Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » About the Forums

Issues with site Sunday-early Tuesday (8/2 - 8/4/15)

(5 posts)
  1. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 4 years ago
    Sun Aug 2 2015 23:51:24
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi Everyone,

Unfortunately, we had some issues with the site Sunday night/early Monday morning. You may have tried to log in and have been told your account does not exist. This happened to anyone who tried to log in during a particular time period. It wasn't true, of course. I couldn't log in either, due to the same issue, so I couldn't put up any kind of message.

Things seem to be working fine now, knock on wood!

If you tried to reset your password during that time, I expect it didn't go through. However, if you are unable to log in now and need me to reset your password remember you can always contact me via email by clicking this link to go to the contact form or by clicking the black banner near the place where you log in.

Believe it or not, the outage on Sunday evening does not appear to have been related to our upcoming migration, nor to the database issues yesterday. Tonight's issue was apparently related to the old host (which is still our host) moving its servers.

Everything should be fine now but if this happens again, don't panic, and please don't try to re-register. You shouldn't ever need to do that. Your account isn't going away and even if it did, I would be able to go back to an earlier backup and fix the problem.

I hope our migration to a new host will be completed soon, though it is already much outside the original ending time I was given of last Monday. You won't have seen any effects related to that move, since it hasn't affected the live site.

Once we are fully migrated, our service should be much smoother. This is why we're moving after all.

Thanks, again, for your patience!

Update (Monday evening 8/3):

For a while on Monday evening, There is there was a new error message which looks like a bunch of gibberish near the top of the thread, most times a thread loads. I am aware of this and working on it. It should not affect your ability to post. This appears to now be solved (10:30pm EST). Again, it appears to have been related to the current host moving their servers.

We continue to have trouble with the website not loading sometimes -- (you may get an error message about a "resource error" or "unable to establish a database connection"). I am aware of this also and working on it. It's likely if you try in a minute or later, it will work fine. But it's very annoying, I know.

Thanks for your patience. We really should be getting to the end of these issues very soon and I know it's a hassle but please bear with us.

Update at 0:03 EST on Tues. 8/4

We just experienced a slightly longer outage (about 11 minutes), and the current host has let me know this was related to their server move this weekend. They're working out the kinks and hopefully we will have more stability now.

If you notice anything else that seems odd (not mentioned above), please post here (when you can!)

Thanks.

Update on Tuesday 8/4 at 5:45 pm

Another full outage hit on Tuesday, as many of you discovered. This, again, relates to the move of our current host to a new server.

I will keep you posted if I can get any updates. Thanks again for your patience and I hope we're clear of such troubles soon.

Update on Weds. 8.5

Issue seems to be over. See continuation of discussion here.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  2. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 4 years ago
    Mon Aug 3 2015 21:12:40
    #

Login to Send PM

added to the post above:

There is a new error message which looks like a bunch of gibberish near the top of the thread, most times a thread loads. I am aware of this and working on it. It should not affect your ability to post.

We continue to have trouble with the website not loading sometimes -- (you may get an error message about a "resource error" or "unable to establish a database connection"). I am aware of this also and working on it.

Thanks for your patience. We really should be getting to the end of these issues very soon and I know it's a hassle but please bear with us.

3. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 4 years ago
    Mon Aug 3 2015 21:35:49
    #

Login to Send PM

And of course, as soon as I post an update, there's a change.

Updated again:

For a while on Monday evening, There is there was a new error message which looks like a bunch of gibberish near the top of the thread, most times a thread loads. I am aware of this and working on it. It should not affect your ability to post. This appears to now be solved (10:30pm EST).

We continue to have trouble with the website not loading sometimes -- (you may get an error message about a "resource error" or "unable to establish a database connection"). I am aware of this also and working on it. It's likely if you try in a minute or later, it will work fine. But it's very annoying, I know.

4. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 4 years ago
    Mon Aug 3 2015 23:05:52
    #

Login to Send PM

Update at 0:03 EST on Tues. 8/4

We just experienced a slightly longer outage (about 11 minutes), and the current host has let me know this was related to their server move this weekend. They're working out the kinks and hopefully we will have more stability now.

If you notice anything else that seems odd (not mentioned above), please post here (when you can!)

Thanks.

5. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 4 years ago
    Tue Aug 4 2015 16:46:11
    #

Login to Send PM

Update on Tuesday 8/4 at 5:45 pm

Another full outage hit on Tuesday, as many of you discovered. This, again, relates to the move of our current host to a new server.

I will keep you posted if I can get any updates. Thanks again for your patience and I hope we're clear of such troubles soon.

Update on Weds. 8.5

Issue seems to be over. See continuation of discussion here.

RSS feed for this topic

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

293,552 posts in 49,285 topics over 152 months by 21,598 of 22,023 members. Latest: TW20, MyAccountHere, eldina714