Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed Bug Treatment

Issue After 3rd Treatment - How Worried Should I Be?

(5 posts)
  1. sjartist74

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Fri Mar 11 2016 11:48:33
    #

Login to Send PM

We had to house watch his parent's house for a month, and the 3 treatments took place while we were gone from the apartment during that month. We bagged and removed everything from the apartment (and put in tubs with Nuvan strips for 2-3 weeks) too. The infestation was 99% confined to the box spring, which we got rid of. We bought a new bed and got separate bed bug protective covers for the box spring and mattress. We also kept the bed 5 inches from the wall.

After 2 weeks back in the apartment, I discovered two dead bugs in our bathroom. A few days later, my boyfriend was bit and found one live bug on the box spring protector near the head of the bed. He squashed it. After this, we took apart the bed and examined the box spring and mattress and found nothing. He sprayed 70% alcohol on the bed frame and cracks in the woodwork of the window that is on the wall above where the bed is. There is also DE spread along the floor where it meets the wall under the window.

It's been 10 days and we haven't seen anything else. How worried should I be?

2. jim danca

oldtimer

Posted 2 years ago
    Fri Mar 11 2016 12:47:06
    #

Login to Send PM

If you can go another 14 days without any signs of live insects you might be in the clear. In an empty apartment, bedbugs often migrate into the bathroom.

PCO and inventor of a bio active bedbug trap
  3. kaitlynz

newbite

Posted 9 months ago
    Tue Dec 26 2017 21:16:18
    #

Login to Send PM

My boyfriend and I live in NYC and we had our third treatment less than a week ago. The exterminator found no sign of infestation--just two adults the first time he inspected, so he didn't think it was a serious case even though I had been getting bit like crazy.

The problem: I just found a nymph crawling on my pillow in plain sight...and right after I had finally finished unpacking all of our clothes. I don't know whether to scream or cry. I can't go through packing everything up and washing it all again.

Is it at all possible that this baby was born after the third treatment and would have died had it crossed the sprayed areas? Do I have to call the exterminator and go through this whole process again?

I'm so ready to leave this city. I can't stand this.

Thank you for any advice!!

4. enorman1016

newbite

Posted 8 months ago
    Fri Jan 26 2018 9:49:40
    #

Login to Send PM

kaitlynz - 1 month ago  » 

My boyfriend and I live in NYC and we had our third treatment less than a week ago. The exterminator found no sign of infestation--just two adults the first time he inspected, so he didn't think it was a serious case even though I had been getting bit like crazy.
    The problem: I just found a nymph crawling on my pillow in plain sight...and right after I had finally finished unpacking all of our clothes. I don't know whether to scream or cry. I can't go through packing everything up and washing it all again.
    Is it at all possible that this baby was born after the third treatment and would have died had it crossed the sprayed areas? Do I have to call the exterminator and go through this whole process again?
    I'm so ready to leave this city. I can't stand this.
    Thank you for any advice!!

This is literally happening to me. They came and sprayed their final treatment on the 21st. I hadn't seen anything in between the second and third, and after the third I found 2 live, one dead, and a nymph. The exterminator said that we shouldn't still be seeing live ones? I have been told 15 different things and feel like they aren't really doing anything when they spray. I, too, have started to bring all my stuff back in and am frustrated because I was told it's okay to. Why don't they come at night to treat for bed bugs?? What do we do in this situation? Call again to be sprayed. I was told to call if I see more after 10 days. But I didn't see any in the two weeks between sprays. So how would I magically see them now after the third treatment? None of this makes sense, and nobody will give me insight or will give me the wrong insight.

5. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 8 months ago
    Fri Jan 26 2018 12:42:30
    #

Login to Send PM

Enorman, start your own thread; it might get lost or overlooked tagged onto the end of a one year old conversation.

Killer of bed bugs for Homeless Empowerment Program

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

279,442 posts in 46,329 topics over 141 months by 20,416 of 21,255 members. Latest: nu2bedbugs87, ndjur, Krazybugger