17 2016 15:04:16
    #

Login to Send PM

My original story is here:

http://bedbugger.com/forum/topic/an-updatelong-thread-but-request-experts-to-read-and-comment

Summary: Pregnant and hence cannot do chemical treatment. After thr first chemical treatment, doctor warned. Called heat treatment guys but they did not find anything and hence they did not do the treatment. Moreover they wanted to inspect the nearby apartments and my management would not allow.

I have had climbups on my bed since Novemver 23rd and never have caught anything there. We saw a straggler on carpet (an unfed male bedbug) on 29th November and we have not seen a single live bug after that.

Last Sunday, after almost 6 weeks I happened to see some fecal on the wall near the bed. I don’t know if they are new or old ones. I saw about 7 fecals. They weird part is I always look for fecal in clusters near baseboards, but these were 7…many feet away from each other, the highest one 8 feet high near a painting. Took of the painting and saw a big corrugated cardboard piece in it along with a nymph shed skin. I threw the frame and everything and heat treated the painting (cloth) which also had two fecal spots on it.

Some questions for experts? Some of the questions have no answers but these will happen underdtand

1. What does it mean to have fecal on wall which are so spread out? I have cimexa on my bed frame and carpet under bed and baseboard and hence its driving the bugs to the painting

2. How can the bedbugs reach my daughter with all the climbups? Also once they get to her and bite her, why will them come back to the painting and not stay on the bed frame and again how they reached the wall?

3. My daughter atleast initially in September reacted to bites with big welts and we have not seen those welts. So unless she has stopped reacting all of a sudden means bedbugs have not bitten anyone. But then why the fecal and the nymph shed?

4. How many bites or bedbugs does 8-9 fecal spots indicate?

I am going to get another canine inspection this week. The last time they cleared me but we found a bug. But I wanted to see what the experts think. I am especially curious about the pattern of fecal on the wall that are feets away from each other on the wall. Thank you for your help. I am almost losing it especially since this stress 1 month from the delivery date is not healthy. Please help

2. BugaMeBugaYou

Posted 3 years ago
    Sun Jan 17 2016 17:36:55
    #

Login to Send PM

Poor Mama... I can't imagine all that stress right before delivery. I can't answer any of your questions sadly but if you just need to vent, feel free. ((hugs))

I am a certified Herbalist, Aromatherapist, and Reiki Master Practitioner who is working toward a PhD in Natural Medicine but above all that I'm just a Mom obsessed with learning about Bed Bugs. Here to comfort and support some of the lost, panicked, and frantic until expert help can arrive.
  3. yikes_bugs

Posted 3 years ago
    Mon Jan 18 2016 21:33:47
    #

Login to Send PM

I was going someone could comment. I know I have many questions but I was hoping someone could answer the spread out fecal on wall question and the fourth question above. Thanks.

4. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 3 years ago
    Tue Jan 19 2016 0:00:31
    #

Login to Send PM

Please be patient. It's a three-day holiday weekend in the US and most experts are a less active here on weekends.

Moreover, in my experience, due to being busy and having to pick and choose which questions to answer, they're more likely to respond to threads where the title says something about the question being asked. I changed your title so it gives more of an indication of what sort of expert information you are seeking. I hope that helps!

You might also want to post a photo of the fecal stains if you haven't yet. Just so someone can verify that's what they are.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  5. yikes_bugs

Posted 3 years ago
    Tue Jan 19 2016 2:57:52
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks nobugs. I am in the US but unfortunately did not have Monday off so forgot :). As per your good suggestion, here are picture of the stains: http://imgur.com/a/89t5x

I ofcourse cannot take picture of all stains since they are spread over 7 feet high wall, but there are aboout 6 of these and 2 on the painting I mention above

6. jim danca

oldtimer

Posted 3 years ago
    Tue Jan 19 2016 7:44:52
    #

Login to Send PM

Fecal on the wall can occur if there's been a lot of repellent based products applied to the bed or box frame. Maybe you can test the stains with bedbug blue. I've also seen fecal on the wall if there's a fan or strong air currents in the room. One woman got bedbugs shortly after turning on the central air conditioning, and the bugs were nesting around the window trim. The vent for the cold air was directly below the head of the bed.

PCO and inventor of a bio active bedbug trap
  7. yikes_bugs

Posted 3 years ago
    Tue Jan 19 2016 10:13:24
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks Jim. I tested positive with bed bug blue. I have cimexa all over my bed frame. Can Cimexa drive them to the wall? The eventually will cone down for meal though and well have to touch Cimexa or do they have the patience to just wait. There are no air currents.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,207 posts in 50,139 topics over 155 months by 21,919 of 22,414 members. Latest: Bigworm, Cain69, Bery10