1. xpaperxcutx

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Sun Jun 11 2017 14:03:17
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

I'm a frequent lurker on this forum.

I recently started getting itchy welts and bumps all over my body. At first I thought it was an allergic reaction to something in my room but over the past few weeks, the red bumps have increased and I get them on my fingers, my arm, my thighs (this is a very serious area), my legs and my back.

The bumps don't just happen at night, they occur in the morning when I wake up and the first thing I feel is itchiness and the bumps would appear. They will also occur at night when I'm outside my house and travelling, little welts on my fingers.

I even saw a doctor for them and while I thought at first it was scabies (scabies affect hands) she said it's begbugs.

The thing is I can't seem to find bedbugs anywhere. I threw out my old mattress and bought a new one and I kept it wrapped in a mattress protector. I haven't seen any black dots or bedbug shells on my bed. I have washed most of my clothes and stored them in plastic bags, but the red bumps and the itchiness have increased.

When I have my boyfriend over to my house, I'll get the itchy bumps, but he won't have any on him

I have also found and killed 2 tiny ticks(?) once crawling on my bed but haven't found any since.

Can someone please help me? Should I just automatically assume I do have bedbugs and clean and bag up everything. I even went ahead and bought Dichotomous Earth from Amazon because I really want to get rid of whatever is

2. Proudmommyto3rottenboys

Posted 1 year ago
    Sun Jun 11 2017 15:52:23
    #

Login to Send PM

Are you positive it was ticks you found???I would say if you havent found a bug then I wouldn't assume you have them.Bed Bugs are GREAT hiders and personally Ive never ever found a bed bug anytime Ive went looking for Them and Ive dealt with bed bugs off and on for over 3 years.Anything could be causing you to break out like that.Do they look like masquito bites???If so that what bed bug bites look like...If I were you what I would do is keep searching your bed and around your Bed.Lots of people when they have them they find them on top of curtains a lot..They like to come out really early in the morning.Like I woke up at 6am on morning and seen one crawling on my blanket.So set your alarm and get up and look.But yeah I would say if you haven't found anything yet I wouldn't panic..

3. xpaperxcutx

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Sun Jun 11 2017 23:15:02
    #

Login to Send PM

Proudmommyto3rottenboys - 7 hours ago  » 
    Are you positive it was ticks you found???I would say if you havent found a bug then I wouldn't assume you have them.Bed Bugs are GREAT hiders and personally Ive never ever found a bed bug anytime Ive went looking for Them and Ive dealt with bed bugs off and on for over 3 years.Anything could be causing you to break out like that.Do they look like masquito bites???If so that what bed bug bites look like...If I were you what I would do is keep searching your bed and around your Bed.Lots of people when they have them they find them on top of curtains a lot..They like to come out really early in the morning.Like I woke up at 6am on morning and seen one crawling on my blanket.So set your alarm and get up and look.But yeah I would say if you haven't found anything yet I wouldn't panic..

Hi,

Thank you for writing! I am positive I had initially found ticks. They were tinier then the usual bedbugs, with rounded bodies as opposed to oval shaped ones , and very thin legs (about 6 legs?). They looked almost like minuscule spiders. They were crawling on my bed and when I killed them, they left blood stains on my bed sheets.

Regarding the bites, they were showing up like mosquito bites, and they were popping up randomly on my hands, arms, backs, and thighs. I also have a severe reaction to them as well, because when I scratch them, they will occasionally get bigger and become almost like a rash. I had to use calamine lotion to reduce the itchiness. The only thing that I'm not seeing from these itchy bumps is a red dot, that is usually the tiny red puncture wounds associated with a bedbug bite. But they are incredibly itchy, and when they die down, I'm left with a pinkish mark where the bump was.

I am so sorry to hear you've dealt with this issue for so long, but I think I am getting paranoid, but I am almost imagining I have bedbugs on my clothes. The worst part is, while I'm not finding any bedbugs (I have cleaned my mattress with alcohol again and bought a new mattress protector), I am stilling getting welts and bumps on my body. And this is while I'm traveling outside, I am getting "bites" on my body. I assume bedbugs only go for open areas of the body not covered by clothes, but I AM getting itchy bumps where I am covered.

I definitely know that I do have something in my room because I have been getting them more now due to the warm weather but I'm not understanding how I'm getting them when I tend to wear long pajama pants to bed.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

279,257 posts in 46,267 topics over 141 months by 20,394 of 21,225 members. Latest: Llorenzaccio, morgan, mojo172