Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed Bug Success Stories

Its Been Almost 60 Days........Im Scared To Say It

(16 posts)
  1. arianacassie

Posted 6 years ago
    Sun Mar 24 2013 8:11:55
    #

Login to Send PM

I have been on here since last fall. I am a DIY 'er! I found a large infestation in my sons room. I could not afford a PCO treatment so I decided to do it myself! We are almost 60 days without and bites, casts, or sightings. About 7 weeks ago my daughter had some bites or what i thought were bites in her room. I pulled her from her room and gutted it. She went back in last night and am happy to report no bites (could have been an allergic reaction to new laundry detergent) . I have been diligent in my cleaning of my sons room that had the original infestation. I had double sided carpet tape everywhere . After catching some instars there was nothing for weeks and that has come down a few weeks ago. there are nothing in the climb ups, nothing on the pillow, sheets, comforter. Just wanted to let the DIY'ers know that you can win. Oh and should be noted I only used chemicals when i found the original infestation. I vacuumed up the DE quite quickly when my son had a major asthma attack from it and the chemicals. I went with just a floor steamer, vacuum and a hand steamer oh and lots of hot drying when clothes washed (started back washing in cold when i realized they would be killed in the dryer) .
    Im almost afraid to say i feel like i am winning!!!! all the clothes have been in their dressers for a few weeks as well. I hope that this gives others hope that there is a light at the end of the tunnel.
    Not willing to say its a complete success yet but will keep you posted.

2. AbsolutelyFreaking

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Sun Mar 24 2013 9:36:49
    #

Login to Send PM

Congratulations arianacassie!

I'm so sorry you had to deal with this by just yourself . . . but what an absolute inspiration you are to others! Especially with just using the tools you used!!!! A true inspiration!

Congrats again!

3. arianacassie

Posted 6 years ago
    Sun Mar 24 2013 15:32:33
    #

Login to Send PM

[quote]

AbsolutelyFreaking - 5 hours ago  » 
    Congratulations arianacassie!
    I'm so sorry you had to deal with this by just yourself . . . but what an absolute inspiration you are to others! Especially with just using the tools you used!!!! A true inspiration!
    Congrats again!

Thank You!!! A lot of hard work , i am proud of myself . With 3 kids its not easy but worth the effort

4. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 6 years ago
    Sun Mar 24 2013 22:01:47
    #

Login to Send PM

Congratulations! 60 days is awesome.

Even if you're still not 100% confident, I am moving this to the success stories category. Otherwise, it might get lot in the shuffle.

Good luck and please do keep updating us!

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  5. theyareoutthere

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Mon Mar 25 2013 0:25:12
    #

Login to Send PM

Congrats!!!

They
    Are
    Out
    There
    = TAOT
  6. bedbugsuptown

Posted 6 years ago
    Mon Mar 25 2013 1:33:27
    #

Login to Send PM

arianacassie

May I chime in, Bravo! And please do keep us updated.

7. theyareoutthere

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Mon Mar 25 2013 1:52:11
    #

Login to Send PM

Ariana,

You must be a good influence. Absolutely, BBUptown, and I are on the same thread and it hasn't been labeled off topic, adult, PG, etc!

Seriously, congrats!

TAOT

8. AbsolutelyFreaking

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Mon Mar 25 2013 7:31:21
    #

Login to Send PM

theyareoutthere - 5 hours ago  » 
    Ariana,
    You must be a good influence. Absolutely, BBUptown, and I are on the same thread and it hasn't been labeled off topic, adult, PG, etc!
    TAOT

LOL TAOT! Well we certainly can't have that now, can we?!
    . . .

There once was a man from Nantucket . . .

(Just kidding, of course!)

arianacassie - 15 hours ago  » 
    . . . A lot of hard work , i am proud of myself . . .

As you should be arianacassie, as you absolutely should be!!!! Congrats again!!

9. arianacassie

Posted 6 years ago
    Tue Apr 2 2013 15:16:44
    #

Login to Send PM

OFFICIALLY OVER THE 60 DAYS!!! I decided that I will no longer let this traumatic experience rule my life!!! I saw a sock on the floor in my sons room and I walked by!!!!! Normally I would have freaked. I am going to start only looking between the mattresses and such once a week when i change the sheets. I am not going to vacuum everyday. Im taking a bedbug cleaning vacation!!!!! Thanks for all your support and help. Im sure i will be back to lurk but hopefully I never will have to post the dreaded.... I have BB's please help post........

10. theyareoutthere

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Tue Apr 2 2013 16:26:23
    #

Login to Send PM

Excellent news!

11. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Tue Apr 2 2013 16:33:10
    #

Login to Send PM

Good to hear.

David

I am happy to answer questions in public but will not reply to message sent directly or via my company / social media. I am here to help everyone and not just one case at a time.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about pro
  12. bedbugphobia

newbite

Posted 6 years ago
    Tue Apr 2 2013 17:46:19
    #

Login to Send PM

congrats! I'm doing the countdown myself. I wish you the best.

13. nomorebbspls

newbite

Posted 6 years ago
    Thu Apr 11 2013 7:27:28
    #

Login to Send PM

Congrats!! I made it 27 days with no bites (still no evidence anywhere) only to find one this morning. But hearing your story makes me feel so much better! It proves we just need to keep calm and keep going! Great work!

14. arianacassie

Posted 6 years ago
    Tue May 21 2013 19:59:29
    #

Login to Send PM

it has now been almost 120 days !! happy to report still bedbug free !!!!! There is a light at the end of the tunnel ppl wish everyone on here a speedy end to your bug issues! if i can get rid of them everyone can just have faith .

15. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 6 years ago
    Wed May 22 2013 2:44:08
    #

Login to Send PM

Congratulations!

Thank you for the update! And thanks again for posting a success story.

16. liminchun

newbite

Posted 6 years ago
    Wed May 22 2013 21:06:58
    #

Login to Send PM

congrats best of luck! After the fail PCO treatment to my place I myself have decided to go with the DIY approach. I have vacuumed, steamed, and dusted my whole room with DE. I hope this pans out. I've been stressed and depressed about this situation ever since.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

295,755 posts in 49,796 topics over 154 months by 21,795 of 22,260 members. Latest: insecureuser, o0liver19, Laura07