It has been a week and I'm exhausted

(6 posts)
  1. Vonk

newbite

Posted 7 months ago
    Tue Jan 29 2019 21:36:38
    #

Login to Send PM

I'm going to try not to ramble, I live on the 2nd and 3rd floor of an apartment in Philadelphia. I first noticed 2 really itchy bites on my back about a week ago. Thought nothing of it. 2 days later my son yelled down that there was a bug in his room. I went upstairs caught it and compared it to pictures online and was confident it was a bed bug.

Next day I went out and bought hot shot bed bug spray and spray around my son's room. While doing that I noticed a dead bug half way up his wall. I put it in a zip lock and called my landlord the next day. She gave me a hard time about paying for an exterminator, but said since I've lived here for so long and was a good tenant she would help. That night I found 2 live one's at the exact same time in my living room. I called an exterminator and he came in and identified the bug as a bed bug. He quoted $700,i called my landlord and she said she could get someone cheaper.

So another exterminator came and said he would do it on Saturday. Saturday came and I placed all my clothes, shoes, blankets, everything that could be thrown in the dryer into bags and took all 15 extremely large trash bags to the laundrymat. I also moved all my furniture away from the walls and put my mattresses in an encasement that was ordered on amazon.

The exterminator sprayed around the house with crossfire, pt alpine and another spray im not sure the name.

I brought all my clothes back into the house hours later but left them in bags and left in the kitchen (they are still currently there). Since he left I have found 4 bugs. 1 dead on my son's room floor. And 3 in the middle of the bathroom floor on 3 separate nights.

I searched high and low in the bathroom and can find no signs of them in there.

I have read that the exterminator should of also used dust which he didn't so i purchased cimex and it arrives tomorrow I plan on treating every crack in this whole house with it. I have bought interceptors for my bed which will also be here tomorrow.

I need to know if im in a good spot with all of this or not. My family and me have been extremely stressed this past week worrying we might carry these things to work and school. And the constant feeling of bugs crawling on me is causing anxiety. Please help with any advice you have.

2. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 7 months ago
    Tue Jan 29 2019 22:55:19
    #

Login to Send PM

Not everyone uses Cimexa, that's nothing that should make you doubt the exterminator. The bugs may be leaving the treated areas for the bathroom, which most likely will put them in contact with the chemicals that were applied. It's also not strange to find them moving around after treatment, it may take some time before they succumb to the chemicals and die.
    I would speak with the technician before you start taking your own action with Cimexa, It's best to communicate and make sure you're not altering anything that will go against their plan of action.

3. paulfoel

Posted 7 months ago
    Wed Jan 30 2019 9:33:35
    #

Login to Send PM

Always wondered, how long after exposure to the chemicals do the bed bugs take to die?

I've had this where after treatment one or two have appeared in the ensuite bathroom. Even one on the ceiling of the bedroom!

4. SalsaVince

Posted 7 months ago
    Wed Jan 30 2019 11:57:49
    #

Login to Send PM

If you are seeing dead bugs, it sounds like you are in good hands. It should be the beginning of end for them. I had a lot of success with Cimexa but like BD said, check with your company first. Maybe they apply dusts later on in the process or have a reason for not using it right now.
    You can't expect them to be wiped out instantly though. Just measure your progress. Are you getting less bites? Are you seeing more bugs dead than alive? Are you seeing less bugs in general? If you focus on the progress, it will keep you positive. Take precautions with your clothing/bags when you leave home and visit others but keep living life. This is just a bump in the road.

"If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles."
    Not an expert. Just a survivor who's still learning.
    Vince
  5. paulfoel

Posted 7 months ago
    Wed Jan 30 2019 12:00:01
    #

Login to Send PM

Strangely never ever seen any dead bugs

6. SalsaVince

Posted 7 months ago
    Wed Jan 30 2019 12:32:39
    #

Login to Send PM

Bed bugs never die. They just fade away.
    No actually, they should die. Unless you have a really small number of them, I'm not sure why you wouldn't actually find any dead ones.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,988 posts in 49,598 topics over 153 months by 21,730 of 22,177 members. Latest: nadialula, Charybdea, Maria081